Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keepsolid is bringing their lifetime product back to StackSocial
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Keepsolid is bringing their lifetime product back to StackSocial

cxplaycxplay Member
edited June 2023 in General

😅I was on the fence about their "spring sale" a week ago, but thankfully it's over(save 100%🤣). But today I was browsing the store and noticed that they've put the entire MonoDefense bundle back into StackSocial, and yes, it's all lifetime.
In addition to "Authenticator" which is still in beta, VPN Unlimited / Passwarden / DNS Firewall / SmartDNS are all back(or are new arrivals)...

I'm interested in VPN Unlimited and SmartDNS, so I'll probably buy them at the next MonoDefense LTD sales. But I don't use Netflix or anything like that, SmartDNS may not be something I use at all, so I'd like just to try it anyway😃.

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Nice to hear, although now you can just wait for a lifetime deal discount on their official website and also pay 90-100$ish (no need to go through Stacksocial/middleman) in that case. Some might prefer that. Before, the price difference was enormous between Stacksocial and the official website. That said, if in a hurry, 89$ is way cheaper than the 200$ on the official website.

• cxplaycxplay Member

@Ympker said:
    Nice to hear, although now you can just wait for a lifetime deal discount on their official website and also pay 90-100$ish (no need to go through Stacksocial/middleman) in that case. Some might prefer that. Before, the price difference was enormous between Stacksocial and the official website. That said, if in a hurry, 89$ is way cheaper than the 200$ on the official website.

Yes, I prefer to buy on their website, but unfortunately, I didn't catch this sale, and spending $200 on MonoDefense was worth it for me.🙂

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Wow, I remember paying $33 for it. Still, $89 is not bad. Solid VPN.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@sgheghele said:
    Wow, I remember paying $33 for it. Still, $89 is not bad. Solid VPN.

Yup, solid for lifetime. Still, better if purchased earlier :)

• I want to buy it even though I don't need it.

• @sgheghele said:
    Wow, I remember paying $33 for it. Still, $89 is not bad. Solid VPN.

I paid $9 lol the VPN is great, super reliable.

Thanked by 2sgheghele Ympker
  • @hacktek said:

I paid $9 lol the VPN is great, super reliable.

Proof?

• eh it's posted in some other thread, can't be bothered to search for it

to be clear I'm not saying that I just got it for $9, it was several months ago on an $18 bundle that came with a hushed phone number

Thanked by 1farsighter
  • @hacktek said:
    it was several months ago on an $18 bundle that came with a hushed phone number

So you value both parts of that bundle equally.

• I might even value hushed more, I use the virtual phone number more than the vpn actually lol

• cxplaycxplay Member

@hacktek said:
    eh it's posted in some other thread, can't be bothered to search for it

to be clear I'm not saying that I just got it for $9, it was several months ago on an $18 bundle that came with a hushed phone number

Either way it's a great deal, glad you got it!

• @hacktek said:
    I might even value hushed more, I use the virtual phone number more than the vpn actually lol

Just a question with the hushed lifetime deal. I don’t suppose you can request a new number? Also what happens if you wanted to delete the number? Can you close it down or is it recycled as that could be a privacy flaw if it gets recycled.

Cheers!

• @CityBlues said:

@hacktek said:
    I might even value hushed more, I use the virtual phone number more than the vpn actually lol

Just a question with the hushed lifetime deal. I don’t suppose you can request a new number? Also what happens if you wanted to delete the number? Can you close it down or is it recycled as that could be a privacy flaw if it gets recycled.

Cheers!

I don't think you can close it. It allows you to select one number and then you get something like 1000 minutes and 5000 SMS on it. I don't see any option in the app to change the number so I'm assuming that if you close the account you'd lose whatever minutes/sms were left. Something I did find is that you can get multiple of those lifetime deals and then talk to support so the credit is applied to the same account and that way you can choose multiple numbers in the same account.

• @hacktek said:

@CityBlues said:

@hacktek said:

Cheers!

I don't think you can close it. It allows you to select one number and then you get something like 1000 minutes and 5000 SMS on it. I don't see any option in the app to change the number so I'm assuming that if you close the account you'd lose whatever minutes/sms were left. Something I did find is that you can get multiple of those lifetime deals and then talk to support so the credit is applied to the same account and that way you can choose multiple numbers in the same account.

Ah that’s quite handy. As I think they only allowed for one lifetime per account. This is the only lifetime deal I can currently find and it’s direct. https://promo.hushed.com/lp/lifetime-3

I did reach out to support and it turns out when you delete/close your number your Number is then directly recycled from Hushed rather than what usually happens when it goes into a pool and then a network buys a batch. Meaning that the numbers with Hushed are constantly being used and recycled. Not that’s an issue for you as you’re getting on fine but I imagine some numbers have been absolutely hammered.