Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soyoustart/OVH: How do I understand if their servers supports IPMI?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Soyoustart/OVH: How do I understand if their servers supports IPMI?

There are some servers that supports IPMI from ovh/soyoustart and other not.
How do I understand that?

For instance, does SYS-LE support IPMI? :disappointed:
Thank you

Comments

• It’s luck of the draw. All OVH servers support it, but when it comes to Eco, it’s literally just luck of the draw. It depends on the rack and the motherboard so there isn’t really a way to guarantee it.

• Every SoYouStart servers that I have tested (the SYS-1-xxx and SYS-2-xxx with the Xeon D cpu, and SYS-3-SSD) had IPMI out of the box even though it wasn't advertised.
    None of the Kimsufi have IMPI, even as an option.

• @fredo1664 said:

But technically if you run ipmitool you see it's active just that it's nit accessible via the panel...

• @plumberg said:

@fredo1664 said:

But technically if you run ipmitool you see it's active just that it's nit accessible via the panel...

Last time we had this discussion @darkimmortal got me curious. I wish there was a hack that gave you access to the IPMI on Kimsufi servers, it would be fun.

• darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited June 2023

@fredo1664 said:

@plumberg said:

@fredo1664 said:

Last time we had this discussion @darkimmortal got me curious. I wish there was a hack that gave you access to the IPMI on Kimsufi servers, it would be fun.

With ipv6 support in the bmc you could use it as general purpose IPMI, but I don't think any of the kimsufi boxes are new enough for that... yet (the E5's are supermicro x9). As it stands with a healthy dose of russian roulette you can get into the bios

• @darkimmortal said:

@fredo1664 said:

@plumberg said:

@fredo1664 said:

With ipv6 support in the bmc you could use it as general purpose IPMI, but I don't think any of the kimsufi boxes are new enough for that... yet (the E5's are supermicro x9). As it stands with a healthy dose of russian roulette you can get into the bios

Any tutorial on using ipv6 in BMC?