Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage servers in India?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage servers in India?

Any provider with 1-2 TB of hdd storage in India?

Mainly for backup cold storage. No excessive bandwidth usage after initial upload.

Raid storage Preferable

1gbps capped Preferable

Budget LET peicepoint...

Thanked by 1greentea

Comments

• AstroAstro Member
    Thanked by 1plumberg
  • Guess there aren't really any storage providers in India... hmmmmm

• emghemgh Member

@plumberg said: backup cold storage

Why would location be important if it's for cold backups?

• @emgh said:

@plumberg said: backup cold storage

Why would location be important if it's for cold backups?

Good q... maybe it's good to spread the backups in different locations? Maybe I am just paranoid

I have storage covered in EU and US.... little in SGP...

I am open to see India/ Australia/ Middle East too...

Thanked by 2emgh greentea
  • emghemgh Member

@plumberg said: Maybe I am just paranoid

YES!

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • emghemgh Member

I mean if you got copies in EU, US & SGP and all fail roughly at the same time, the world is in bad enough shape for your backups to probably not be on top of your mind

• AstroAstro Member

I can make you a account on my NAS lol

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @Astro said:
    I can make you a account on my NAS lol

That'd be Kool to try. Decentralized storage

• Not any suggestion of providers. But why no one considers wasabi or blackblaze for backups? Wasabi offers 1 tb for 5$ with free egress.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @sreekanth850 said:
    Not any suggestion of providers. But why no one considers wasabi or blackblaze for backups? Wasabi offers 1 tb for 5$ with free egress.

If you want some real cheap cold storage, you gotta go with Scaleway. It's $2.40 tb.

• @greentea said:

@sreekanth850 said:
    Not any suggestion of providers. But why no one considers wasabi or blackblaze for backups? Wasabi offers 1 tb for 5$ with free egress.

If you want some real cheap cold storage, you gotta go with Scaleway. It's $2.40 tb.

What about egress? Do they offer free bsndwidth?

• @greentea said:

@sreekanth850 said:

This is fir India location. Scaleway is EU only. Please keep the thread discussion to relevant comments only