Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

25 cent hosting company, good or not?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

25 cent hosting company, good or not?

Hi all,

I recently came across a hosting company, https://www.host25cent.com/

Does anyone has or had experience with it?

I only need PHP 5 and above, more than 20 domain hosting, and more than 1Gb harddisk.
Also, more than 5Gb bandwidth, and 1 email account for each of the 20 domains with 500Mb space.

I have my own script that even runs on php 4.

I thouth of them because I really do not need much for the last 15 years.

The only thing is their 3 day money back, but I really understand that for a 10Gb account and pay $7 / year is a great thing for me.

Thanks to all for reading and helping.
Regards, and God bless you all.

Comments

• looks shady.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

So, first post, and shill?

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@cybertech said:
    looks shady.

Nope, that would be HostEminem.com

Thanked by 1Otus9051
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2023

Just go with buyshared.net, it's only $18 per year and one of the most reliable providers.

Also, if you need a separate panel for each domain, look at their reseller hosting packages, which start at $2 per month.

Thanked by 1BetaRacks
  • rcy026rcy026 Member

When they use phrases like "we provide enterprise level business" and "large scale" and then sell hosting for 25 cents, it just screams bullshit to me. No enterprise level anything would look for hosting for 25 cents.

Thanked by 3Kebab Plioser Egyarmy
  • Thanks cybertech, and ManishPant.
    No netomx, no shill. It just happened that I found them about 3 months ago, and between them and others 100s. And I also found your 2 sites , an being reading and reading your cool stuff.

Now, I registered to just post for a help from more experienced users.

Thanks anyway.
    Kind regards.

• @rcy026 said:
    When they use phrases like "we provide enterprise level business" and "large scale" and then sell hosting for 25 cents, it just screams bullshit to me. No enterprise level anything would look for hosting for 25 cents.

Very on point.

See, netomx, its experience Iam talking about.

In reality I passed the last 15 years with 1 guy from USA, that was renting his home server for 1$/month. But, he is going to retire.

And I am on the llokout.

There are some from Philippines, but I found that their billing was not good, so run away.

There is another in India, but far.

Anything in Europe asks for fiscal numbers..... Yeah......right....

I even bouth a domain.eu in a european country, and bang...... They ask for fiscal number otherwise I do not have the domain, not even reinbursemet. Of money on my credit card.....

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@viralkatel said: I recently came across a hosting company, https://www.host25cent.com/

You should be aware that a classic pattern of shill is someone who signs up on a forum and immediately asks about a company (so the red flags naturally go up)

That said, as far as Host25Cent is concerned, it's hard to see how they can offer shared hosting with cPanel for $3/y or $5/y. (Note that they also incorrectly write "Cpanel" for "cPanel)

Also, as far as I can tell, they use WHMCS, but their domain host25cent.com fails to be validated by WHMCS's license verification ("This domain is not authorized to be using WHMCS")

In sum, I'd be cautious about them

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • Oh my god, I can't stop laughing after seeing all their reviews.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • oyhacooyhaco Member

It Seem Not good

edited June 2023

@viralkatel said: Anything in Europe asks for fiscal numbers..... Yeah......right....

Shared hosting providers in Europe don't ask for fiscal numbers, so I'm not sure what you're talking about here ...

• vovlervovler Member
    edited June 2023

@viralkatel said:
    I have my own script that even runs on php 4

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Also, isn't the min stripe transaction fee 25 cents? :*

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • 99.9% uptime, 25c/month? 1GB SSD Space, unlimited EVERYTHING else AND cpanel?
    Yup can't see anything wrong with this.

Thanked by 2netomx Egyarmy
  • at that point just use infinityfree
    used them for years, site went down some times but was good enough for whatever i had on there

• emghemgh Member

We provide share hosting in cheap price that our server run many website one of client run phishing that ip has blacklisted it normal process. That we change new server We are listed Our backup and storage policy in TOS

Trying to understand them is like trying to hear what this lovely man is singing:

Very good song

Very sad it's got 49 views

Maybe it can double now

• @emgh said:
    We provide share hosting in cheap price that our server run many website one of client run phishing that ip has blacklisted it normal process. That we change new server We are listed Our backup and storage policy in TOS

Trying to understand them is like trying to hear what this lovely man is singing:

Very good song

Maybe it can double now

average edm song

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Otus9051 said:

@emgh said:

Very good song

Maybe it can double now

average edm song

I’d classify it as French House

• Back in days I used free hosting (cannot remember which) and it did not end well. I was hosting blog there and at some point they deleted site (demanded to move to their paid plan) due to some "content" they did not like. Of course it was only excuse to move to paid plan. There was nothing shady on that blog. Since then - never again with "free" hosting.

• @angstrom said:

@viralkatel said: Anything in Europe asks for fiscal numbers..... Yeah......right....

Shared hosting providers in Europe don't ask for fiscal numbers, so I'm not sure what you're talking about here ...

So sorry, I meant.... Domain purchase.

I bought a .eu domain and they asked for tax number, otherwise according to eu laws they cannot release it.

Still, after 7 months back nd forward with the eu laws, I gave up.

• @moodwriter said:
    Back in days I used free hosting (cannot remember which) and it did not end well. I was hosting blog there and at some point they deleted site (demanded to move to their paid plan) due to some "content" they did not like. Of course it was only excuse to move to paid plan. There was nothing shady on that blog. Since then - never again with "free" hosting.

You are write, free stuff ane day get back and it hurts.

It did happen with me a few times.

Now i just pay small.

• nessanessa Member, Patron Provider

With the cost of cPanel I don't know how anyone can offer hosting for less than $1/mo and still make money

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • emghemgh Member

@nessa said: and still make money

That's where you're wrong old man

Thanked by 1nessa
  • You guys rock..... Even music together with coments.....
    👍

@viralkatel said:

@angstrom said:

So sorry, I meant.... Domain purchase.

I bought a .eu domain and they asked for tax number, otherwise according to eu laws they cannot release it.

Still, after 7 months back nd forward with the eu laws, I gave up.

Well, you said "Anything in Europe asks for fiscal numbers", which is what I was reacting to (since it's not true)

As for .eu domains, indeed, not everyone can register one, but many ccTLDs are like this as well: they require residency or a business presence. (But the requirements are public and aren't obscure)

• inlandinland Member

Join The 25 Cent Army

Thanked by 1emgh
  • :o what on earth??¿???????

• @nessa said:
    With the cost of cPanel I don't know how anyone can offer hosting for less than $1/mo and still make money

He doesn't know the one simple trick that saves BILLIONS in cPanel costs that they don't want you to know about!

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 2023

@CheepCluck said:

@nessa said:

He doesn't know the one simple trick that saves BILLIONS in cPanel costs that they don't want you to know about!

Trick is:

Don’t pay

• @emgh said:

@Otus9051 said:

@emgh said:

Very good song

Maybe it can double now

average edm song

I’d classify it as French House

is that the french fry version of waffle house