Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for someone to donate a server or give a good deal...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for someone to donate a server or give a good deal...

Hello,

I made a thread yesturday saying that I have a spare dedi and asked what I should do with it.

Many people said free VPS.

I'd like to do this but the server I currently have isn't powerful enough.

I would like to know if its possible to get a server donated to me to set up as free LET VPS's.

If donation is not possible then would a really good deal be an idea?

Comments

• RocksterRockster Member
    edited December 2013

YART

(yet another rmlhhd thread)

Why would anyone donate server to you as you don't know what to do even with server you have.

Thanked by 1xDragonZ
  • BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited December 2013

lol :)

Get a job, works some hours in the weekend and you can buy yourself a nice server!

• @joodle said:
    lol :)

Get a job, works some hours in the weekend and you can buy yourself a nice server!

I've got the money to buy a server, as I said above. I can accept a deal.

Just if I went out and brought a server my money would soon disappear.

• joodle said: lol :)

He will open a new topic soon with the title :

Looking for a job to purchase a more powerful server

Thanked by 1rmlhhd
  • awesome!

• @rmlhhd Weren't you banned recently for breaking the domain auction rules?
    Why would anyone donate something that valuable to you?

• Man, you are really annoying!

Thanked by 1LES
  • @rmlhhd said:

And so will someone else's money if they give you a server for free.

• @Microlinux said:

Essentially your right but they may also make money.

If someone was to donate a server to me and I was to become successful and make money the person who donated the server would get their money back + more...

• @rmlhhd said:
    I would like to know if its possible to get a server donated to me to set up as free LET VPS's.

@rmlhhd said:
    If someone was to donate a server to me and I was to become successful and make money

In any event, if you spend your money and you somehow made money from free VPSes, you would get your money back and more as well. Get a job.

• It's wonderful outside. Go out and play.

Thanked by 3Mark_R Sander drserver
  • @serverian said:
    It's wonderful outside. Go out and play.

It's raining here.

• @rmlhhd said:
    It's raining here.

There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing.

Thanked by 3Zen Mark_R ironhide
  • free LET VPS's.

I'd like two (don't worry, I'll setup different shell companies to bypass the 1 per company offer rule). First VPS should have a lot of disk space because I'm setting up a NSA mirror. Second one doesn't matter, it'll be used for a tor exit node honeypot.

I've got the money to buy a server, as I said above. I can accept a deal.

We think alike. I started a similar thread on another forum asking for people to donate a Lamborghini to me.

• Wait.... didn't you just make a thread stating you had spare servers O_O?

Mun

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited December 2013

@Zen said:
    But they aren't good enough to offer a free service paid service I don't even know.
    @Mun said:
    Wait.... didn't you just make a thread stating you had spare servers O_O?

Mun

I do have a spare server but I would not host VPS's on it. People would literally blow it up.

It's not powerful enough.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @rmlhhd said:
    I do have a spare server but I would not host VPS's on it. People would literally blow it up.

Ha ha

• ironhideironhide Member
    edited December 2013

rmlhhd said: I do have a spare server but I would not host VPS's on it. People would literally blow it up.

Or, maybe you're not doing it because you need to buy a solus master license from your own money (which will literally drain your pocket as you said) to offer free VPS service. Maybe you could, if someone donated you a solus license.

mmm no wait, maybe you just need someone to donate a colo too! to keep your server online...

or wait - maybe another new thread is coming....

• @ironhide said:

The thread will be: Could someone donate me a ready-to-go VPS-company with a decent DC and staff?

• rmlhhd said: Essentially your right but they may also make money.

If someone was to donate a server to me and I was to become successful and make money the person who donated the server would get their money back + more...

And if my aunt had a pair of balls it would be my uncle

• @ironhide said:

@ironhide, I do not need your grief. If I was to set up a free VPS hosting service I would not use SolusVM, not because it would supposedly drain my pockets - it won't btw. The reason for not wanting to use it would be because I would be trying to provide a free service not shove my money up some developers ass.

If I was to provide FREE VPS I would use Feathur, this is because it has been developed by a company that from the start used an Open-Source control panel for OpenVZ and because I've been told that if I am running a FREE service then they would back me with a license.

edited December 2013

rmlhhd said: I do not need your grief. If I was to set up a free VPS hosting service I would not use SolusVM, not because it would supposedly drain my pockets - it won't btw. The reason for not wanting to use it would be because I would be trying to provide a free service not shove my money up some developers ass.

If I was to provide FREE VPS I would use Feathur, this is because it has been developed by a company that from the start used an Open-Source control panel for OpenVZ and because I've been told that if I am running a FREE service then they would back me with a license.

Yeah, all you need is donation, free servers, free backing, free testing, blah blah

Why don't you spend some time and commit something back to the opensource community then? Maybe a few lines? Maybe fix of couple of issues? After all these nice people are spending a lot of time making something good (Like Feathur) for everyone (and they said they wil back you too).

But wait, nope, you just want to make some money, and you need some donations, and you need other people to spend for your weird proposals and ideas and blah blah blah

Looking forward to your new thread

Thanked by 2xDragonZ Mark_R
  • @ironhide

you just want to make some money

I'm not in it for the money, I have spend the last 5 years working with multiple company's volunteering as a system administrator. 5 YEARS - No Pay, No Perks, No nothing. Just Experience.

I know most of what there is to know when it comes to setting up Web Servers, VPN's, Firewalls, VPS's, Game Servers, Dedicated Servers, RPi's, Co-location, Managed Switches. Almost everything to do with a server.

I enjoy working with people, okay my skills when it comes to talking to a big group of people like you and our fellow LET members are not very good but when it comes to working with individual people it's easy for me as that's what I've been doing for 5 years.

Okay I'd like to make something but that's what a job is for isn't it?

I want to start a community, I want to offer Free VPS's to those who either can't afford it or those who want it not because it free but because it's backed by a huge community.

edited December 2013

rmlhhd said: I'm not in it for the money, I have spend the last 5 years working with multiple company's volunteering as a system administrator. 5 YEARS - No Pay, No Perks, No nothing. Just Experience.

Ha Ha, it doesn't even take 5 months to earn some really good experience as a sysadmin if you really wanted to grab some. But I doubt boy, I am sure you wanted to make some money as you're doing and failed rigorously during that time, as you're doing now by annoying everyone. So just don't blame other people for not paying you anything when you clearly didn't deserve the paycheck.

And in addition, what does even mean by "volunteering as a system administrator"? I never heard of anyone who leaves their valuable data, servers and equipments on volunteers other than computer labs in the school?? And that is never a paid job, for none :D

Thanked by 1xDragonZ
  • @ironhide

Please stop with your grief.

I haven't really got the answers that I wanted but anyhow. I am going to workout the costs to start a Free VPS host.

I'm also requesting the all my posts to do with these ideas are closed.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

http://list.lowendserv.net/ there you have Deals.

• rmlhhd said: I'm also requesting the all my posts to do with these ideas are closed.

Yeah, then open another new thread!

• @Infinity580 said:
    http://list.lowendserv.net/ there you have Deals.

NOT VPS DEALS

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2013

Free vps? oh dear. I just got one but i dont tell yah :D

• Welp, Winter break is coming. Guess we are getting our first Winter Server hosts coming. These new ones offer we don't own our hardware, we don't rent our hardware, we just make profit off other peoples hard work..... ohh wait it is free...... This whole thread is frankly pointless. You say you have tons of money, yet you want a free server, yet you have lots of money, yet you want a free server for VPS hosting...... Yeah.

Please stop and go away.

Mun

This discussion has been closed.