Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenLiteSpeed abandoned?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenLiteSpeed abandoned?

Last version was released a year ago https://openlitespeed.org/release-log/version-1-7-x/

Thanked by 1mrTom

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Would be unfortunate if so. The last Litespeed Ent update was only two days ago.

• Their Github repo do be looking sparse. Last commit 5 months ago.

• I think as long as Litespeed exist, OLS will still exist.

• LeviLevi Member

@febryanvaldo said:

I think as long as Litespeed exist, OLS will still exist.

OLS created to lure in users towards enterprise version. It is peace of marketing software. It would be naive to run anything production on OLS.

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2023

I've been thinking the same for a while now.

In 2022, there were two updates, seven in 2021, and now nothing for over a year.

Personally speaking I don't use OLS, though have a number of customers who do.

• Moved away from OLS to nginx and never want to go back. Many of their github issues are un answered.

• @LTniger said: It would be naïve to run anything production on OLS

Sadly I host several websites on OLS (CyberPanel).

• LeviLevi Member

@febryanvaldo said:

@LTniger said: It would be naïve to run anything production on OLS

Sadly I host several websites on OLS (CyberPanel).

Using OLS and cyberpanel. Bi-winning.

• ailiceailice Member
    edited May 2023

OLS handle pretty well if you dont want hassle with configuration and just doing "PHP Stuff". I works great on my low-end website without spike my RAM / CPU.

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited May 2023

@LTniger said: Using OLS and cyberpanel. Bi-winning.

I'm moving from Nginx (WordOps) to OLS (Cyberpanel). I believe OLS could handle more visitor than Nginx. Back when using Nginx, in peak hours, my average CPU load could reach "at least" 75-80%, but right now using OLS, my average CPU load never reached above 55%.

These are 2 of my websites.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

I'll try asking some guys at LSWS.

• @ailice said:
    OLS handle pretty well if you dont want hassle with configuration and just doing "PHP Stuff". I works great on my low-end website without spike my RAM / CPU.

Works great now. But if the project has stagnated completely then you might end up with problems if a security issue is found later and not fixed in that release. Though of course it might only be stagnant in terms of features, and security updates will still happen.

• gianggiang Veteran

They update their repo very often.
    http://rpms.litespeedtech.com/debian/pool/main/focal/

They also got prebuilt package for ARM now.