Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap DDos Protected VPS Needed for a reverse proxy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap DDos Protected VPS Needed for a reverse proxy

Hello fellow LET members, I'm looking for a small ddos protected VPS to use for reverse proxying my game server that's running on my home server.
Specifications aren't important, I don't need much bandwith, only thing that is important is that the VPS is located in Germany and as cheap as possible, open to both monthly and yearly payment.

Comments

• ZreindZreind Member

I need exactly what he said too.

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@bandito said:
    Hello fellow LET members, I'm looking for a small ddos protected VPS to use for reverse proxying my game server that's running on my home server.
    Specifications aren't important, I don't need much bandwith, only thing that is important is that the VPS is located in Germany and as cheap as possible, open to both monthly and yearly payment.

what spec do you require?

happy to do you a deal on a VM , all our VMS come with DDOS Protection

• SmallKittenSmallKitten Member
    edited May 2023

Find someone with a ovh-game dedicated in Germany, and get them to host a small vm for you. Put wireguard on it, and forward your ports. I have been doing this for a long time, works pretty good.

That said, if traffic goes over ish 200/200mbit over some time with a setup like this, ovh will see wireguard as a ddos attack, and nullroute the udp packets, simply bringing you offline.

You can also do this with a vps directly from ovh, but they dont have the same game ddos protection and firewall options ro set up.

If you want to run a fast test without paying, i have a spare vps at ovh idling, waiting to get cancelled. You can barrow this for a short test if needed.

Another option is Cosmic Guard. Not in Germany, but latency isnt to bad over there. Been using this aswell for a few game servers for a very long time. Its not perfect, but it stops the kids using $5 on booters, and for a game server as a target, that filters out 99% of the attacks.

Another option is to speak to Davide @ lowhosting.io. He can deliver good ddos protected vps in Germany, out of Hetzners DC, but he runs his own network and voxility, atleast he did a while back

• banditobandito Member

@Jasonhyperhost said:

@bandito said:

what spec do you require?

happy to do you a deal on a VM , all our VMS come with DDOS Protection

Nothing, as long as it can run wireguard, and has 100mbps port, It's fine for me, preferably as low as possible so it can be cheap.

• banditobandito Member

@SmallKitten said:
    Find someone with a ovh-game dedicated in Germany, and get them to host a small vm for you. Put wireguard on it, and forward your ports. I have been doing this for a long time, works pretty good.

That said, if traffic goes over ish 200/200mbit over some time with a setup like this, ovh will see wireguard as a ddos attack, and nullroute the udp packets, simply bringing you offline.

You can also do this with a vps directly from ovh, but they dont have the same game ddos protection and firewall options ro set up.

If you want to run a fast test without paying, i have a spare vps at ovh idling, waiting to get cancelled. You can barrow this for a short test if needed.

Thanks for the offer for the free test, already tested this with my Idle VPS so no need, but thanks so much for your offer, I currently don't know a living soul with an OVH-Game dedi in germany so that's a shame :disappointed:

edited May 2023

@bandito said:

@SmallKitten said:

Thanks for the offer for the free test, already tested this with my Idle VPS so no need, but thanks so much for your offer, I currently don't know a living soul with an OVH-Game dedi in germany so that's a shame :disappointed:

I do have some ovh-game dedis, so now you know atleast one soul! However, i am not a provider, so cannot help you.

I also edited my original post with 2 more options for you. ;)

edited May 2023

Take a look here aswell : https://hazi.ro/store/vps-server-amd-ryzen

• banditobandito Member

Thanks, a bit overkill, 9/month is a stretch, considering that I don't need a 10th of those specs, nor the 1gbps port speed :c

• @bandito said:

Thanks, a bit overkill, 9/month is a stretch, considering that I don't need a 10th of those specs, nor the 1gbps port speed :c

Then take a look here : https://lowhosting.io/kvm-vps

• conceptconcept Member
    edited May 2023

I would use BuyVM Luxembourg and setup a GRE Tunnel or use a NL VPS from RoyaleHosting they use GSL ddos protection

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax
  • banditobandito Member

@concept said:
    I would use BuyVM Luxembourg and setup a GRE Tunnel or use a NL VPS from RoyaleHosting they use GSL ddos protection

As stated, I only need Germany :)

• emghemgh Member

How often you get DDoS'd?

• banditobandito Member

@emgh said:

Successfully or not? :sunglasses:

• hostarishostaris Member, Patron Provider

We offer VMs in Germany starting at £2.80/month or £25.20/year

2GB DDR4 RAM
    1vCore Ryzen 9 5950X
    20GB NVMe SSD
    Unmetered Bandwidth @ 1Gbps

Happy to offer a trial for benchmarks.

https://deploy.hostaris.com

• ZreindZreind Member

@hostaris said:

2GB DDR4 RAM
    1vCore Ryzen 9 5950X
    20GB NVMe SSD

Extra ip pricing?

• emghemgh Member

@bandito said:

@emgh said:

Totally

• hostarishostaris Member, Patron Provider

@Zreind said: Extra ip pricing?

£1.50 per

• banditobandito Member

@emgh said:

@bandito said:

@emgh said:

Totally

The current server is hit like 2-3 times a day

Thanked by 2emgh greentea
  • conceptconcept Member

@bandito said:

@concept said:

I would look at Deinserverhost & Unesty

• bbb123bbb123 Member

BuyVM or OVH or Spartanhost

• ZreindZreind Member

@concept said:

@bandito said:

@concept said:

I would look at Deinserverhost & Unesty

They don't allow GRE tunnel to protect outside. Christian (exec.) said it in their Discord.

• bangbangbangbang Member
    edited May 2023

@hostaris said:

2GB DDR4 RAM
    1vCore Ryzen 9 5950X
    20GB NVMe SSD

I recently had a distressing experience with Hostaris, a hosting provider that I believed I could trust. Unfortunately, my encounter with them has left me deeply concerned about the safety and privacy of their services. I have concrete evidence, including screenshots, that expose Hostaris for leaking customer data and arbitrarily deleting servers without any valid reason.

Firstly, as a customer, I had entrusted Hostaris with my sensitive data, expecting it to be handled securely. To my shock, I discovered that Hostaris had leaked some of my important information. I have undeniable proof of this alarming activity in the form of screenshots.

Secondly, Hostaris has been guilty of deleting servers without providing any reasonable explanation. Several users, including myself, have experienced the abrupt termination of our servers without any warning or valid cause. This lack of transparency and communication from Hostaris raises serious concerns about their commitment to customer satisfaction and reliability.

I feel compelled to share my experience with the hosting community to raise awareness about these issues, as they directly impact the safety and trustworthiness of Hostaris' services.

Keep in mind that these messages were sent in a group chat on discord with others and was not sent personally to me or my team.

• emghemgh Member

Lmao

Thanked by 1ScreenReader
  • @bangbang said:

@hostaris said:

2GB DDR4 RAM
    1vCore Ryzen 9 5950X
    20GB NVMe SSD

I recently had a distressing experience with Hostaris, a hosting provider that I believed I could trust. Unfortunately, my encounter with them has left me deeply concerned about the safety and privacy of their services. I have concrete evidence, including screenshots, that expose Hostaris for leaking customer data and arbitrarily deleting servers without any valid reason.

Firstly, as a customer, I had entrusted Hostaris with my sensitive data, expecting it to be handled securely. To my shock, I discovered that Hostaris had leaked some of my important information. I have undeniable proof of this alarming activity in the form of screenshots.

Secondly, Hostaris has been guilty of deleting servers without providing any reasonable explanation. Several users, including myself, have experienced the abrupt termination of our servers without any warning or valid cause. This lack of transparency and communication from Hostaris raises serious concerns about their commitment to customer satisfaction and reliability.

I feel compelled to share my experience with the hosting community to raise awareness about these issues, as they directly impact the safety and trustworthiness of Hostaris' services.

Keep in mind that these messages were sent in a group chat on discord with others and was not sent personally to me or my team.

Are they 18+. I don't feel so.

• bangbangbangbang Member
    edited May 2023

Josh is 15 and Sam is 17, so no they aren't 18+

• @bangbang said:

Josh is 15 and Sam is 17, so no they aren't 18+

Really? According to their company documents, Sam is 18 years old (born in October 2004), while Josh is 16 years old (born in September 2006).