Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Direct admin query
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Direct admin query

chipchip Member

So I've got 2 direct admin vps's ... vps 1 is the main one vps 2 is the slave (dns replication setup)

But it's a shame to see the second vps doing nothing is it possible to move some services .... email or a subdomain to it and make use of it?... ive tried and get errors with "not being the domain owner" ... which is daft as both of them are used exclusively by myself

Many thanks for any help

Chip

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

Isn't there was a plan from DA to offer "Dns only" licenses? That way DA would be castrated enough to put on a nifty 512MB VPS and serve several thousand domains.

• qebaqeba Member

check this for dns replication - DirectSlave

• chipchip Member

@LTniger said:
    Isn't there was a plan from DA to offer "Dns only" licenses? That way DA would be castrated enough to put on a nifty 512MB VPS and serve several thousand domains.

I hope so, but for the minute I've got it on a 60gb ssd with a number of cores and a chunk of ram... seems a shame to be only using the os and a bit of disk space for direct admin .... I know the bind files don't take up much space or bandwidth so it's quite literally sitting idle

• chipchip Member

@qeba said:
    check this for dns replication - DirectSlave

I've got the dns replicated what I'm looking at doing is using it for other stuff (other than a slave dns server) as its a fully fledged direct admin install

Chip

• So, do you want load balancing or just use the other server? The latter could be easy enough. Just add the IP-address of server B into the A and AAAA records and point it to server B. Make a domain on server B (even if it is a subdomain, make it a full domain) and it will work.