Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Stormwall Protected Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Stormwall Protected Server

KaanArsKaanArs Member
edited May 2023 in Providers

Does anyone provide vps/vds/dedicated server that uses Stormwall ddos protection? Searched so far but no result. Location does not matter.

Comments

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited May 2023

no one will sell it, because they oversell classic ddos protected providers with their own extra rules with limited channel & other limitations. And to be honest - not great against ddos if real and serious ddos happened like against Lineage 2 servers. Or big wow servers.

• IDCloudHost Singapore is protected by StormWall iirc. Not sure if they support international payments

https://www.thejakartapost.com/front-row/2022/12/05/stormwall-and-idcloudhost-brings-ddos-protection-to-asia-pacific.html

• KaanArsKaanArs Member

@desperand said:
    no one will sell it, because they oversell classic ddos protected providers with their own extra rules with limited channel & other limitations. And to be honest - not great against ddos if real and serious ddos happened like against Lineage 2 servers. Or big wow servers.

Do you have any company suggestions? (No ovh combahton voxility and path please, combahton and voxility drop users, ovh is not interested with tickets and path does not provide udp for this game) I will host a not known game, so need custom filter for tcp/udp.

• conceptconcept Member

Have you looked at GSL/Corero DDos Protection?

• KaanArsKaanArs Member

@concept said:

hi, i did not. can i have their website so i can contact with them? thank you.

• conceptconcept Member

@KaanArs said:

@concept said:

hi, i did not. can i have their website so i can contact with them? thank you.

globalsecurelayer.com
    corero.com

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited May 2023

If you need custom filters for a specific game, it implies what you're looking for is a L7 filter.

If the game isn't well known, nobody will have written any L7 filters for it yet, and so it doesn't matter what company you go to, nobody will be able to help without having to write custom rules for you. These rules are nontrivial to write, and so what you are actually looking for is a managed service (which costs a lot more, since not only are you using their infrastructure, you are also using their engineering time which is billed by the hour.)

Sounds like what you should be doing is writing your own filters and then throwing OVH on top of that for the volumetric protection.

• @KaanArs said: and path does not provide udp for this game

and thats the key problem. There only few providers that can barely filter UDP. OVH Game one of them. NFOservers okay too (they have own solutions, i dunno which one, and very very big experience with ddos attacks).

Also need to check Link187 or https://fastpipe.io/ddos_protection.
    And for sure there are always https://x4b.net

But you need to understand only one thing: UDP flow impossible to protect. Period. TCP you can filter, but not UDP (due to protocol itself) You need some kind of provider that will filter on border router traffic to you, plus big gbps port on your server (like 10Gbit/s) plus good processor for managing connections.

Another alternative - load balancing. I.e. distributed ddos protected by different providers proxy servers for your application. I.e. attacker hit one server, others - stay online. Some part of players will go offline, but most of the players will be online, or can switch to another ddos protected proxy. Attackers and DDoS attacks by random toxic dick not so powerful in current days, most of the dangerous owners of big botnets from totalitarian countries and controlled by goverments or special forces related to govemerments. I.e. your risks - different services that sell ddos against target. And such services has limitations. No one will give full power of botnet just to take down one server for several hours, because right now if you do not know - global war outside the window. And cyberwarfare & tons of changes in laws & standarts since end of 2021 and 2022. Related to punishments for doing black hat shit. Things not like it was 5-10 years ago.

So purchase proxy servers, configure transparent proxies, run server on multiple cheap ddos protected servers, and have fun. If you can't - than you need some kind of udp-based custom filter for your app. You can make dump of all your packets, their size and headers & content and contact with some premium provider to block everything except these packets... But i'm not sure if someone will do it.

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2023

Always depends on what you are willing to pay and how patient you are. The thread creator has already created several threads in this direction, I do not have the feeling that a provider is really given enough time to check and fix any problems. DDoS is always war, until our current mitigation templates for individual games were at the level they are now, it sometimes took months. You can't see every type of attack in advance, especially since you don't know the game at first and therefore have to work with information from the respective customer. The more information, bad traffic and near real traffic attacks you have to deal with, the better you can filter.

Most importantly, he says that he has already tried Protection X from Y and that doesn't work, but Protection X may work differently with another provider, as filters can be set and used in a fundamentally different way.

Thanked by 1ManishPant