Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Digital ocean or alternative Datacenter In Russia?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Digital ocean or alternative Datacenter In Russia?

horasjeyhorasjey Member
edited May 21 in General

Hallo,
In digitalocean is there a data center in russia..?,
if there isn't, please advise me to buy a server in a datacenter which is close to a connection from Russia

Comments

  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

    @horasjey said: In digitalocean is there a data center in russia..?,

    No, from the image you provided.

    Try Warsaw, Poland.

  • horasjeyhorasjey Member

    @FatGrizzly said:

    @horasjey said: In digitalocean is there a data center in russia..?,

    No, from the image you provided.

    Try Warsaw, Poland.

    oke sir , tq

  • KousakaKousaka Member

    @FatGrizzly said:

    @horasjey said: In digitalocean is there a data center in russia..?,

    No, from the image you provided.

    Try Warsaw, Poland.

    There’s no Warsaw in DO’s offering. The only two DCs in Europe are London and Frankfurt. Frankfurt should be a little better from Russia.

  • rm_rm_ Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited May 20

    @Kousaka said: The only two DCs in Europe are London and Frankfurt.

    Amsterdam as well?

    If the OP is willing to examine DO's alternatives, Vultr's Stockholm DC is an absolute blast ping-wise from RU. From inside Russia I have a lower ping to that, than to some hosts in St. Petersburg, which is technically closer.

  • corbpiecorbpie Member

    Wow Vultr has so many more locations than DO

  • emghemgh Member
    edited May 21

    Linode is getting Stockholm too!

    Otherwise, HostHatch is in Stockholm as well.

    In Russia, there’s Aeza (and they’re in Stockholm too!)

    And maybe @HostVDS_com too actually (Russia)

  • KousakaKousaka Member

    @rm_ said:

    @Kousaka said: The only two DCs in Europe are London and Frankfurt.

    Amsterdam as well?

    If the OP is willing to examine DO's alternatives, Vultr's Stockholm DC is an absolute blast ping-wise from RU. From inside Russia I have a lower ping to that, than to some hosts in St. Petersburg, which is technically closer.

    My bad, yes there’s AMS

  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

    @Kousaka said:

    @FatGrizzly said:

    @horasjey said: In digitalocean is there a data center in russia..?,

    No, from the image you provided.

    Try Warsaw, Poland.

    There’s no Warsaw in DO’s offering. The only two DCs in Europe are London and Frankfurt. Frankfurt should be a little better from Russia.

    MB, I thought he might go away from DO.

  • nick_nick_ Member

    The topic title is misleading. Most people will understand that DO has opened a new location in Russia.

    Thanked by 1Arkas
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

    @nick_ said: The topic title is misleading. Most people will understand that DO has opened a new location in Russia.

    Agreed. I changed it.

    Thanked by 1nick_
  • jahrincjahrinc Member

    @emgh said: In Russia, there’s Aeza

    They have been OOS for quite a while now unfortunately. Been looking closely to get a few in there, but they have been with 0 stock for months now. :sweat_smile:

  • emghemgh Member

    @jahrinc said:

    @emgh said: In Russia, there’s Aeza

    They have been OOS for quite a while now unfortunately. Been looking closely to get a few in there, but they have been with 0 stock for months now. :sweat_smile:

    Nope!

  • Selectel is one of the best Russian hosts, can probably grab a small dedi or one of their cloud VMs inside Russia.

  • emghemgh Member
    edited May 21

    Damn

    1 vCPU
    1 GB RAM
    10 GB SSD

    ₽ 1.38 = 0.01725 USD

    Am I missing something obvious?

    How much are IPv6 & IPv4? I guess none of them included?

    *And this includes 20% VAT

  • @emgh said: ₽ 1.38 = 0.01725 USD

    This is hourly

    Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

    @shelfchair said:

    @emgh said: ₽ 1.38 = 0.01725 USD

    This is hourly

    Hahaha, I'm super tired and realized I was wrong but I didn't understand how

    12,42 a month then, how about IPs?

  • @horasjey said:
    please advise me to buy a server in a datacenter which is close to a connection from Russia

    You need a dedicated server, a cloud server (whatever that means), or a VPS?

    Also would be good to know which part of the country (western / central / eastern) you prefer.

    Quick cloud (apparently) options besides Selectel are:

    @fluffernutter said:
    Selectel is one of the best Russian hosts

    Yes, Selectel is considered premium, very stable, and production ready. Hence the cost could be above low-end we used to use here.

    @emgh said:
    How much are IPv6 & IPv4? I guess none of them included?

    There's some "Public IP address" available as an add-on. They say it's a "static address to access the server in a private network behind the router from the internet".

    This seems a bit unclear to me, so I feel it would be better to contact support before ordering.

    Thanked by 1emgh
  • @DataRecovery said:
    Yes, Selectel is considered premium, very stable, and production ready. Hence the cost could be above low-end we used to use here.

    I mostly use them for the cheap Pi stuff, 1gbps unmetered pi dedi in Russia for $10/month. If you just want bandwidth, it's stupid to not consider that option. If you want compute, i/o, or anything else, definitely not worth the trouble.

    Thanked by 1emgh
  • @FatGrizzly said: Try Warsaw, Poland.

    Bad idea.
    Even though poland is closer to russia, the ping is higher than to amsterdam, for example.
    If we are not considering russia for server/vps location, a good option would be finland (~25ms), sweden (~20ms), germany (~40ms), amsterdam (~45ms). (Ping is from moscow) In general almost any country in EU will be good, because almost nowhere is there a bottleneck.

    @emgh said: In Russia, there’s Aeza

    Formerly known as mskhost, which just disappeared as a result of hacking their infrastructure (exit scam lol).
    Even though aeza itself denies that it used to be mskhost, just look at the legal entities of mskhost and aeza in the web archive and see that the owner is the same person
    Stay away from aeza

    If you are looking for a vps (or cloud), the best options are:
    1. Still Melbicom
    2. VDSina
    3. Yandex Cloud (Analogue of AWS/GCP)
    4. Timeweb cloud
    5. Mail Cloud Solutions (Analogue to AWS/GCP)

    If you are looking for dedicated servers, the best options are:
    1. Selectel
    2. 1dedic
    3. SmartApe
    4. Timeweb
    5. Ekacod (In Ekaterinburg)
    6. Adman (In Novosibirsk)
    7. Melbicom

  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

    @Rolzzandik said: Bad idea.

    Even though poland is closer to russia, the ping is higher than to amsterdam, for example.
    If we are not considering russia for server/vps location, a good option would be finland (~25ms), sweden (~20ms), germany (~40ms), amsterdam (~45ms). (Ping is from moscow) In general almost any country in EU will be good, because almost nowhere is there a bottleneck.

    Tried sweden and poland(@pqhosting test ips), both ping latency seems same(~50ms)

  • emghemgh Member

    Try HostHatch

Sign In or Register to comment.