Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital ocean or alternative Datacenter In Russia?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Digital ocean or alternative Datacenter In Russia?

horasjeyhorasjey Member
edited May 2023 in General

Hallo,
In digitalocean is there a data center in russia..?,
if there isn't, please advise me to buy a server in a datacenter which is close to a connection from Russia

Comments

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@horasjey said: In digitalocean is there a data center in russia..?,

No, from the image you provided.

Try Warsaw, Poland.

• @FatGrizzly said:

Try Warsaw, Poland.

oke sir , tq

• KousakaKousaka Member

@FatGrizzly said:

Try Warsaw, Poland.

There’s no Warsaw in DO’s offering. The only two DCs in Europe are London and Frankfurt. Frankfurt should be a little better from Russia.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2023

@Kousaka said: The only two DCs in Europe are London and Frankfurt.

Amsterdam as well?

If the OP is willing to examine DO's alternatives, Vultr's Stockholm DC is an absolute blast ping-wise from RU. From inside Russia I have a lower ping to that, than to some hosts in St. Petersburg, which is technically closer.

• corbpiecorbpie Member

Wow Vultr has so many more locations than DO

• emghemgh Member
    edited May 2023

Linode is getting Stockholm too!

Otherwise, HostHatch is in Stockholm as well.

In Russia, there’s Aeza (and they’re in Stockholm too!)

And maybe @HostVDS_com too actually (Russia)

• KousakaKousaka Member

@rm_ said:

@Kousaka said: The only two DCs in Europe are London and Frankfurt.

Amsterdam as well?

If the OP is willing to examine DO's alternatives, Vultr's Stockholm DC is an absolute blast ping-wise from RU. From inside Russia I have a lower ping to that, than to some hosts in St. Petersburg, which is technically closer.

My bad, yes there’s AMS

@Kousaka said:

@FatGrizzly said:

Try Warsaw, Poland.

There’s no Warsaw in DO’s offering. The only two DCs in Europe are London and Frankfurt. Frankfurt should be a little better from Russia.

MB, I thought he might go away from DO.

• nick_nick_ Member

The topic title is misleading. Most people will understand that DO has opened a new location in Russia.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@nick_ said: The topic title is misleading. Most people will understand that DO has opened a new location in Russia.

Agreed. I changed it.

Thanked by 1nick_
  • jahrincjahrinc Member

@emgh said: In Russia, there’s Aeza

They have been OOS for quite a while now unfortunately. Been looking closely to get a few in there, but they have been with 0 stock for months now. :sweat_smile:

• emghemgh Member

@jahrinc said:

They have been OOS for quite a while now unfortunately. Been looking closely to get a few in there, but they have been with 0 stock for months now. :sweat_smile:

Nope!

• Selectel is one of the best Russian hosts, can probably grab a small dedi or one of their cloud VMs inside Russia.

• emghemgh Member
    edited May 2023

Damn

1 vCPU
    1 GB RAM
    10 GB SSD

₽ 1.38 = 0.01725 USD

Am I missing something obvious?

How much are IPv6 & IPv4? I guess none of them included?

*And this includes 20% VAT

• @emgh said: ₽ 1.38 = 0.01725 USD

This is hourly

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@shelfchair said:

@emgh said: ₽ 1.38 = 0.01725 USD

This is hourly

Hahaha, I'm super tired and realized I was wrong but I didn't understand how

12,42 a month then, how about IPs?

• @horasjey said:
    please advise me to buy a server in a datacenter which is close to a connection from Russia

You need a dedicated server, a cloud server (whatever that means), or a VPS?

Also would be good to know which part of the country (western / central / eastern) you prefer.

Quick cloud (apparently) options besides Selectel are:

@fluffernutter said:
    Selectel is one of the best Russian hosts

Yes, Selectel is considered premium, very stable, and production ready. Hence the cost could be above low-end we used to use here.

@emgh said:
    How much are IPv6 & IPv4? I guess none of them included?

There's some "Public IP address" available as an add-on. They say it's a "static address to access the server in a private network behind the router from the internet".

This seems a bit unclear to me, so I feel it would be better to contact support before ordering.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @DataRecovery said:
    Yes, Selectel is considered premium, very stable, and production ready. Hence the cost could be above low-end we used to use here.

I mostly use them for the cheap Pi stuff, 1gbps unmetered pi dedi in Russia for $10/month. If you just want bandwidth, it's stupid to not consider that option. If you want compute, i/o, or anything else, definitely not worth the trouble.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @FatGrizzly said: Try Warsaw, Poland.

Bad idea.
    Even though poland is closer to russia, the ping is higher than to amsterdam, for example.
    If we are not considering russia for server/vps location, a good option would be finland (~25ms), sweden (~20ms), germany (~40ms), amsterdam (~45ms). (Ping is from moscow) In general almost any country in EU will be good, because almost nowhere is there a bottleneck.

Formerly known as mskhost, which just disappeared as a result of hacking their infrastructure (exit scam lol).
    Even though aeza itself denies that it used to be mskhost, just look at the legal entities of mskhost and aeza in the web archive and see that the owner is the same person
    Stay away from aeza

If you are looking for a vps (or cloud), the best options are:
    1. Still Melbicom
    2. VDSina
    3. Yandex Cloud (Analogue of AWS/GCP)
    4. Timeweb cloud
    5. Mail Cloud Solutions (Analogue to AWS/GCP)

If you are looking for dedicated servers, the best options are:
    1. Selectel
    2. 1dedic
    3. SmartApe
    4. Timeweb
    5. Ekacod (In Ekaterinburg)
    6. Adman (In Novosibirsk)
    7. Melbicom

@Rolzzandik said: Bad idea.

Even though poland is closer to russia, the ping is higher than to amsterdam, for example.
    If we are not considering russia for server/vps location, a good option would be finland (~25ms), sweden (~20ms), germany (~40ms), amsterdam (~45ms). (Ping is from moscow) In general almost any country in EU will be good, because almost nowhere is there a bottleneck.

Tried sweden and poland(@pqhosting test ips), both ping latency seems same(~50ms)

• emghemgh Member

Try HostHatch

• ourvdsourvds Member

selectel.ru good