Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

virmach.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

virmach.com

virmach.com,buy his last BF two years VPS plan at node CHIZ001,by now about six months later,suddenly terminate the vps,and ban my control panel login IP

OMG,being a hot vps provider,this is what you guys do?I would say,junk vps ,virmach.com

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
  • Dont worry, mr virmach and his BF's will come back here just to read your thread.

• bdlbdl Member

hot vps providers in your area now

• shapengshapeng Member

by the way,its all four Chicago NODES are down over 3 days.Is it a joke vps?

https://statusbot.virm.ac/en/

• @shapeng said:
    by the way,its all four Chicago NODES are down over 3 days.Is it a joke vps?

No its virmach.

• somiksomik Member

@shapeng said:
    virmach.com,buy his last BF two years VPS plan at node CHIZ001,by now about six months later,suddenly terminate the vps,and ban my control panel login IP

OMG,being a hot vps provider,this is what you guys do?I would say,junk vps ,virmach.com

VirMach replied regarding the issue on the official complain thread: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/140143/#Comment_140143

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • shapengshapeng Member

When I post this thread I login to virmach.com control panel page ,the page prompted banning my ip and the page itself blinks quickly so nothing can do.
    When posting this reply ,I open the CP page again,this time it gives me:
    "
    Your IP * has been banned
    Ban Reason: Banned for 160 login attempts.
    Ban Expires: 05/20/2023 (21:00)
    "
    emmm,good triks...

• yeah its me, that was my fault. and i'll ban you for 69420 days if it was up to me.

• JabJabJabJab Member

My dude is so confused.

Once it was "terminated VPS" then it was "everything is offline".
    Once it was "ban my control panel login IP" then it was Cloudflare ban for too many login attempts.

Soon he will find out that his account exists, server is online, ban was temporary due to him spamming request to that login panel :D

Thanked by 3skorous bdl FrankZ
  • chrisandersonchrisanderson Member
    edited May 2023

Hello, Sha,

We come from same country, my virmach.com shared hosting still pending for days and ticket had no reply.

I heard of if you use Paypal they may will be refund , if Alipay, they didn't. some guys be "pending" months ..... :/

BTW: I am looking for a pretty cheap (under $10/yr) shared-hosting ,payment support Alipay or Wechat.

• emgemg Veteran

You also have VPSs from Racknerd and other providers here. A quick search for "Virmach" in LowEndTalk would have told you that Virmach had many issues from many customers here before you started this thread.

How much have you "invested" in Virmach? If it is a few dollars for a small VPS, learn the lesson and move on.

My advice to you is: (1) You have posted your complaint here on LowEndTalk. (2) Rather than investing your time in this thread or wasting your time trying to fix your Virmach account, spend it searching for a better VPS provider. (3) Give up on Virmach. (4) Sign up for a VPS from the other provider that you found in step 2. (5) Move on and forget about Virmach.

Treat them like a restaurant that served you a bad meal. Post a review online and never eat there again. Well, you are already done with the review part - in this thread. Now it is time to find a better restaurant; one that serves VPSs that you can enjoy without wasting your time.

Thanked by 2chrisanderson TanXS
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@chrisanderson said:
    Hello, Sha,

We come from same country, my virmach.com shared hosting still pending for days and ticket had no reply.

I heard of if you use Paypal they may will be refund , if Alipay, they didn't. some guys be "pending" months ..... :/

BTW: I am looking for a pretty cheap (under $10/yr) shared-hosting ,payment support Alipay or Wechat.

Buyshared.net is what you need

Thanked by 1chrisanderson
  • ZreindZreind Member

I'm currently using them and no issues at all.

• shapengshapeng Member

Ok,focus on this thread.
    The following is the section II of the "A Mysteriously Missing virmach.com VPS Hosting" story.

Just now,the IP ban released,I login to my virmach accout.Get the only submitted ticket for my referring vps that says:

Department: Technical Support
    Subject: #818524 Reporting Outage - Node: WellmadeTerrible-VM
    Last Updated: 05/18/2023 (18:20)
    Posted on 05/18/2023 (17:48)

emmm.this is the fourth day I go through at a Hosting provider, a ticket with no reply,vps lost with no reason.no email notice.

Let me make more clear what happened by timeline,very simple indeed.

1. Last BF I payed for a two years vps plan at a Chicago node ID CHIZ001 from virmach.com's BF page.
    2. six months the vps was going though minor problems occur often.
    3. at sometime 05/17/2023,vps was missing.
    4. at 05/18/2023 (17:48) I opened the above ticket at virmach.com support.
    5. at May 20, 2023 9:24AM(timezone,maybe minus twelve),I posted this thread because at that time I tryed to login virmach,shocked, virmach.com banned my client login ip ,no reason,just ban,page alarmed rapidly,couldnot do anything except closing virmach page.
    6. at May 20, 2023 12:34PM(timezone,maybe minus twelve),I posted a reply above in this thread because when at that time I logined to my virmach account again,magically,this time page looked normal,and gave a message like"Ban Reason: Banned for 160 login attempts. Ban Expires: 05/20/2023 (21:00)"(emmm.160 login attempts? hack an hosting account for what?I dont think I might have time to do such stupid things.maybe virmach.com likes?).
    7. at 05/20/2023 (21:30),IP ban closed,I logined to my account, checked the ticket,no answer.
    8. emmm.this is the whole story by now.
  • No one can help, just throw it away.

Thanked by 1gemexe
  • ralfralf Member

@shapeng What are you hoping to achieve with this thread? Have you checked the last time Virmach visited this forum?

Thanked by 1bdl
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2023

If OP need any answers by his provider he need to pay for support response so he will get answer from his provider.

@ralf said:
    @shapeng What are you hoping to achieve with this thread? Have you checked the last time Virmach visited this forum?

No profit for replies on this form for Virmach so this is a reason why no response from OPs provider 😂

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@shapeng said
    3: at sometime 05/17/2023,vps was missing.

It's not just you. I have a VM on CHIZ003 that is down as well. AFAIK The four Nodes VirMach has in Chicago DC #1 are all not available. Virmach has stated that this is because the DC null routed his /22 IPv4 there due to a ddos attack. Still down three days later and there has been no further comment from VirMach.

5: at May 20, 2023 9:24AM(timezone,maybe minus twelve),I posted this thread because at that time I tryed to login virmach,shocked, virmach.com banned my client login ip ,no reason,just ban,page alarmed rapidly,couldnot do anything except closing virmach page.

"160 login attempts" and being IP banned has been reported by others as being possibly due to a browser translation plugin. If you are running any browser translation plugins disable them before going the VirMach billing panel to sign in.

7: at 05/20/2023 (21:30),IP ban closed,I logined to my account, checked the ticket,no answer.

Don't expect an answer anytime soon. This is a known outage that effects a whole DC. Your VM is not coming back any faster than the rest of them because you opened a ticket. You should close the ticket, to have one less thing to worry about.

• You are a lucky one ;->
    28 days outage today on NYCB042, and still counting ;)
    Indeed, I'll keep it for dev usage due to the decent specs and amazingly low price ...
    Life is made of choices and decisions, enjoy the trip :)

• emghemgh Member

I hate these threads.

They were fun like half a year ago.

Now, it's irrelevant.

Everyone and their dog knows that Virmach is shit.

Move on, let's let these types of threads just die.

• shapengshapeng Member

mmm,go on this event timeline point nine:

9.at May 23, 2023 14:30PM(timezone,maybe minus twelve hours for US),Just tried login,The virmach.com account login normally,VPS still missing,Ticket still awaiting,No other changes,this is the sixth day when I began this event timeline.(by the way,until now my refering vps contract with virmach.com is one and a half years remaining.)

• VoidVoid Member

Damn, what kinda sick person would ddos virmach. It’s like confronting a crippled cow with a cannon.

• @jmaxwell said:
    Damn, what kinda sick person would ddos virmach. It’s like confronting a crippled cow with a cannon.

Maybe their customers themselves.

• I never go around making tickets to complain or wasting anyone's time, I don't mind if virmach gave me crappy uptime(it hasn't), if I had to wait months for a pre-order, no issue.

But my billing cycle never got updated, only got to enjoy this a few months, and there's almost no way to contact support about this, they merged my ticket with an old one (that was never even replied or anything), and marked it as "Technical Support" instead of "billing" (hope that is right but since it keeps on asking me for my vps credentials I doubt it).

I don't mind no help-desk/support on using the vps, I don't mind sticking to an average load of 0.1, waiting, but not being able to contact billing to fix a billing issue is just bad, that's where people pay you >.>

• bdlbdl Member

@shapeng said:
    mmm,go on this event timeline point nine:

9.at May 23, 2023 14:30PM(timezone,maybe minus twelve hours for US),Just tried login,The virmach.com account login normally,VPS still missing,Ticket still awaiting,No other changes,this is the sixth day when I began this event timeline.(by the way,until now my refering vps contract with virmach.com is one and a half years remaining.)