Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› Photobucket clowns 🤡 remove "free" plans, pay or get lost - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Photobucket clowns 🤡 remove "free" plans, pay or get lost

2»

Comments

• VoidVoid Member

@asterisk14 said:

@imgmoney said:
    Feel free to use mine https://im.ge, we have 2 levels of redundancy (HDD and DC). Your images will be super safe.

How can you host for free and photobucket can't?

I have the same question. I don’t see any paid tiers and it offers unlimited image uploads. Storage costs money right? How is this sustainable?

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited May 2023

@jmaxwell said: Storage costs money right? How is this sustainable?

I also want to know. @imgmoney please enlighten us.

• I will be soon adding paid tiers which will be more affordable. But you will be getting more benefits like

1) free cdn
    2) storage in multiple DC

I own multiple businesses so the cost I am spending on this is a fraction of what I make. So you don't have to worry and this project is well planned as we are more than 2 years old and we are hosting more than 4 million images.

Thanked by 1Void
  • somiksomik Member

People on LET, put your idlers to good use and setup your own Photobucket. Depending on which "deal" you go with, it will even have auto delete function when the host disappears :p

• Yes but you can download all your photos...it's months they send email.
    I use imgur..i use for share image with collegue and screenshot..

• @DataRecovery said:

@asterisk14 said:
    Just received an email from Photobucket, they have got rid of free plans. Move your stuff or it'll be deleted.

Could you please post a full screenshot of the email text?

I also have a very old account with them, didn't log in for a really long while, but would like to backup whatever is there.

Could be something nostalgic after all.

We're sorry to say your Photobucket account is being deactivated because we no longer support free accounts.

However, you can easily stop the deactivation process and reactivate your account without losing any of your photos or videos by clicking here, and following the instructions. If you have any issues reactivating your account, feel free to reach out to our Member Engagement Team for help.

Reactivate Account

We appreciate your business and hope you choose to reactivate your account with us. You'll find Photobucket is now faster, easier, and smarter than ever before.

Your friends at Photobucket.

• @imgmoney said:
    Feel free to use mine https://im.ge, we have 2 levels of redundancy (HDD and DC). Your images will be super safe.

Sharex integration required.

• People, you just need to have a family or friend with Amazon Prime subscription to invite you to their family circle and you get unlimited photos (5GB video only) for free.

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited May 2023

@desperand said: Sharex integration required.

I already used with ShareX. Enter with this information https://im.ge/page/api
    Ask admin for the API Key.

Thanked by 1desperand
  • hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited May 2023

I'm sure everyone here has about 30 boxes idling. Just host your own

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

This brings back memories!