Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good backup solutions to windows
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good backup solutions to windows

Hello! I am running a windows host at home - Currently running windows 11 (since i use GPU, easier to get drivers working, and steam remote play and stuff). Right now i just have a bunch of disks in the box, as well as some externals. I have been using google drive for a long time, and i have a enterprise account there. Syncing my "not important" data there has worked fine, and still is, but i want to see if there is some alternatives out there to do this?

-Windows client for automatic syncing set folders
-BW limit option is a must, since i have limited upload
-If i ever have a disk fail, i need to be able to pull the data at full 1gbit (up to 16TB per disk that fails)
-Prefer unlimited storage, but this is not a must. However, i am storing alot of data, and since this is "not important" data, more a "good to have", price is also a important factor here.

Is there any good alternatives to google workspace, or dropbox enterprise out there for such a usecase?

All my important stuff is backed up to vps servers around, so that is taken care of. The data i am looking to sync is mostly linux isos, good and convenient to just hit a few buttons to redownload it to new disk if i swap one in.

Also, yes i know i should run linux and raid and stuff, but this is what i have to work with at the moment.

Also, i am looking for something similar to servarica unlimited expanding storage. Their service is great, but sadly the cpu on their service gets a little low for what i want to use it for. Is there such alternatives out in the wild?

Comments

• Paying for a service to store your Linux ISOs is still paying for Linux ISOs...

Just buy hard drives with 5 year warranties and store locally. If you can't operate an unRAID box, you probably don't deserve to have a computer.

• Tony40Tony40 Member
    edited May 2023

Check with @Francisco BuyVM

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

have you looked at the hetz storage boxes?

• @Jasonhyperhost said:

Yes, i have. I ended up scrapping entire windows and go for dropbox unlimited and rclone. :) But thanks anyway!

• @SmallKitten said:

@Jasonhyperhost said:

Yes, i have. I ended up scrapping entire windows and go for dropbox unlimited and rclone. :) But thanks anyway!

See you again soon when they see too many people abusing their service like Google Enterprise recently

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • @CyberneticTitan said:

@SmallKitten said:

@Jasonhyperhost said:

See you again soon when they see too many people abusing their service like Google Enterprise recently

Honestly, i think dropbox will have less issues with this, due to their much higher pricing. Also, this is not important data. It is just plex library and backups for me. Anything important is stored elsewhere.

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

it would be priceyer but we would do acronis cyber cloud (has a desktop agent) , if you wanted to

• The cheaper and easier is probably a local NAS (my choice)
    Some idrive account with $4/To/y first year deal could be used during the transition ...
    ( I use it as second backup, seems reliable)