Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any feedback about CloudDNS DDoS protection for website?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any feedback about CloudDNS DDoS protection for website?

sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
edited May 2023 in Help

Currently using cloudflare, but we have a need for image storage with bunny, which is against cloudflare TOS. There's no way we can find a workaround for this , and CF image hosting and stream really sucks. So I like to move away from Cloudflare. Biggest fear is about origin server protection, ClouDNS have a DDoS protection addon for Website that works like Cloudflare. Does anybody here using this?

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

Why CF image and stream sucks? To pricey?

• @LTniger said:
    Why CF image and stream sucks? To pricey?

Cloudflare doesn't have directory structure that can be used for image storage. Its like i have to put all my images into one bucket. This is for my tenants data, and i have to isolate them into different directories for isolation. Regarding stream, yes its costlier compared to bunnystream.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited May 2023

Hm, probably Backblaze than (https://www.backblaze.com/b2/solutions/content-delivery.html)? They have CF bandwidth alliance. There is no better solution than CF network for the given price.

• @LTniger said:
    Hm, probably Backblaze than (https://www.backblaze.com/b2/solutions/content-delivery.html)? They have CF bandwidth alliance. There is no better solution than CF network for the given price.

Thanks, i will check with blackblaze.

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited May 2023

Huh? Cloudns does not offer DDoS protection for websites, they offer DDoS protected dns....

Or where do you see that DDoS addon for websites?

Or are you talking about cloudprima vps?

• sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited May 2023

@OhJohn said:
    Huh? Cloudns does not offer DDoS protection for websites, they offer DDoS protected dns....

Or where do you see that DDoS addon for websites?

Or are you talking about cloudprima vps?

DDoS Protection for web sites for $15.00/month per domain with included 1TB/month clean traffic. Additional domains can be added for $10.00/month.

Check their addons under ddos protected dns. Never heard anyone using it.

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • Jack_SBEJack_SBE Member, Patron Provider

Looking at their upstreams I don't see anyone that is particularly "well known" for their web mitigation filters.

If its just regular HTTP/HTTPS traffic then you could go with pretty much any provider that advertises a on-prem solution and be fine 99.9% of the time. Solutions like Corero or even on-demand solutions similar to what DO/OVH use are usually fine with web traffic as you're a lot less susceptible to rerouting into a mitigation stack unlike game servers that would usually have a huge drop because of this.

• @Jack_SBE said:
    Looking at their upstreams I don't see anyone that is particularly "well known" for their web mitigation filters.

If its just regular HTTP/HTTPS traffic then you could go with pretty much any provider that advertises a on-prem solution and be fine 99.9% of the time. Solutions like Corero or even on-demand solutions similar to what DO/OVH use are usually fine with web traffic as you're a lot less susceptible to rerouting into a mitigation stack unlike game servers that would usually have a huge drop because of this.

Ovh was fine, But this is with hetzner cloud servers.

• @sreekanth850 said:

@Jack_SBE said:

You can buy a vps at ovh
    Then run caddy or nginx reverse proxy

• @BetaRacks said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@Jack_SBE said:

You can buy a vps at ovh

A possible solution. if nothing works i have to think something like this.

• @BetaRacks said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@Jack_SBE said:

You can buy a vps at ovh

I had checked with Cloudflare, what they care is about content delivery and not about upload. Means i can still upload to 3rd party service without issues. But i have to find a way for delivery. Almost close to find a solutions.

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited May 2023

@sreekanth850 said:

DDoS Protection for web sites for $15.00/month per domain with included 1TB/month clean traffic. Additional domains can be added for $10.00/month.

Been using cloudns for some domains and never noticed that feature. Seems good!

Anyone using it?

• @nqservices said:

@sreekanth850 said:

Been using cloudns for some domains and never noticed that feature. Seems good!

Anyone using it?

Need to get some opinion on this.

• KebabKebab Member
    edited May 2023

For images have you tried cloudflare R2? it has virtual folders, and now you can put it behind cloudflare cdn cache too

@LTniger said:

serving a lot of images or videos from backblaze via cloudflare will hit cf terms of service

• @Kebab said:
    For images have you tried cloudflare R2? it has virtual folders, and now you can put it behind cloudflare cdn cache too

@LTniger said:

serving a lot of images or videos from backblaze via cloudflare will hit cf terms of service

I had got response from their community. It seems serving is the only issue. Upload is not a problem for them. And what i need is upload, Serving is happening through an app proxied by Bunny. So i hope I can manage with that.

• @Kebab said: For images have you tried cloudflare R2? it has virtual folders, and now you can put it behind cloudflare cdn cache too

We had used bunny for one of my other project, Its pretty straight forward and simple, with user based directory management. I'd checked R2 documentation Its very convoluted, and many things in S3 API methods are yet to implement. And second method i need to work with their worker, which I'm least interested. But R2 is something that I have to check once again, as it straight away solve all issues.