Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyberpanel + Openlitespeed Help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cyberpanel + Openlitespeed Help

YamiraanYamiraan Member

Currently im using aapanel, its good for nginx, i found that openlitespeed is good for wordpress websites, but aapanel do not support php8.1 with OLS, so thinking to move Cyberpanel, looking for some thoughts about Cyberpanel or any other good stable for OLS,
Thanks

Comments

• Just295Just295 Member

I have personally used cyperpanel many times for a few years now. Its a good product in my eyes. I don't know if I would put any business sites on it but never had a problem or reason not to. Personal thoughts, head over to Linode and spin up a vps for a few hours and install/test it.

Thanked by 1TrK
  • sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited May 2023

@Yamiraan said:
    Currently im using aapanel, its good for nginx, i found that openlitespeed is good for wordpress websites, but aapanel do not support php8.1 with OLS, so thinking to move Cyberpanel, looking for some thoughts about Cyberpanel or any other good stable for OLS,
    Thanks

You should try yourself with some testing instance. Also did you implemented FastCGI with NGINX. Its much more faster than OLS from my experience. I had moved all my wordpress instances from OLS to NGINX + FastCGI+ Redis Object Cache. Don't fall for the marketing hype, Test yourself and benchmark both, and see how it works for you.

Thanked by 1ElonBezos
  • themewthemew Member

@sreekanth850 said:

@Yamiraan said:
    Thanks

You should try yourself with some testing instance. Also did you implemented FastCGI with NGINX. Its much more faster than OLS from my experience. I had moved all my wordpress instances from OLS to NGINX + FastCGI+ Redis Object Cache. Don't fall for the marketing hype, Test yourself and benchmark both, and see how it works for you.

This works. You'll love the speed and TTFB.

• @themew said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@Yamiraan said:
    Thanks

Yes. People fall for marketing hype. And cyberpanel is a product developed by litespeed employee. So they wont bring NGINX or any other stack in that.

• Cyberpanel is great now. I am using it

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@sreekanth850 said:

@themew said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@Yamiraan said:
    Thanks

Yes. People fall for marketing hype. And cyberpanel is a product developed by litespeed employee. So they wont bring NGINX or any other stack in that.

I don't think Usman worked for LSWS, I might be wrong, if yes correct me.

The site states this,

Back in 2017, no control panel supported OpenLiteSpeed, so I had to set it up myself. Originally, it was only a web server and a database. I shared it on LowEndTalk under the name CyberPanel (a name suggested by my friend). As it became the easiest way to create a super-fast WordPress site, LowEntTalk members have shown a lot of interest.

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited May 2023

I'm using it, it's pretty good for WordPress.

• sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited May 2023

@FatGrizzly said: I don't think Usman worked for LSWS, I might be wrong, if yes correct me.

The site states this,

As per his LinkedIn profile, he is a Python lead developer at Litespeed Tech.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Why not install it without a control panel if it's only for WP sites? I like CPs, but if the use case is so specific...Maybe not.