Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Host Rep tag - show company name
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Host Rep tag - show company name

JabJabJabJab Member

More and more Host Rep people showing up here, but there is no clear linking to the company they represent - I think it's in everyone interests to have it somewhere clearly visible so you know when someone posting in [insert company] thread is actual [this company] Host Rep not some rando. Plus few other things like company exposure here on forum... or hate if you don't like theirs post ;')

I would assume granting everyone personalized role like "Member, Host Rep (VirMach)" gonna be PITA on permission level and no one wants to do that. Signatures could be disabled in settings - maybe at least force (update rules, sorry) them to set avatar to company logo or something?

Comments

• VoidVoid Member

There should also be something that shows account age/activity like Newbie, Junior member, Senior etc which is irrespective of being a provider or member. Helps to weed out summerhosts and spam accounts

Thanked by 2loay agentmishra
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

I like your idea, but the pfp/avatar doesn't sound good.

I always liked this account to remain personal, but due to reasons of updating people here while being just a support staff made me get a Host Rep tag.

The naming idea would require to create different roles, which isn't ideal.

Maybe forcing a signature would be better.

An example for this issue would be @bastab. I'm still not sure which host he is representing, and the footer link in razor email doesn't load.

• LeviLevi Member

@FatGrizzly said: I'm still not sure which host he is representing,

A scam host which needs shiling.

@LTniger said:

@FatGrizzly said: I'm still not sure which host he is representing,

A scam host which needs shiling.

Just noticed man got @cociu'd.

Wheres the drama?

@treesmokah got cociu'd too?

Whats happening behind the scenes?

I'll tag my beloved @Arkas

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@FatGrizzly said: I'll tag my beloved @Arkas

I'll tell If you tell. Share your behind the scenes weekly bathroom schedule, and I'll share :wink:
    No, seriously, he just took it too far, especially with the last 'autistic' remark.

Thanked by 2FatGrizzly emgh

@Arkas said:

I'll tell If you tell. Share your behind the scenes weekly bathroom schedule, and I'll share :wink:
    No, seriously, he just took it too far, especially with the last 'autistic' remark.

Just read a bit of his posts, LET moderation going stonks.

Psst: I'll send the videos, they're hosted on @yoursunny's Atlantic cold storage so it's all good.

What about @bastab?

Maybe LET can have a read-only thread recording the ban logs(with an explanation on why they were banned and for how much days)

• sh97sh97 Member

@FatGrizzly said:

@Arkas said:

Just read a bit of his posts, LET moderation going stonks.

Psst: I'll send the videos, they're hosted on @yoursunny's Atlantic cold storage so it's all good.

What about @bastab?

Maybe LET can have a read-only thread recording the ban logs(with an explanation on why they were banned and for how much days)

His colleague signed up and posted his exact same thread from sometime back and pretended it was a different person.

• VoidVoid Member
    edited May 2023

@FatGrizzly said:
    @bastab. I'm still not sure which host he is representing, and the footer link in razor email doesn't load.

Friend of yours @Otus9051 ?

@jmaxwell said:

@FatGrizzly said:
    @bastab. I'm still not sure which host he is representing, and the footer link in razor email doesn't load.

"17" wow

• @jmaxwell said:

@FatGrizzly said:

bastab means present
    ew ugly ass name no

• JabJabJabJab Member

You guys good at derailing topics :D

@FatGrizzly said: I like your idea, but the pfp/avatar doesn't sound good.

Sure, proper roles or even text field in profile like What company do you work for? only accessible to Host Rep/Patron Provider (and then showing that field in topic view) would be the best, but I am pretty sure answer would be (for like 1857 time): "we working on migration to newer Vanilla" and it will never happen.

Like I said in OP Signatures can be disabled by an user and putting (let's say) something important there is kinda stupid. Avatar is the only one working universally (however small on mobile view) that would not force you (especially you) to create/rename your account to something ProviderName_FatGrizzly - pretty sure avatar image is small price to pay for having your own username :D

• Some have host rep tag, but no company, or in building. Why they are allowed to have a tag, if they have no reputation or asking how or what is the best hardware?

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

As an active user of LET I would recommend that every account with host rep & patron provider to have in his account details more details about his company for example

For example a main menu with provider details

@jbiloh what do you think?

Regards,
    Calin

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Calin said:
    As an active user of LET I would recommend that every account with host rep & patron provider to have in his account details more details about his company for example

For example a main menu with provider details

@jbiloh what do you think?

Regards,
    Calin

Great idea.

Thanked by 2Calin opiq