Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Computer hardware upgrade consultation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Computer hardware upgrade consultation

saobilinsaobilin Member

I have already booked 7900xtx, how can I choose a CPU? I want to buy 7950x, but it seems that the overall performance is weaker than the i9 13900k. What is your opinion?The price of 13900k in the second-hand market is almost similar to 7950x, making it a difficult choice.If you have made a choice, can you recommend the motherboard ?Thanks a lot.

CPU
  1. What is your choice?10 votes
    1. 7950x
      80.00%
    2. i9 13900k
      20.00%

Comments

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Go for 7950x

Don't go for 2nd hand CPUs - I have had terrible experience.

That'd be $7, please. What name do you want on the invoice? you can refer my consultation service to your friends & acquaintances too ;) I take only PEPE coin as payment.

Thanks.

Thanked by 1saobilin
  • wotetiwoteti Member

If it's for gaming (7900xtx mentioned), I'd go for 7800x3d. But core count is on the low side for productivity. If productivity takes precedence, then either 7950x or 7950x3d.

13900k is alright if you don't care about power efficiency. It has lower consumption at idle tho.

Thanked by 1saobilin