Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro - Important notification about your service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro - Important notification about your service

FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Hello!

Since more than 700 customers are members who discovered our services through LowEndTalk, we think it is useful to post this message here as well, not just by email where it will be sent anyway, because many customers use temporary email addresses and there is every chance that our message does not reach the final customer in a timely manner.

Hello!
This message comes from HAZI.ro, where you have VPS hosting services.
We would like to inform you that some major changes are coming to our infrastructure, as follows:
1. All servers in Romania will be migrated to our own data center which will be based on photovoltaic energy to allow us to support the prices we assumed before the recent price increases.
2. The quality of the Internet connection will increase compared to the current datacenter network.
3. The 5.183.170.0/24 subnet will no longer be in the custody of HAZI.ro, so you will receive a new dedicated IP address if you currently use an IP address from that subnet, otherwise your IP address will not undergo changes.

Q&A

Question: What will this migration mean from my perspective, a customer who owns a VPS server at HAZI.ro?
Answer: A service interruption for a few hours (minimum 8 hours, maximum 3 days - only if exceptional problems occur) and change of IP address if you are currently assigned an IP of type 5.183.170.X.

Question: When will this migration take place?
Answer: At the moment a second dedicated internet line and photovoltaic panels need to be installed on site along with the air cooling system, but we estimate that these will be delivered to us in the next 7-14 days.

Question: Will I receive compensation for this inconvenience?
Answer: Yes, for each day that your services are affected, you will receive a 10-day extension of services when they are available again. (minimum 10 free days, maximum 30).

Question: In order not to take the IP address change by surprise, can it be changed earlier?
Answer: Yes, we really recommend it. Open a ticket in which you specify your current IP address and we will take care of assigning the new IP address.

Question: Will I be notified before the outage so I have time to notify my customers exactly when this migration will begin?
Answer: Yes, we will send you a new notification approximately 24 hours before the services are interrupted.

Thank you for your trust and cooperation so far!

Thanked by 1Ganonk

Comments

• JabJabJabJab Member

OK

• GanonkGanonk Member

🆗

• LeviLevi Member

KO

• kheng86kheng86 Member

Ok

• dosaidosai Member

Ok

• what happens at night when the photovoltaic does not supply any energy? do the servers then go down and up again at sunrise?

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@hyperblast said:
    what happens at night when the photovoltaic does not supply any energy? do the servers then go down and up again at sunrise?

Emergency light kicks on and shines on them. /s

• fn feedback(total_downtime_hours: u32) -> Result<(), &'static str> {
        if total_downtime_hours < 8 {
            Ok(())
        } else {
             Err("Where is my server?")
        }
    }

• VoidVoid Member

OK

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@hyperblast said:
    what happens at night when the photovoltaic does not supply any energy? do the servers then go down and up again at sunrise?

I laughed!
    As we have mentioned on other occasions, the inverter we have allows us to use 4 energy sources, guaranteeing us that there will be no interruptions as long as at least one of the following is able to provide the necessary energy:
    1. Photovoltaic panels (5950W installed, 5KWh maximum output - the idea is to be able to produce 5KWh even when the sun is not at its best)
    2. The public electric network
    3. The current generator with automatic start
    4. Batteries with a capacity of 4.8KWh

If, for example, there is no current in the public electrical network and the generator is not turned on and the panels do not produce enough energy, then the batteries will automatically come into operation to supply the necessary energy and later when the public network or the generator return, the batteries will be recharged and ready for a new discharge.

• yabs for the 5950W please!

• dosaidosai Member

@hyperblast said:
    yabs for the 5950W please!

Based

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@FlorinMarian said: If, for example, there is no current in the public electrical network and the generator is not turned on and the panels do not produce enough energy, then the batteries will automatically come into operation to supply the necessary energy and later when the public network or the generator return, the batteries will be recharged and ready for a new discharge.

Does this happen without interruption? Have you tested it? As you know - even a 2 second long blip will reboot your servers.

@AlexBarakov said:

@FlorinMarian said: If, for example, there is no current in the public electrical network and the generator is not turned on and the panels do not produce enough energy, then the batteries will automatically come into operation to supply the necessary energy and later when the public network or the generator return, the batteries will be recharged and ready for a new discharge.

Does this happen without interruption? Have you tested it? As you know - even a 2 second long blip will reboot your servers.

Since they were not installed yet, I could not test them, but as far as I know, they are doing their job well at the ISP in Bucharest, which installed exactly the same infrastructure in the points around the city where they keep their equipment.

The respective ISP only has business customers who offer it a minimum of 300 EURO/month without VAT, so I expect its customers to have the claim that there will be no interruptions of the Internet connection for a few minutes and if that condition is satisfied, then be with us too.
    I can't say it's 100% like that until I test it, but that's what an off-grid inverter is meant to do.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider
    Thanked by 1ehab
  • emghemgh Member

Why dosen’t it mention that it’s your basement?

@emgh said:

Because it isn't?

• emghemgh Member

@FlorinMarian said:

@emgh said:

Because it isn't?

🤠

edited May 2023

Its in a closet, not basement.

• emghemgh Member

@MannDude said:

The topic could have been comedy gold and he made it boring..

”Me Florian will take the bus with your VPS and put it under my bed. Also I got photovoltaic panels”

@MannDude said:

You're the kind of person who poops wherever you can, aren't you?

• emghemgh Member

@FlorinMarian said:

@MannDude said:

You’re the type of person who holds it in?

Thanked by 2ralf adly
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2023

@FlorinMarian said:
    I can't say it's 100% like that until I test it, but that's what an off-grid inverter is meant to do.

Keep in mind that you need to isolate from the grid if the grid is down. Running a generator for your whole home or a small scale PV system when the grid is down may backfeed and electrocute people working on the lines.

Thanked by 5emgh Calin RIYAD adly RapToN
  • emghemgh Member

@jackb said:

@FlorinMarian said:

Keep in mind that you need to isolate from the grid if the grid is down. Running a generator or small scale PV system when the grid is down may backfeed and electrocute people working on the lines.

Shit that’s bad

Do refrain from posting offtopic though, Florian is currently focusing on feces aspect

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@emgh said:
    Shit that’s bad

Do refrain from posting offtopic though, Florian is currently focusing on feces aspect

My bad, let's get back on topic. When the worker gets electrocuted he'll probably shit himself.

• emghemgh Member

@jackb said:

@emgh said:
    Shit that’s bad

My bad, let's get back on topic. When the worker gets electrocuted he'll probably shit himself.

At least he won’t be the type of guy to hold it in..

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • @MannDude said:

@hyperblast said:

Emergency light kicks on and shines on them. /s

Scientists don't want you to know about this secret infinite energy glitch!

Thanked by 1emgh

@jackb said:

@FlorinMarian said:

Keep in mind that you need to isolate from the grid if the grid is down. Running a generator for your whole home or a small scale PV system when the grid is down may backfeed and electrocute people working on the lines.

You touched a sensitive point that was touched by a boy smarter than us who was talking about the radiation emitted by the photovoltaic system that I am going to install and how it will kill me and my family.

The inverter I have has 4 inputs and one output, which will obviously only be used to power the rack and nothing more.

edited May 2023

@FlorinMarian said:

@MannDude said:

Basically. I try not to hold it in. If I gotta go I'll use a public restroom if its clean. Also practice LNT rules when pooping in the back country on backpacking trips.

Nothing is better than pooping at home though. No need to muffle it.

You?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited May 2023

Now I’ll go on a short walk

Call a friend

Have a few laughs

Buy a RedBull

And write my fucking law memorandum that’s due tomorrow

See u feces man