Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your experience with BuyShared?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's your experience with BuyShared?

edited May 2023 in General

Hi everyone, I am not someone who would post in a forum but I wanted to hear your thoughts about their service. I have a couple of vps and reseller accounts from couple of providers and I'm particular with being able to get support that doesn't take 48 hours for providers to respond as we all know hosting is not something that you don't want to put attention to.

I contacted them via their contact page couple of days ago asking about LVE account limitations and hardware/network specs but haven't received any feedback yet. Any insights about their support and scalability and if their service is good for production and hosting clients? So far Racknerd has been stellar for me, I recently got myself some MyW LTD and while the network itself is rock solid, support (one of the cordial support I've received) can take a while.

Comments

• IMO stay with Racknerd.

• @dahartigan said:
    IMO stay with Racknerd.

I plan to, Racknerd feels like a blue chip, the reason why I inquired about BuyShared is so I can offer an option to host with DirectAdmin as some of my customers prefer DA over cPanel

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • NanjaNanja Member

@totoybilbobaggins said:

@dahartigan said:
    IMO stay with Racknerd.

I plan to, Racknerd feels like a blue chip, the reason why I inquired about BuyShared is so I can offer an option to host with DirectAdmin as some of my customers prefer DA over cPanel

Buyshared is great, I have used them since 2018, I only stopped using them recently when they removed free dedicated ip.

If you have extra cash, use BuyVM same company as Buyshared. Those VPS are nice, they also have free DirectAadmin, Softaculous, and Blesta. I feel it is sometimes difficult to get since they get sold out rather quickly.

Maybe contact page on website support isn't very fast and sometimes don't respond. I've had this issue, but I get response right when I ask them on their companies discord or through the whmcs ticket system

Specs for BuyVM

Specs for Buyshared

• edrebeedrebe Member

Number of cores: 24

• edited May 2023

@Nanja said:

@totoybilbobaggins said:

@dahartigan said:
    IMO stay with Racknerd.

Buyshared is great, I have used them since 2018, I only stopped using them recently when they removed free dedicated ip.

If you have extra cash, use BuyVM same company as Buyshared. Those VPS are nice, they also have free DirectAadmin, Softaculous, and Blesta. I feel it is sometimes difficult to get since they get sold out rather quickly.

Maybe contact page on website support isn't very fast and sometimes don't respond. I've had this issue, but I get response right when I ask them on their companies discord or through the whmcs ticket system

Specs for BuyVM

Specs for Buyshared

Appreciate all the info! Thank you, do they still rent out dedicated IP though if you know by any chance?

+1 for companies with discord, it's def not for every companies out there but I come from web3 industry so discord is kinda my thing.

• @edrebe said:

Number of cores: 24

Hello, is this a reseller account specs? It's about the same CPU as my other provider and I'm happy with its performance.

• edrebeedrebe Member

Hello 👋
    Yes, it is BuyShared Reseller Directadmin 50G

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@totoybilbobaggins said:

Appreciate all the info! Thank you, do they still rent out dedicated IP though if you know by any chance?

They do offer dedicated IP but for a charge of $5 per month.

And I too use their reseller hosting which is been very good for me, no big issues but for that price its awesome.

• @ManishPant said:

@totoybilbobaggins said:

They do offer dedicated IP but for a charge of $5 per month.

And I too use their reseller hosting which is been very good for me, no big issues but for that price its awesome.

Thanks for the info. May I ask about the lve limits?

• @edrebe said:
    Hello 👋
    Yes, it is BuyShared Reseller Directadmin 50G

Thank you! :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

LVE limits are pretty stock with IO and MEM being different. The limits will change with namecrane.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    LVE limits are pretty stock with IO and MEM being different. The limits will change with namecrane.

Francisco

Hi! Sorry it's the first time I've heard of Namecrane, is that a new brand and what are going to be the services under it?

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited May 2023

Wasn't there something going away with the free DirectAdmin internal licenses so VPS won't get free DA usage? Or because BuyVM already has the license, they can continue to use them, and can continue to use them if servers die so long as they keep up on billing to DA?

https://docs.directadmin.com/getting-started/pro-pack/license-changes.html

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@TimboJones said: Or because BuyVM already has the license, they can continue to use them

Not sure, but @Francisco has said that he will be continuing to supply DA licenses. Perhaps a private deal between the companies.

@Arkas said: Not sure, but @Francisco has said that he will be continuing to supply DA licenses. Perhaps a private deal between the companies.

We have a lot of licenses so we can reuse as need be. People that have them will continue to enjoy them :)

@totoybilbobaggins said: Hi! Sorry it's the first time I've heard of Namecrane, is that a new brand and what are going to be the services under it?

We're working on a domain registrar. Buyshared customers will move to it since Shared makes more sense with a domain registrar than a VPS one.

Francisco

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • emghemgh Member

@Francisco

I whois’d namecrane.com to see if you got icann accredited and was your own registry yet

What I saw was .. I don’t know how to describe it ..

”GoDaddy.com, LLC”

Care to explain??

@emgh said: Care to explain??

namecrane.com was a 'premium domain' in someones eye and they were selling it via godaddy. net/org were open season at least.

Francisco

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Francisco said:

namecrane.com was a 'premium domain' in someones eye and they were selling it via godaddy. net/org were open season at least.

Francisco

For a moment there I though GoDaddy was your go-to registrar.

• @Francisco said:

@Arkas said: Not sure, but @Francisco has said that he will be continuing to supply DA licenses. Perhaps a private deal between the companies.

We have a lot of licenses so we can reuse as need be. People that have them will continue to enjoy them :)

@totoybilbobaggins said: Hi! Sorry it's the first time I've heard of Namecrane, is that a new brand and what are going to be the services under it?

We're working on a domain registrar. Buyshared customers will move to it since Shared makes more sense with a domain registrar than a VPS one.

Francisco

Do you have any timeframe on that?

@totoybilbobaggins said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Do you have any timeframe on that?

Waiting on ICANN at this point. They’ve confirmed they have our application and are looking it over and will let us know when they need something.

Francisco

Thanked by 24pple5auc3 kkrajk
  • @emgh said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

For a moment there I though GoDaddy was your go-to registrar.

Plot twist: NameCrane uses discount godaddy codes to resell domains.

Thanked by 2Francisco emgh
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@totoybilbobaggins said:

@dahartigan said:
    IMO stay with Racknerd.

We appreciate your business @totoybilbobaggins -- and having multiple options for your end users, and even theirs, is always a good thing! We hope that you continue to thrive, and scale :)

• @dustinc said:

@totoybilbobaggins said:

@dahartigan said:
    IMO stay with Racknerd.

We appreciate your business @totoybilbobaggins -- and having multiple options for your end users, and even theirs, is always a good thing! We hope that you continue to thrive, and scale :)

Thank you, looking forward to more products and what you'll have in store for us this year. :)

• klikliklikli Member
    edited May 2023

@Francisco can you remind me if node.js/python etc are enabled in BuyShared? or only PHP?

Of course I can run it on my own VPS but I worry about getting hacked etc :)

And in general, do you suggest people to get a shared or a reseller account? I'm only using it for myself/my family.

@klikli said: @Francisco can you remind me if node.js/python etc are enabled in BuyShared? or only PHP?

Only PHP at the moment. We hope to see this change with a new product line.

@klikli said: And in general, do you suggest people to get a shared or a reseller account? I'm only using it for myself/my family.

You really should try to give each site its own account. It'll help stop cross contamination if anything gets compromised.

Francisco