Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the relationship between iHostArt and NatVPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's the relationship between iHostArt and NatVPS?

The control panel of iHostArt is https://ihostart.micronode.uk/
Micronode is a trading name of NatVPS LTD which is Registered in England.
Which side has the ownership of these physical Romania servers?

Comments

• they offer Romania location, they likely separate panel url's for every "upstream".

Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • sh97sh97 Member

Pretty sure @Calin owns all the stuff in Romania. Just like SolusVM, the micronode panel is sold/licensed to Calin by natvpsuk.

Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • dosaidosai Member

Must be sexual.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2023

He probably didn't want to reinvent the wheel. Setting up and managing these things is not that easy and there was a (probably cheap) solution out there, so, why not.
    I hope that panel supports IPv6. Never used it before.

Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • VoidVoid Member

@Maounique said:
    He probably didn't want to reinvent the wheel. Setting up and managing these things is not that easy and there was a (probably cheap) solution out there, so, why not.
    I hope that panel supports IPv6. Never used it before.

It does. Same panel is used for NatVPS’s micronode product line which has IPv6 in several locations. They also use Calin’s server for Romania location.

Thanked by 1lowendclient

@jmaxwell said: They also use Calin’s server for Romania location.

Ha, so a barter. Not a bad idea.

Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2023

Hello everyone , the story is very simple and I think it has a good thing in the middle, until some time ago I was using the Virtualizor panel for VPS NAT which as you know had a lot of problems when it comes to NAT virtualization, so NATVPS LTD provides us with the new license for their panel, management has become much simpler and we are working at the same time to automate the panel to us on the website to deliver VPS NAT automatically, I would like to thank lu NATVPS for helping me with everything that keeps you on this side, at the same time NATVPS UK has from me rented dedicated servers to sell VPS NAT (is a public thing and in my opinion everyone wins)

PS: We own our servers and I am not interested in renting from someone else's servers (Video)

Regards,
    Calin

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Looks like MicroNode is becoming SaaS, not a problem.
    It's just like .force.com or .onmicrosoft.com doesn't imply the website is owned by Salesforce or Microsoft.

Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • VoidVoid Member

@Maounique said:

@jmaxwell said: They also use Calin’s server for Romania location.

Ha, so a barter.

Probably not.

@Calin said:
    Hello everyone , the story is very simple and I think it has a good thing in the middle, until some time ago I was using the Virtualizor panel for VPS NAT which as you know had a lot of problems when it comes to NAT virtualization, so NATVPS LTD provides us with the new license for their panel, management has become much simpler and we are working at the same time to automate the panel to us on the website to deliver VPS NAT automatically, I would like to thank lu NATVPS for helping me with everything that keeps you on this side, at the same time NATVPS UK has from me rented dedicated servers to sell VPS NAT (is a public thing and in my opinion everyone wins)

PS: We own our servers and I am not interested in renting from someone else's servers (Video)

Regards,
    Calin

Good news. Does it mean IPv6 will be possible for those NAT boxes soon?

Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello , yes @jmaxwell

Thanked by 2Void lowendclient
  • @yoursunny said:
    Looks like MicroNode is becoming SaaS, not a problem.
    It's just like .force.com or .onmicrosoft.com doesn't imply the website is owned by Salesforce or Microsoft.

There's probably some fine print somewhere where they now do.

edited May 2023

@Calin said: (Video)

Well, that is art. Faci din cacat bici si mai si trozneste.
    Putting together some junk-level hardware in a post-apocalyptic style and keeping it working is probably more fun than profitable, so yeah, hosting de amorul artei (hosting for the love of the art of hosting-loose trnslation).

When I bought a plan there I knew what to expect and that is fun :P
    Besides, you can't really go lower end than this, only step below is UMBH (under my bed hosting) and been there, done that.