Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Variant of Linux Backdoor BPFDoor Uncovered After Years of Staying Under the Radar
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Variant of Linux Backdoor BPFDoor Uncovered After Years of Staying Under the Radar

Tony40Tony40 Member

A previously undocumented and mostly undetected variant of a Linux backdoor called BPFDoor has been spotted in the wild, cybersecurity firm Deep Instinct said in a technical report published this week.

"BPFDoor retains its reputation as an extremely stealthy and difficult-to-detect malware with this latest iteration," security researchers Shaul Vilkomir-Preisman and Eliran Nissan said.

BPFDoor (aka JustForFun), first documented by PwC and Elastic Security Labs in May 2022, is a passive Linux backdoor associated with a Chinese threat actor called Red Menshen (aka DecisiveArchitect or Red Dev 18), which is known to single out telecom providers across the Middle East and Asia since at least 2021.

The malware is specifically geared towards establishing persistent remote access to compromised .... https://thehackernews.com/2023/05/new-variant-of-linux-backdoor-bpfdoor.html

Comments

• AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider

How do I unsubscribe from this RSS Feed?

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@AllHost_Ben don't have unsubscribe option , i thing it's spam , my recommendation it's for report IP address on web hoster ;) :)

• @AllHost_Ben said:
    How do I unsubscribe from this RSS Feed?

Was this your backdoor?

Honestly, since he makes useful subject lines, these stories are far easier to skip over than other fucking threads where the subject isn't actually a subject.