Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats up with Cleura? Never heard of them.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whats up with Cleura? Never heard of them.

SaragoldfarbSaragoldfarb Member
edited May 2023 in Providers

Anyone ever heard of the hosting company Cleura.com ?

They all off a sudden started sending me invoices. I ignored them at first as what they're trying to charge me for doesn't make sense (some cloud instances) but they're kinda persistent. They do list my PI in the invoice. Not sure what to think of it.

Edit: I have no record of having services with them nor do I have an account with them. Weird.

Comments

• Ah, thanks for that. Couldn't find that and search over here was of no use. Looked a bit fishy to me :)

I did have an account with those guys in 2018. Same issue, guys kept charging me. Payed them once to be done with it, requested cancellation and removal of the account. Never heard from them again.

Weird they all of a sudden revived a 5 year dead account and activated services again with nothing in between.

• Just got an autoreply. That does mention city network so I guess you're right, same guys decided to come back after 5 years bugging me again. Insane stuff really.

• LeviLevi Member

Sounds like pleura, organ in your lungs.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • @LTniger said:

Lol, Yeah, I checked on the emails I sent them back in 2018, pain to deal with the past company as well. No invoices after I payed them off last time so... 5 years later... look who's back :(

Let's see how they handle it this time. It's just €6 and a €7 late fee by now. Not gonna pay them a penny more after their 2018 extortion.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited May 2023

@Saragoldfarb said:

@LTniger said:

Lol, Yeah, I checked on the emails I sent them back in 2018, pain to deal with the past company as well. No invoices after I payed them off last time so... 5 years later... look who's back :(

Let's see how they handle it this time. It's just €6 and a €7 late fee by now. Not gonna pay them a penny more after their 2018 extortion.

Send them an invoice for made up or real services. Invoice them for "fraudulent invoice processing" for $7.

If and when they respond, ask them for the company owner name for the police report since they have documented their fraud and harassment for services not provided. Point out people go to jail for this all the time and ignorance and incompetence is not an excuse.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • @TimboJones said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

@LTniger said:

Send them an invoice for made up or real services. Invoice them for "fraudulent invoice processing" for $7.

If and when they respond, ask them for the company owner name for the police report since they have documented their fraud and harassment for services not provided. Point out people go to jail for this all the time and ignorance and incompetence is not an excuse.

Bit extreme... I like! Hell, why not! it's weekend!