Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Find most stable providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Find most stable providers

liaoxxliaoxx Member
edited May 2023 in General

Of the VPS hosting providers you've used, if you had to choose the two most stable ones, which ones would you choose? How long does it run without problems?

Comments

• NanjaNanja Member

What type of hosting? Like shared hosting? I have had a buyshared.net shared hosting account since 2018.. Very good! A+..
    VPS hosting, I also recommend them buyvm.net very premium stuff.

Those are the two I would pick.

Everything else, idk.. It seems like more than 75% of the ones I invest in have become deadpool.

Thanked by 1liaoxx
  • liaoxxliaoxx Member

vps hosting> @Nanja said:

What type of hosting? Like shared hosting? I have had a buyshared.net shared hosting account since 2018.. Very good! A+..
    VPS hosting, I also recommend them buyvm.net very premium stuff.

Those are the two I would pick.

Everything else, idk.. It seems like more than 75% of the ones I invest in have become deadpool.

VPS hosting, I will update, thanks.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

never had a single issue with my @LiteServer storage VPS.
    i’m not sure about the others, i usually never end up keeping them too long besides some stuff from virmach (but it is historically not that stable due to IP changes)

Thanked by 2liaoxx LiteServer
  • @alwyzon @DataIdeas-Josh @Francisco I have never faced issue with their VPS

• suutsuut Member
    edited May 2023

Most of the hosting providers I have used are very stable.
    AlphaVPS, alibabacloud, BuyVM, DediPath, EasyVM, GreenCloud, RackNerd, Spartan Host, SmartHost, Terrahost, V.PS, Limewave, Just.Hosting

Thanked by 2liaoxx Ernie
  • liaoxxliaoxx Member

@Francisco You got three votes for now , server should be
    very good.

• bgerardbgerard Member
    edited May 2023

Azure (years of uptime), buyvm, even my cheap greencloud machine has been up for over 6 months straight.

If it's serious money making production though, I probably wouldn't trust any low end host. Go with the big players that provider load balancers, snapshots, terraform support etc

• Vultr is the best.

• AstroAstro Member

@Hybula has been rock solid.

Thanked by 1Hybula
  • edrebeedrebe Member

Vultr, PHP-Friends, RackNerd (Atlanta, USA) stable for my production sites

• Vultr and Linode for sure. Never had any problems (downtime) with them for almost 8 months.

• @febryanvaldo said:
    Vultr and Linode for sure. Never had any problems (downtime) with them for almost 8 months.

What about Linode being Akamai now? It looks like from the job postings that they arent even hiring Linode employees at their philly HQ now and moved all the work remote and out of Akamai Cambridge? Seems sus.

• I've been using Hetzner Cloud recently (Ashburn, VA) and found the offering to be high performance and their bandwidth allotment is awesome at 20tb/month, 100% uptime since instance creation.

+1 BuyVM (NJ), and its solid too with unlimited bandwidth. No downtime, performance is awesome. It sometimes seems like their network is under heavy load compared to other providers I've tested with same tunnels, MTU, and iperf3 endpoints, but this could be user error.

+1 for Vultr as well. Bandwidth allotment is low though.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Hetzner hands down.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited May 2023

Vultr, Terrahost, Hosteam.pl(it depends on your luck really, they used to have a lot of issues back in the day, but from my experience they were rock solid).

• +1 for @LiteServer. Solid performance and uptime.
    Hetzner is another good provider. One of my Hetzner servers has an uptime of more than 500 days. Very stable and awesome cost to performance ratio.

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • TimRooTimRoo Member

I know they get a lot of attention on here both positive and negative, but my RackNerd VPS has been going without issue since November 2020.

• emghemgh Member

@unsafetypin said: What about Linode being Akamai now? It looks like from the job postings that they arent even hiring Linode employees at their philly HQ now and moved all the work remote and out of Akamai Cambridge? Seems sus.

I think you're overthinking that, a lot

Besides, hiring good people in tech often requires you to at least offer some semi-remote options

And I doubt Akamai would let this purchase turn to shit because of a man HR policy

And I also doubt you'd even have a clue about the effects on their HR policy by basically reading a few job offers

I think Linode is a stable provider, especially since they're owned by Akamai

• therawtheraw Member
    edited May 2023

considering that i get ddos attacks ovh has been my most stable hosting i actually never seen my server offline at ovh. even tho i don't like their prices and their server performances for the vps/public cloud.

that for web hosting and other stuff not including game hosting lately got some attacks on game hosting that were able to cause problems.

• KebabKebab Member

we been using hetzner for over a year now, 100% uptime so far

• @emgh said:

@unsafetypin said: What about Linode being Akamai now? It looks like from the job postings that they arent even hiring Linode employees at their philly HQ now and moved all the work remote and out of Akamai Cambridge? Seems sus.

Besides, hiring good people in tech often requires you to at least offer some semi-remote options

And I doubt Akamai would let this purchase turn to shit because of a man HR policy

And I also doubt you'd even have a clue about the effects on their HR policy by basically reading a few job offers

sue me

• emghemgh Member

@unsafetypin said:

@emgh said:

sue me

I saw Google hired a part-time janitor

They can’t afford full-time????

How can they afford a good network if they can’t afford a janitor????

I’ll move all my stuff out inmediately!!!!

• VoidVoid Member

@dustinc - Racknerd,
    @mxmla - Server-factory

• sh97sh97 Member

Racknerd, Greencloud - no downtime so far
    Natvpsuk for NATs.

• conceptconcept Member
    edited May 2023

From my personal experience, Hetzner Cloud, been running perfectly since Sept 2021. Hetzner is my longest running server.
    Right behind Hetzner is my VPS from Platinumhost. Running perfectly since Aug 2022.

• Hetzner, Netcup

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@InceptionHosting has been pretty good. I think 2 short alerts of @hetrixtools but nothing needed investigating over a year.

OVH VPS - 1hour at about 1am over a year or so in the UK.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Literally any provider here on LET, as long you are doing your due dilligence

• NanjaNanja Member

@Neoon said:

This is true, ever since that fee was added I have seen less summer host or the
    take of money and run type people.
    Well, a month or so til it's officially summer, so we will see!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Nanja said:

@Neoon said:

This is true, ever since that fee was added I have seen less summer host or the
    take of money and run type people.
    Well, a month or so til it's officially summer, so we will see!

Nothing to do with that fee, that actually keeps a lot of providers outside.
    Common sense.