Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Belly Up: Bittrex Inc. Bitcoin And Crypto Exchange Files For Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Belly Up: Bittrex Inc. Bitcoin And Crypto Exchange Files For Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Tony40Tony40 Member

Bittrex’s U.S.-based entity has filed for bankruptcy in the state of Delaware after seven years of operation.

Bittrex, a bitcoin and cryptocurrency exchange platform founded in 2014, has filed for bankruptcy in the state of Delaware. The decision comes after the company previously announced that it would be ceasing all operations in the U.S. effective April 30th as a result of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission charges against the firm and its former CEO for operating an unregistered exchange, broker, and clearing agency. However, this announcement does not impact Bittrex Global, according to a statement released by the company, which will continue its operations as usual for customers outside of the U.S.

For customers who did not withdraw their funds from the platform prior to the end of April, the company has stated that ..... https://bitcoinmagazine.com/business/bittrex-inc-exchange-files-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy

Comments

• JabJabJabJab Member

@emgh we need ya

Thanked by 2emgh Mumbly
  • emghemgh Member
    edited May 2023

@JabJab said:
    @emgh we need ya

I’m getting that Python bot up in the coming days

Unless my treats alone are enough, @Arkas ?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@emgh said: Unless my treats alone are enough, @Arkas ?

I'm not sure, but I'm out of the crypto business for good. I've been out for 1.5 years.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • MumblyMumbly Member

@emgh said: I’m getting that Python bot up in the coming days

We need that! Some independed news from various corners of the world. LET SEO spammer journalist @Tony40 approves!

Thanked by 1emgh
  • davidedavide Member
    edited May 2023

Good, a well-regulated crypto exchange is an exchange that files for bankruptcy and ceases to exist.

(it's for the children...)

Next!

• emgemg Veteran

My comment in response to annoying threads that start with no contributory content other than a link to an outside website:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3658953#Comment_3658953

Thanked by 1emgh
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2023

@davide said:
    Good, a well-regulated crypto exchange is an exchange that files for bankruptcy and ceases to exist.

(it's for the children...)

Next!

Haha, in US, based from experience - FTX exchange nothing is well regulated (what can be happened to 100% US regulated crypto exchange?), example: any illegal activity will be regulated just main criteria is political donation.

So not surprised about the OP news

• emghemgh Member
    edited May 2023

@Mumbly said: We need that! Some independed news from various corners of the world. LET SEO spammer journalist @Tony40 approves!

not just various corners my friend

if when i do this, my plan is to use some huggingface models to find the worst topic on the whole of google news that contain "tech" (to not be thrown in offtopic)

@Arkas how often is ok to not get warned? this is my main concern

i take a lot of pride in my 0 warnings, it's especially impressive considering my, hmm, personality

some filters that i will use:

• j-hartmann/emotion-english-distilroberta-base: neutral over 0.90 (boring)
    • nlptown/bert-base-multilingual-uncased-sentiment: 3 stars over 0.35 (boring)
    • michellejieli/NSFW_text_classifier: both over 0.40 (can't be too sexy nor too not sexy)
    • cardiffnlp/twitter-roberta-base-emotion: joy under 0.05 (that's obvious)
    • michellejieli/emotion_text_classifier: everything but neutral less than 0.004 (important)
      cardiffnlp/twitter-roberta-base-offensive: non-offensive over 0.90 (can't take a warning)
      martin-ha/toxic-comment-model: non-toxic over 0.99 (can't take a warning)

example of a topic that should have decent chances of passing:

• Hearing-impaired seniors may get improved connectivity sooner after tech acquisition

example of a topic that'll never pass:

• AI pioneer quits Google to warn about the technology’s ‘dangers’ (fails at first test ..)
  • davidedavide Member
    edited May 2023

@WebProject said:
    Haha, in US, based from experience - FTX exchange nothing is well regulated (what can be happened to 100% US regulated crypto exchange?), example: any illegal activity will be regulated just main criteria is political donation.

So not surprised about the OP news

Next thing we should begin to regulate, for the love of our children, are cheap VPS providers, especially the Italian ones sub 50€/year. Imagine the wonderful regulatory ballast upon these dishonest greedy capitalists: wheelbarrows of paperwork hauled from office to office, 20 lawyers per engineer ratio, SIAE and revenue stamps shipped daily by registered paper mail to some prefect in Rome praying to obtain a permit to unplug a customer's computer for maintenance, 20,000€ fines for losing customer data... Filing for bankruptcy would be a dream, an aspiration in fact!

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@emgh said: @Arkas how often is ok to not get warned? this is my main concern

It really depends, I can't give a specific number. Also, most times members are warned others don't know about it.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Arkas said:

It really depends, I can't give a specific number. Also, most times members are warned others don't know about it.

heard about the principle of legality?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@emgh said: heard about the principle of legality?

On a private forum? No :smile:

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @Arkas said:

I think everyone knew every time I got warned because you posted about it.
    So far 2 severe warnings and going strong.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@treesmokah said: I think everyone knew every time I got warned because you posted about it.

Yes, I do that, that's why I said 'most'.

• emghemgh Member

@Arkas said:

@emgh said: heard about the principle of legality?

On a private forum? No :smile:

at least not in the united states (probably, idk)

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited May 2023

Bittrex’s U.S.-based entity has filed for bankruptcy in the state of Delaware after seven years of operation.
    Bittrex, a bitcoin and cryptocurrency exchange platform founded in 2014

Double checking. This is 2023. They were founded in 2014. Is math that hard?

Thanked by 1WebProject