Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For Mac users: which email client do you use?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

For Mac users: which email client do you use?

I use Airmail now but it hangs often and reinstalling didn't help. Must have the snooze feature and preferably free. Thanks

Comments

• comXyzcomXyz Member

webmail on all devices.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • AstroAstro Member

Spark

Thanked by 1alt_
  • @vitobotta said:
    I use Airmail now but it hangs often and reinstalling didn't help. Must have the snooze feature and preferably free. Thanks

canary mail .

• eriseris Member

@vitobotta said:

Gmail.... (Web UI)

• AstroAstro Member
    edited May 2023

I mean if you looking for just the desktop - postbox is also an option. Mailmate. Mimestream. Take your pick.

• TimRooTimRoo Member

Apple's built-in Mail app has "Remind Me" functionality. Not snooze per se, but it's free and already on your system. And there's always Thunderbird.

• alt_alt_ Member
    edited May 2023

Spark +1

• Outlook application

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Canary Mail

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Outlook or Thunderbird

• parallels Ubuntu and thunderbird...

• No client, only web version.

• emghemgh Member

Personally I don't open my inbox. It makes me feel bad and I've learned that I feel better feeling good.

Thanked by 2Erisa hvedar13
  • ErisaErisa Member

@emgh said:
    Personally I don't open my inbox. It makes me feel bad and I've learned that I feel better feeling good.

If you ignore all your problems, do you even have any problems? I think not.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Erisa said:

@emgh said:

If you ignore all your problems, do you even have any problems? I think not.

Combine that with filtering out any negative thoughts before processing said sentence.

He says: I'd like to experience being you for a day just to see how it is being so stupid
    I hear: He wants to be me :)

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited May 2023

Today I use the default Apple Mail client that comes with macOS.

I switched to Apple Mail in 2012. That was the year it became impossible for me to continue running the long-unsupported Eudora. I still have a copy of Eudora and my old email dating back to the 1980s. It runs in a MacOS 10.6 Snow Leopard Server virtual machine. I run it on rare occasions when I need to search for a very old email message.

Eudora was the penultimate email client, in my opinion. It just worked. I feel sad that it is gone. In case anyone cares, the Eudora source code was donated to the Computer History Museum and is available for anyone to download.

• Outlook for Mac (Microsoft 365)

• mgilangmgilang Member

Edison Mail

• oyhacooyhaco Member

im using safari browser

• fartfart Member

Apple Mail, works well enough.

• any good suggestion for opening microsoft exchange mail other than outlook? now i'm using web browser but really missed that recall mail feature.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

I’ve used spark, canary as well as outlook in the past.

Then moved to mac mail. I do miss some features, but it just works and is considerably faster than the other ones.

• mimestream is the best in my opinion

• Canary for my Mac and Mobile

• I am trying Canary now and I love it! Looks like a really good app. Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

• emgemg Veteran

@ElonBezos said:
    any good suggestion for opening microsoft exchange mail other than outlook? now i'm using web browser but really missed that recall mail feature.

I have used Apple Mail to connect to business-owned Exchange servers and also through a company's Office365 subscription. I cannot recommend it as good, but it worked.

Honestly, it wasn't pretty and it had issues, but it worked well enough for me to use it for work and customers. Not recommended, but it was easier than finding and installing something else.

Thanked by 1ElonBezos
  • wii747wii747 Member
    Thanked by 1ElonBezos
  • ardaarda Member

I used to Airmail, then Spark, but since Spark changed to Electron, I reverted to Apple Mail. It just works, and quite fast. Happy so far.

• ChalipaChalipa Member

Been using Mailspring for a while now, and it has been working just fine.

• mhnmhn Member

the default app is hard to beat. and it seems the most secure option tbh, you can never know when third party apps will start stealing info. apple atleast has a history of being good at it (without taking the recent exploits into consideration)

Thanked by 1arda