Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative plesk?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative plesk?

Bello

i have 8 domains with site. What is a good alternative? No cpanel no direct admin. But payed license.

Comments

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

why not use webuzo

• daffydaffy Member

Virtualmin?

• emghemgh Member

Depends on what you need.

It's not paid; but if it's only websites and not email etc https://www.cloudpanel.io/ is very good.

Thanked by 2niknar1900 greentea
  • Fastpanel is quite similar to Plesk and good for hosting sites, it’s a free licence though.

• keyhelp Pro or ApisCp

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

Why paid when there are many good free alternatives? Many good examples already.

• alt_alt_ Member
    edited May 2023

Cyberpanel or Caddy (without panel, it is just too easy to configure).

• Tony40Tony40 Member

KeyHelp Pro.

• hostarishostaris Member, Patron Provider

Directadmin?

• kkiskkkkiskk Member
    edited May 2023

But why not Plesk? I am using Plesk for web hosting for awhile and feel not bad. And OVH has a pretty low price for the license.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • @meditatingsurgeon said:
    Fastpanel is quite similar to Plesk and good for hosting sites, it’s a free licence though.

i lunch a demo but missing automatic backup for external storage.

@labze said:
    Why paid when there are many good free alternatives? Many good examples already.

are you sure? Are safe and stable like plesk? My difficult it's always found a panel who setup easily automatically backup in external storage and restore easily.

What do you suggest me?

@Tony40 said:
    KeyHelp Pro.

it's what using hetzner in the hosting?

@agentmishra said:
    why not use webuzo

because I didn't know! But seem interest...I have 7 website, what is the best license for me?

• Tony40Tony40 Member
    edited May 2023

I am running many websites on the free KeyHelp., is easy to use and have lot of features and it's very secure.

https://www.keyhelp.de/en/

• There is an open-source panel called HestiaCP.

• @chiccorosso said:
    Bello

i have 8 domains with site. What is a good alternative? No cpanel no direct admin. But payed license.

OS?

• Keep the Plesk, and do not change to Directadmin for example. Plesk is much more easier, and click click click done. I use directadmin 10+ year with 500+ domain, and ah.. lots of searching to get the things done. I use Plesk as well, well.. this is how to live like a king as a sysadmin.

Or use interWorx for low domains, it is working well. I like it.

Thanked by 1chiccorosso
  • @silicomnet said:

@chiccorosso said:
    Bello

OS?

Debian

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

Have a look at Virtualmin Professional: https://www.virtualmin.com/professional/

• LeviLevi Member

Chicco chicco rosso... Use HestiaCP, save money, embrace low end.

• hestia seem the same of vesta!

• alexroeualexroeu Member
    edited May 2023

Keyhelp pro is not what hetzner use for hosting, it's made by another german hosting company, they are using it for their hosting services. It's one of the alternative control panels very close to cpanel / plesk in terms of design, features and usability (I would say it's more similar to plesk). It has full integration with wisecp for client management but not with softaculous. In my oppinion the backup function is more developed than that of Directadmin, it does incremental backups with s3, sftp, I am using it with hetzner storage and it works like a charm. The paid version has some small addition like script installer (similar to softaculous) with 14 scripts, dark mode and ssh for users. You can check their demo at https://demo.keyhelp.eu/index.php

But no CentOS, it works only with Debian / Ubuntu LTS

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

The best alternative panel is using SSH command line, very optimised and not heavy on RAM.

• alexroeualexroeu Member
    edited May 2023

ofcourse, however sometimes you may want less keystrokes and a better visual representation of what's going on. Also there are some clients who may want webhosting services but don't have the time or the passion needed to learn linux :)

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Is keyhelp better than directadmin?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@mustafamw3 said: Is keyhelp better than directadmin?

IMO, no.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • Tony40Tony40 Member
    edited May 2023

@mustafamw3 said:
    Is keyhelp better than directadmin?

Yes, and has more security features, it's more easy to use!

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • Keyhelp and Directadmin are both powerful control panels, but each one of them has unique features and there are some features in Directadmin that are missing in Keyhelp but others that are better implemented in Keyhelp, backup for example is better in Keyhelp.