Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudJiffy (PaaS)- Free 14 Days Trial and get $10 bonus on setting up a demo call!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudJiffy (PaaS)- Free 14 Days Trial and get $10 bonus on setting up a demo call!

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Hi LET members,

Hope all is well!

I am Ishan from Leapswitch Networks ( providing Cloud and Hosting since 2006! )

Presenting CloudJiffy - Simple, robust, reliable hosting solution based on containers that can automate your DevOps and reduce your time and efforts and at the same time reduce your hosting cost up to 75%.

How do we do this?
* Simple UI: No configurations required. Simply pick your stack and one of our 3 locations (India, Germany and the US) and the platform will set everything up for you.

• Easy to set up CICD pipeline with zero downtime deployment options

• Automatic vertical and horizontal scaling in real-time with no downtime.

• Pay as you consume pricing options.

What other inbuilt features are available?

CloudJiffy’s primary goal is to reduce your efforts and make hosting easy. Hence we have integrated a variety of features with just a few clicks:

• Free Let’s Encrypt SSL
  • FTP
  • File editor
  • Logs
  • Inbuilt monitoring system with alerts
  • Inbuilt Statistics of usage
  • One Click SSH in the browser
  • One click cloning
  • Configurable software firewall with each instance

How do you reduce cost?

From our experience, an average user uses only 25%-30% of the VPS instance that they purchase but pay for the complete plan. Which means they are also paying for the 70%-75% of unused resources.

We charge based on actual consumption on an hourly basis. You only pay for the resources you consume. So you only pay for the actual 25%- 30% you consume. If you stop your instances, we don’t charge you for compute resources - perfect for LET idlers!

Want a trial? Click here for 14 days free trial.

Watch a 2 minute video

Need a demo of the platform or Need more information? Schedule a call with us and get a $10 bonus to try us out.

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax

Comments

• hostkarhostkar Member

how about support ?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I don't think if you charge 0.06$ for Disk and GB of Traffic, that someone here on LET is going to save money over an idle box, which is already so cheap, you can't beat it.

Not to speak of the CDN, which is 0.10 per GB, bunny.net is 0.01.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@hostkar said:
    how about support ?

Support is Semi-Managed. We support all parts of our Dashboard, all Templates and Stacks that are provided by us. We do not support with optimization and troubleshooting of your applications on CloudJiffy.

You can reach support via tickets or live chat (L1 support only) or our Slack Community.

@Neoon said:
    I don't think if you charge 0.06$ for Disk and GB of Traffic, that someone here on LET is going to save money over an idle box, which is already so cheap, you can't beat it.

Not to speak of the CDN, which is 0.10 per GB, bunny.net is 0.01.

We include 20GB of disk and ~730 GB of data transfer PER Environment. You can create multiple environments in your account.

We charge ONLY for Consumed Resources. You can create a 100GB container and disk won't be charged if you are using 20GB or less. If you are using 21GB, you will be charged only $0.04-0.06 depending on region. We include Backups.

The Consumed Resources billing also works for CPU and RAM. If you stop your environment, nothing is charged. If you idle it, only the IDLE resources are charged.

Lastly, we are not offering plain VMs with an OS and fixed resources. These are fully optimized and secured stacks which connect to your Git/SVN repository and auto-deploy. They auto-scale up/down and horizontally.

The product is very different to compare just on price :smile:

Lastly, the CDN is provided by Verizon Edgecast which is a premium service. You are free to use any CDN service such as bunny or even Cloudflare.

Have a call with us, let us show you the capabilities and use the free credits to try it out. The amount of time saved in setup, optimization, scaling and not worrying whether the host is going to run away with your money is worth it :wink:

• Is this jelastic platform which is whitelabelled?

@sreekanth850 said:
    Is this jelastic platform which is whitelabelled?

Yes the base product is Jelastic . We control the entire experience from servers, network, support etc - same as say offering VMs using Virtualizor.

• @leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

Yes the base product is Jelastic . We control the entire experience from servers, network, support etc - same as say offering VMs using Virtualizor.

Do they enforce some sort of minimum pricing, because it seems price will go exponential compared LET providers.

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

Do they enforce some sort of minimum pricing, because it seems price will go exponential compared LET providers.

No, the pricing is controlled by us. Please read my post before your first to see how it is different from LET providers 😀

• @leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

No, the pricing is controlled by us. Please read my post before your first to see how it is different from LET providers 😀

I understood about this, so this is not ideal for 100% usage for production instances where one cannot switch off the instance.

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

I understood about this, so this is not ideal for 100% usage for production instances where one cannot switch off the instance.

We run 1000s of environments and 10k+ containers. Our customers use on an average 25-30% of the allocated resources. With Jelastic/CloudJiffy, you only pay for the average consumption, not the allocated resources.

• ObelousObelous Member
    edited May 2023

Can you explain a few things?

Can we get an actual 'normal' VPSes or is it just the premade balancing/(custom) application/cache/sql servers, etc.

How does the pricing and the scaling work? vertical, horizontal, cloudlets, reserved, etc.

Is the minimum price the cost of the "reserved 128mib, 400mhz cloudlet"? or is it based on actual consumption? Like can I be using <64mb ram and only be billed for that little amount?

In the trial panel I only see DE FRA1, US WEST1 as regions, not India, does that show up on the 'full' version?

If I don't select an IP is it NAT, or just IPv6?

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited May 2023

@Obelous said:

Can we get an actual 'normal' VPSes or is it just the premade balancing/(custom) application/cache/sql servers, etc.

they have another line of product for 'normal' vps.

How does the pricing and the scaling work? vertical, horizontal, cloudlets, reserved, etc.

basically you create a cloudlet with specific ram and cpu. And you can set if a threshold is crossed for x minutes, you can either spin another cloudlet, or delete a cloudlet.

Is the minimum price the cost of the "reserved 128mib, 400mhz cloudlet"? or is it based on actual consumption? Like can I be using <64mb ram and only be billed for that little amount?

"reserved" means you will pay the full amount whether you use it or not. They will give discount for reserved resources. Something like what google does.

In the trial panel I only see DE FRA1, US WEST1 as regions, not India, does that show up on the 'full' version?

Yes, it will show the full version

Neither. You will be given a local ip, and I believe a cname (CMIIW) to point your domain to.

They are basically unmanaged serverless. I have used them before. Just because you can scale up, and down, horizontal doesn't mean you have unlimited resources at your disposal. Your environment will be shutdown if you use high cpu on a period amount of time. Also as stated above you are in charge of optimizing your owns stack. Just because they provide you nginx load balancer, doesn't mean it doesn't need optimization. You still in charge of setting the cache, the route, the header, etc.

If I want to position them, they are between normal vps and fully serverless / edge

Normal VPS (Hetzner/OVH)
    |
    |
    |
    Cloudjiffy (They are here)
    |
    |
    |
    Fully serverless managed container (Vercel, Google Cloud Function / Cloud Build, Cloudflare Pages / Workers.)

Thanked by 2leapswitch Obelous
  • @sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

100% uptime is not the same as 100% usage. Most of the time you don't actually use 100% of the resources.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • @yokowasis said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

100% uptime is not the same as 100% usage. Most of the time you don't actually use 100% of the resources.

Okay Gotit. I'm yet to figure out how to manage host headers in such platform (Like heroku and this). As they have their own headers for identifying each tenant instances application that depends on host headers to identify multitenancy will have to do some workarounds it seems.

@sreekanth850 said:

@yokowasis said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

Okay Gotit. I'm yet to figure out how to manage host headers in such platform (Like heroku and this). As they have their own headers for identifying each tenant instances application that depends on host headers to identify multitenancy will have to do some workarounds it seems.

You get full access to the configuration files even if you use our stacks. Example, if you use nginx, you can edit nginx.conf or add modules/plugins to configure it to your requirements. The access to configuration is the same as you would get within a VM.

• @leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@yokowasis said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

You get full access to the configuration files even if you use our stacks. Example, if you use nginx, you can edit nginx.conf or add modules/plugins to configure it to your requirements. The access to configuration is the same as you would get within a VM.

I'm not talking about nginx or site config. Whatever full control i have, In my understanding on how heroku and such paas works is, they resolve their incoming request with their own headers to re route the incoming request to right instances. So it will be complex to manage an app which uses host headers in the request to identify the right tenant as heroku will use their own headers to re route the request. I guess cloudjiffy also work in that fashion. Its not about web server, its about how the whole platform route the instances and its tenants that will have conflicts with host headers of the deployed app.

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@yokowasis said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

I'm not talking about nginx or site config. Whatever full control i have, In my understanding on how heroku and such paas works is, they resolve their incoming request with their own headers to re route the incoming request to right instances. So it will be complex to manage an app which uses host headers in the request to identify the right tenant as heroku will use their own headers to re route the request. I guess cloudjiffy also work in that fashion. Its not about web server, its about how the whole platform route the instances and its tenants that will have conflicts with host headers of the deployed app.

No, it doesn't work like Heroku. If you have a public IP at the entry point to your environment, all traffic goes to that entry point (example a load balancer) and everything from the load balancer downstream is configurable through our portal.

• @leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@yokowasis said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

No, it doesn't work like Heroku. If you have a public IP at the entry point to your environment, all traffic goes to that entry point (example a load balancer) and everything from the load balancer downstream is configurable through our portal.

If i don't have a loadbalancer? Do you provide Public ip or cname?

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@yokowasis said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@leapswitch said:

@sreekanth850 said:

If i don't have a loadbalancer? Do you provide Public ip or cname?

Load balancer is just an example. You can assign public IP to any container at any layer.

We do provide CNAME option using a Shared Load Balancer

@Obelous said:

@yokowasis has explained it well already

@Obelous said:

Yes, you can create normal VPSes. We do not recommend this as we are offering a better solution which reduces your work and integrates with the rest of our services.

You can create one or more containers at a layer. Say you create one HAproxy, 3 Nginx, 3xMariaDB Galera cluster, 3xGlusterFS Storage cluster.

Each container will scale vertically within the reserved to dynamic cloudlet range that you have specified.

You can setup horizontal scaling rules to add more containers at a layer, example more Nginx based on resource usage.

Minimum price is whatever you have reserved or use at idle. You can reserve 0 and pay only for idle consumption. Granularity of billing is 1 cloudlet - 128MB / 400Mhz.

Yes, India is only available to Paid members. However, talk to us and we can enable it for you in trial.

Each container has a Private IP by default and we use a Shared Load Balancer to resolve your domains ( or our environment domains ) to your containers / environments.

Thanked by 1Obelous
  • @leapswitch Can we get an anycast IP for these instances?

@Merakith said:
    @leapswitch Can we get an anycast IP for these instances?

Sorry we do not offer Anycast IPs as of now. You could use an Anycast service like Cloudflare with Geo load balancing across our regions.