Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone used/using racknerd reseller?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone used/using racknerd reseller?

greenhatgreenhat Member
edited May 2023 in General

I know racknerd are super popular here, and I have a vps with them and it is great so far. But I'm wondering if anyone has bought any of their reseller plans and have some experience they would like to share about it. In particular, if anyone runs high volume ecommerce sites.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Yes I'm using it in Frankfurt. It's pretty decent, E-2146G with 32G RAM. CPU load is a bit high but page response times are still good.
    Not running any high volume though but the resource allocation and limits are fairly generous.
    Pretty sure if you tag dustinc he could give you more info.

Thanked by 1greenhat
  • Got a Singapore reseller with them and aside from the seldom occurrences where HetrixTools goes wild because it times out for a couple of seconds at peak times it's usable.

I've put on some sites I manage for clients and none of them even notice.

Thanked by 1greenhat
  • thanks for the feedback. Ill probably go with them for reseller. One funny thing i did notice however, is an access attempt from several ip addresses within one minute timeframe on a site I monitor (im super ocd vigilant when looking at server and access logs) and one of them belonging to racknerd. I notice that when a site gets popular, it starts getting all kind of attention.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

Best shared hosting I used, migrated everything to their shared hosting / reseller offers.

They using rented high frequency Xeon dedis from Velia.net,
    Offsite backups are on Wasabi (so seperate infrastructure),
    cPGuard WAF works nice for Wordpress, dunno how it compared with Imunify360 on different CMS,
    80MB/s IO is amazing, if you want to make backups via plugin / make archive its VERY noticeable compared to 1-10MB/s that majority of LET providers have.

Dustin is also very responsive, for one of my friends he made 200% CPU and 2GB RAM custom plan with awesome price and Woocommerce works amazingly well.

Only thing that could be improved is Redis/Memcached, but its completely understandable at this price as Redis would require them to have 2x more RAM per node and possibly more support tickets.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Thank You to all for sharing your awesome experiences with RackNerd's reseller hosting services :) It's great to see that our services have been meeting everyone's expectations, and then some more.

Our reseller hosting offerings are designed to provide you with the best possible features at an unbeatable value. As @AXYZE pointed out, we offer a range of impressive features for our resellers to leverage (i.e. daily offsite backups powered by JetBackup V5 & Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage, MailChannels hybrid outbound mail relay, cpGuard, Softaculous, Litespeed, etc), all without burdening our customers with the high monthly costs typically associated with these add-ons. We're proud to be one of the few providers on here that still offer cPanel/WHM-based reseller hosting bundled with these amazing features at extremely competitive rates, even after the cPanel licensing price increases. We believe that providing familiar tools/interfaces, like cPanel, is essential for empowering our resellers to reach a wider audience and thrive in the market.

We are always receptive to client feedback, and we're constantly working hard to refine and enhance our products. @greenhat -- If you ever need a custom plan tailored to your specific requirements, don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at [email protected]. Thank You for your interest in growing your footprint with us :)

Thanked by 1greenhat
  • Thanks for the reply. I'm already happy with the service I've already purchased, and I don't think I need anything special. I've just got a few websites that I don't have the time to personally manage the server and website. It will be nice to cross server management off the list and have a break from security.

• JasonMJasonM Member

@greenhat said: In particular, if anyone runs high volume ecommerce sites

I'm using their reseller. Its not ecommerce but high volume WP sites with an ecommerce plugin that links to third-party store. The servers are snappy, support is attentive, and in general an affordable option. IDK if ecommerce sites with very high volume can fit in 1 CPU core, but you can definitely give them a try if your store is not using 1CPU 24/7!

Thanked by 1greenhat
  • @JasonM said:
    IDK if ecommerce sites with very high volume can fit in 1 CPU core, but you can definitely give them a try if your store is not using 1CPU 24/7!

I notice just during backups the cpu will peaks. thanks for the reply

• It's been working flawless for me over the past year or more. Fantastic value.

Thanked by 1greenhat