Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach NYC nodes down for a few days
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach NYC nodes down for a few days

Affecting System - NYCB027,042,048

05/01/2023 23:21 Last Updated 05/01/2023 23:21
The following NYC servers are facing extended outage:

NYCB027
NYCB042
NYCB048

Can't use one of my VPS. I've already searched and found that Virmach voluntarily left LET. Guess I will be looking for a new provider soon. It was a good thing for a long time up until the Ryzen upgrades.

Comments

• He's on the OGF. You can try making a comment there, although not likely it'd be rushed any further.

• JabJabJabJab Member

@JeDaYoshi said: He's on the OGF. You can try making a comment there, although not likely it'd be rushed any further.

I mean it's on status page - so they know and they are handling this... so what else do you expect to happen because he posted on OGF?
    VirMach will drop everything, change all the plans, fly to DC and fix those servers because someone posted on forum? :D

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Even the issue with their node / system / network you need to pay them so you will get reply from support.

• @JabJab said:

@JeDaYoshi said: He's on the OGF. You can try making a comment there, although not likely it'd be rushed any further.

I mean it's on status page - so they know and they are handling this... so what else do you expect to happen because he posted on OGF?
    VirMach will drop everything, change all the plans, fly to DC and fix those servers because someone posted on forum? :D

I'm just clarifying that VirMach is available somewhere. Sorry if it didn't sound like so.

• @JabJab said:

Yeah I am not expecting anything from this post. Just wanted to put it up for discussion. It's nothing new, things have been going downhill since the Ryzen "upgrades".

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited May 2023

@bayarea15 said:

@JabJab said:

Yeah I am not expecting anything from this post. Just wanted to put it up for discussion. It's nothing new, things have been going downhill since the Ryzen "upgrades".

Well, since moving away from Colo Crossing, as I would imagine it's trading one set of problems for other problems. They don't charge enough for profit...

Honestly, I could deal with the downtime so long as it was being tracked on Network Status page (the trick being spare servers on different nodes). Currently annoyed with another provider having issues and it's more black box into the issues.

• raise work order!

• @JabJab said:

Wait, did I lose my memory, or your avatar WAS changed to this poker face?

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Honestly baffles me that people are still trusting and continuing to complain about a service where the owner doesn't care.

• @aqua said:
    Honestly baffles me that people are still trusting and continuing to complain about a service where the owner doesn't care.

Grandfathered below cost VPS is my best guess.

• jtkjtk Member

@TimboJones said:

That is one of the main reasons I still have stuff there. Lots of cheap BF deals that were fine until the great migration. I've had a bunch of stuff there, most in the $10/year or under range. I renewed about 2/3 of them last Nov/Dec, cancelled 1/3. The rest I'm cancelling this year. It was good while it lasted, but just too unreliable and not worth it any longer for me.

• user123user123 Member
    edited May 2023

@TimboJones said:

@aqua said:

Yeah, and combined with digital hoarding tendencies and little time to go through all the services I'm paying for... I've also had a custom 1TB SSD plan for less than $4/month idling with them for several years now. I planned to use it as one of multiple storage VPS for off-site backups, but never got around to figuring out the how for any of them -_-.

• From Virmach's Server Status page:

Affecting System - NYCB027,042,048

05/01/2023 23:21
    Last Updated 05/12/2023 15:00

Latest Update - the servers NYCB009 (shared hosting), NYCB006, NYCB027, NYCB042, and NYCB048 are being returned back to us. As soon as they are received, we will begin recovery efforts. The servers may either temporarily be moved to space in Los Angeles and then transferred to NYC, or transferred directly from our test bench to available servers in and near NYC.

The current ETA for arrival is Friday, May 12th, 2023. All customers will receive automatic credits/service extension for the extended outages. Multiple attempts were made for other solutions and at this point we believe this to be the best option.

Below is a list of all servers and their current states/specific plans.

NYCB009 - Highly unstable but data intact. Webhosting service will return online with same data/configuration, one to one copy. We suspect an issue with power supply and/or motherboard, which we have in stock to bring this to a functional state for transfer., but further troubleshooting required.
    NYCB006 - May require extensive data recovery effort.
    NYCB027 - motherboard issue, replacement board available.
    NYCB042 - motherboard issue, replacement board available.
    NYCB048 - motherboard issue, replacement board available.
    Please note, timelines have been pushed forward multiple times, so it's possible that may occur again if we run into further issues with shipment. The Friday ETA is only our best current estimate based on the information we've been provided. We already have an extreme volume of ticket backlogs as a result of these outages, and we will not be able to update anyone further in tickets.

Update -- datacenter was unable to send this out on Wednesday as planned. New ETA is unfortunately Wednesday, May 17th, 2023.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@jtk said: Lots of cheap BF deals that were fine until the great migration

What do you mean by the great migration? we missed the beginning of the stories

Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • @Calin said:

That's a legend.

• @Calin said:

@jtk said: Lots of cheap BF deals that were fine until the great migration

Moving away from ColoCrossing datacenters.

• NYC VMs are still offline from last one moth. Status page hasn't been updated since 17th May. No response/update from Virmach Support :(

• alt_alt_ Member

• alt_alt_ Member

The Krypt Cloud services have been partially restored as of today/yesterday, following the recent fire incident.