Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soyoustart and Failover IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Soyoustart and Failover IP

RolterRolter Member

So, I paid 16 USD/EURO (wte) for soyoustart extra IPs last month during my renewal (15/04/2023), i got another email today for the renewal of same IP's when i already paid for them on 15th of last month.

I wonder what is actually going on ?

Also, the email says "Therefore, the routing of 66.XX.XXX.XX/28 will be suspended in a few minutes", post this i am unable to access my server via ssh as well.

Can someone please help me here to just access my server with the primary ip atleast, so that I can backup wte i want.

Have opened ticket with sys, but i dont actually have much hopes from them.

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• ralfralf Member

Use IPv6 for now?

• RolterRolter Member

Thank you the reply @ralf , but i am trying to access the server using its main IP, not failover IP's.

I suppose that should still work.

• FalzoFalzo Member

they messed up their introduction of fees for additional IPs in blocks.
    while they send out invoices for single addon IPs back in march or so they missed out on the addon blocks. if you renewed lately the block might have been included, but only for an earlier month like march. hence it's still kind of overdue.
    happened to me as well, including suspension/deactivating of those IPs, I only then figured what happened by looking closely at the invoices where it holds the dates.

• RolterRolter Member

Thank you the reply @Falzo

What you are saying makes sense.

Do you have any idea how may i access the server using its main ip only ?

I was earlier accessing it using the main ip only, i have not used failover ips in a while.

• adnsadns Member

Can you ping your main IP? It included in the price of the server so if everything works properly it must work. Is it set on your server? Is the routing set properly? If you have more than one IP you need to set the routes properly to use all of IPs to access the server and to send the server back the packets to proper gateway...

If your IPv4 not working, I think that you have two options to get back the access to your server

• First, if IPv6 set, access it with IPv6. If your internet provider not use v6, you can try WireGuard Warp for free.
    • Another method to start rescue system and fix your IP settings.
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@Rolter said: Do you have any idea how may i access the server using its main ip only ?

you need to be more specific. as @adns said the main ip is bound to the server and will be available anyway. so you should simply be able to ssh into your server with that - unless you changed sshd or firewall things etc.

for access as in "my websites" you probably need to change your vhosts or whatever you are using as well as dns entries if they used to use the other IPs that are now gone.

• RolterRolter Member
    edited May 2023

I had to apply the novel fix of "RESTART THE SERVER" and i can login as before.

Thanks to all the awesome people in this thread ....