Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how do you manager tiny servers from different providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how do you manager tiny servers from different providers

FiberSudsFiberSuds Member
edited May 2023 in General

most of them are too tiny for k8s/k3s,
NAT/ipv6-ony/ipv4-only/dual,
openvz/KVM,

I use ansible, but not so easy for me, the playbook becomes more and more complex.

How about you? Any best practice?

Comments

• dev077dev077 Member

Dont buy the tiny servers.

• bdlbdl Member

ssh

• tjntjn Member

@FiberSuds said:
    I use ansible, but not so easy for me, the playbook becomes more and more complex.

I use Ansible too, what part are you finding is becoming the most complex?

• @tjn said:

@FiberSuds said:

I use Ansible too, what part are you finding is becoming the most complex?

Glitches caused by the differences of virtualization or network

• tjntjn Member

That's what conditions are for :)

when: virt == "kvm" and ansible_distribution == 'Debian' or ansible_distribution == 'Ubuntu'

Thanked by 1loay
  • Ansible is your choice.

• Just release them and don't waste energy on them.

• here are a few things you can do to make the process easier:

Use a server management tool: There are many server management tools available that can help you manage multiple servers from different providers in one place. Examples include Ansible, Chef, and Puppet.

Use a centralized logging solution: Centralized logging solutions like ELK or Graylog can help you monitor and troubleshoot your servers from one central location.

Use a containerization platform: Containerization platforms like Docker or Kubernetes can help you manage your servers and applications more efficiently by allowing you to deploy and scale applications across multiple servers.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • @Ownwebservers said:
    here are a few things you can do to make the process easier:

Use a server management tool: There are many server management tools available that can help you manage multiple servers from different providers in one place. Examples include Ansible, Chef, and Puppet.

Use a centralized logging solution: Centralized logging solutions like ELK or Graylog can help you monitor and troubleshoot your servers from one central location.

Use a containerization platform: Containerization platforms like Docker or Kubernetes can help you manage your servers and applications more efficiently by allowing you to deploy and scale applications across multiple servers.

This ChatGPT posting is getting old already.

Thanked by 2emgh fart
  • liaoxxliaoxx Member

@FiberSuds said:

@dev077 said:

:'( they're adorable

Why this commet got so many thanked?

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@liaoxx said:

@FiberSuds said:

@dev077 said:

:'( they're adorable

Why this commet got so many thanked?

Because everyone likes a cute tiny server.

Thanked by 1liaoxx