Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One server my client and my site?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

One server my client and my site?

Hello,

I know isn't a best practice, I always separate my server with my company site and server with all my clients.

Lately my finance isn't the best..so i need to do some save.

I have 2 server on hetzner: one ax41 and another ax51. My sites are 5 and my clients 14.

What do you think about?

Comments

• bgerardbgerard Member
    edited May 2023

What's the load on both of those machines, are you near capacity ? I assume you can afford to consolidate.

I'd maybe see if you can fit your personal sites on a cheaper vps, just for ease. But in theory it shouldn't be an issue. I'd maybe consider putting cloudflare in front of your sites in case a competitor or angry person ddos you and your clients are caught in the crossfire

• my site are in wp..i have old crm but important is a software for sending newsletter and us also my clients. that's is the "heavy".

Problem is plesk pro license...even if i only forward I need to pro and not the web.
    7 domains forwarding..maybe I need to found a solution also for this situation!

The both server are very big for the use.

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2023

@chiccorosso said:

The both server are very big for the use.

In that case, perhaps spin up a VPS somewhere and consolidate the two dedicated servers into a single VPS.

First, do an audit of your disk space usage and see if there's any fat you can trim (i.e. large error logs, backups, etc). It might make all the difference between a cheap VPS and a more expensive one. Something like this should do it:

FS='/';clear;date;df -h $FS; echo "Largest Directories:"; du -hcx –max-depth=2 $FS 2>/dev/null | grep [0-9]G | sort -grk 1 | head -15 ;echo "Largest Files:"; nice -n 19 find $FS -mount -type f -print0 2>/dev/null| xargs -0 du -k | sort -rnk1| head -n20 |awk '{printf "%8d MB\t%s\n",($1/1024),$NF}'

This will list the top 10 largest files and the top 10 largest directories.

• Client server has a lot of big site and ecommerce with a lot of cronjob...and it's fine for that use and I dont wanna change it.

I'm only value to close my server and maybe find a vps. But the price it's really nears to my dedicated server.

I spent every month for my server plus plesk pro license and ipv4 about 50€

Remove that domain forwarding I can move in plesk web license so it's 44€ at month