Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi server for do backup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi server for do backup

Hello,

What do you think about kimsufi ovh server for doing just backup?

Comments

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Atleast get the one with multi drive so you can raid :)

Thanked by 1chiccorosso
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Yeah, be fine with raid.

Thanked by 1chiccorosso
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Yes

Thanked by 1chiccorosso
  • Thank you

• Probably not a fantastic idea if you care about restore times, due to that 100mbps port.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • Can i pay extra for 1gbit?

• maxwellmaxwell Member

@chiccorosso said:
    Can i pay extra for 1gbit?

no, you have to get a server with more bandwith then... no way to upgrade the bandwith with low cost servers

• adnsadns Member

@fluffernutter said:
    Probably not a fantastic idea if you care about restore times, due to that 100mbps port.

The servers that have gigabit NIC usualy got Gbps up on IPv6 in the latest experiences. I bought 3 KS-LE-1 (with the e3-1245 v2 and 800 GB SSDs config) and every got 1 Gbps up on IPv6. The 100 Mbps caped IPv6 up seems to be rarely in the new orders. However, it is an expensive lottery with the setup fee.:D

If the order is not urgent, I suggest to wait a limited edition offer and check other customers experience if the Gbps up is inportant. Remember that this server advertised with 100 Mbps so nothing can guarantee that they will not cap the Gbps to fast ethernet speeds:D.

• wii747wii747 Member
    edited May 2023

I use a ks1 as a proxmox backup service