Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Needs some help about virtualization
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Needs some help about virtualization

Hi Folks,

I'm an amateur at virtualization and willing to learn about it.

As of now, I have a dedicated server with the following CPU specs:

Intel Xeon CPU E5-2690 16c/32t @ 2.90GHz

So, my need is to slice the dedis into 15 Windows VPSes for my personal chrome projects with 6 vCores each.

Last night, I made a slice using Virtualizor with 30% of 6 vCores.
But when I started my projects, it went blank (due to the CPU's 100% peak, I guess) and then suddenly restarted.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to do 50% of 6 vCores each for 15 Windows VPSes with my dedis specs?
  2. Does the virtualization control panel have different results for my needs (i.e: slice with Virtualizor vs slice with VirtFusion vs slice with Proxmox etc.)?

Sorry for my bad English.
Really appreciate for any guidances/suggestions/references.

Thanks a million!

Comments

1. Obviously not. 0.5x6x15 = 45 cores.
    2. No.

The other missing key specification is memory, which will be shared between the VMs.

• JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

How often do you think the VM will actually use more than let's say 70% of the CPU cores you assign?

• @tetech said:
    1. Obviously not. 0.5x6x15 = 45 cores.
    2. No.

The other missing key specification is memory, which will be shared between the VMs.

Memory is 256GB

• @SWS said:
    How often do you think the VM will actually use more than let's say 70% of the CPU cores you assign?

I think it will be an hour long in every 6 hours

• JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

You can try simply setting the CPU as in Virtualizor

CPU Units - 1000
    Cores - 6
    CPU % - 50

If you do something like that then monitor the node stats via the root panel and you can then up or down grade the CPU as needed until you feel the everything is running as needed.

• @SWS said:
    You can try simply setting the CPU as in Virtualizor

CPU Units - 1000
    Cores - 6
    CPU % - 50

If you do something like that then monitor the node stats via the root panel and you can then up or down grade the CPU as needed until you feel the everything is running as needed.

I do the setup for 15 VPSes but not with the CPU Units
    I left it blank

Will it be different in performance result if I do setup the CPU Units to 1000 for all VPSes?