Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best simple email service for mailing list subscribers - for blog visitors who want email updates
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best simple email service for mailing list subscribers - for blog visitors who want email updates

Hi guys - I need some recommendations for the best email service for subscribers to a mailing list. This is 100% opt-in, clean mailing list for blog visitors who want periodic email updates. These blog visitors may or may not sign up for an RSS feed of the blog, and I don't want to rely on RSS-to-email services or big marketing platforms or any integrated plugins/hosting features of blog platforms. I just want to provide them a simple email signup form so I can send them manual updates from time to time.

Basically, I just need a simple mailing list service, no fuss, really good deliverability, with opt-in signup form and easy opt-out feature if they want to cancel. I don't want to self-host anything. Also needs to handle future growth into many thousands of subscribers.

In the past I used MailChimp and similar big platforms, but I definitely don't want to use that kind of service again. Not to mention it's way too complex for what I need. I don't need a whole marketing platform with fancy features. Just a good simple mailing list service will be fine.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Thanked by 1hostwebis

Comments

• tjntjn Member

If you don't like the big players/suites like MailChimp, maybe https://sendfox.com/ could work for you?

Thanked by 2alt_ jlet88
  • I'll check it out, thanks!

• mailbaby is great for the purpose.

Thanked by 1jlet88
  • Thank you, I've heard about mailbaby but never used them. Will check them out!

• Ahhh, with mailbaby, it doesn't look like they have a built-in signup form or unsubscribe feature. I'd have to host that myself. But maybe I missed that on their site?

I'm trying to stay away from services that require additional maintenance or any kind of form hosting on my end. Did I miss something about mailbaby? Otherwise it looks good though. I just don't want to host/manage anything if possible. I need something more self-contained.

• hostwebishostwebis Member, Host Rep

mailbaby is not available at the moment for new clients.

Have you thought about installing mautic and sending emails from there?

I'm thinking in creating a very simple system to send emails for my clients because they keep on sending from hosted email service and that does not give good feedback about delivery.
    Thank you for your contribution.

Thanked by 1jlet88
  • Thank you, Mautic looks very nice, but not for me. Definitely want to avoid installing or hosting any platform or scripts. Looking for third-part mailing list service. No maintenance, no fuss, no headaches, no self-hosting. I want to leave the mailing list services to the professionals. Self-hosting is asking for way too much hassle -- for me. I understand why other people want to do it though.