Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared annoying connection problems
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared annoying connection problems

gappergapper Member
edited April 2023 in Providers

Hello guys,

Since a few weeks ago I have noticed that there is a problem with BuyShared reseller plan. I'm a reseller so I have clients, the problem is that if I open the domains of my clients on my browser, it works but when I start opening the sixth or seventh domain, then the browser says "the connection has been reset" and it remains unusable for around 15 minutes.

After the time has passed, domains are loading fine again, but if I keep opening them, then the server will block me. It looks like the server is temporarily blocking connections from an IP that has some petitions to load content hosted on that server.

I don't know what sort of firewall do you have @Francisco but please fix this.

Thanks!

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

What did they say about it via support ticket?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

It sounds like you’re triggering the firewall.

I would drop a ticket and we can check the logs and adjust whatever limit you’re hitting.

Francisco

• gappergapper Member
    edited April 2023

@Francisco thanks Fran, please check ticket #330353 when you get some time.

• Did you just make a post here and not submit a ticket? This place should not be a place to get support from a hosting company,

Thanked by 2MikeA abangnoob
  • I posted here because I wanted to know if other people are also affected by this.

• @ivlad said:
    Did you just make a post here and not submit a ticket? This place should not be a place to get support from a hosting company,

Seems like a good chunk people here seem to look at posting here to get "priority support" (i.e.: Help me or you'll look bad )

It's a ticket queue for a reason. When you pay for low end stuff, support is greatly appreciated but for the price, don't expect much in a hurry. If you're going to need something with true priority support it's worth paying the premium.

Thanked by 1ivlad
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@gapper said:
    I don't know what sort of firewall do you have Francisco but please fix this.

@gapper said:
    I posted here because I wanted to know if other people are also affected by this.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @gapper said:
    Hello guys,

Since a few weeks ago I have noticed that there is a problem with BuyShared reseller plan. I'm a reseller so I have clients, the problem is that if I open the domains of my clients on my browser, it works but when I start opening the sixth or seventh domain, then the browser says "the connection has been reset" and it remains unusable for around 15 minutes.

After the time has passed, domains are loading fine again, but if I keep opening them, then the server will block me. It looks like the server is temporarily blocking connections from an IP that has some petitions to load content hosted on that server.

I don't know what sort of firewall do you have @Francisco but please fix this.

Thanks!

When you say "opening the sixth or seventh domain", what exactly do you mean by that?
    Are you typing in your customers domain in the browser one by one, are do you like open 10 tabs at the same time with all the domains preloaded?

I would imagine opening a shitload of domains all hosted on the same server within seconds could trigger a few warnings on the provider side.

• I suspect that some CSF defaults are too low. I recall a small office website shared hosted on Turnkey Internet triggered a block because 4-5 office employees (all behind same IPv4) had the website open all day. Caused a panic internally.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • @Don_Keedic said: Seems like a good chunk people here seem to look at posting here to get "priority support" (i.e.: Help me or you'll look bad )

That's exactly what I thought the OP was doing. If he submitted the ticket I'm pretty sure he would have gotten pretty fast support.

@rcy026 said: When you say "opening the sixth or seventh domain", what exactly do you mean by that?

The issue is there's a bunch of users behind that single IP, and when they all view the site at the same time (say, if it's a school, or an office or whatever), then Litespeed was blocking/throttling the IP.

We adjusted the limits so lets see.

Francisco

Thanked by 1gapper
  • JasonMJasonM Member
    edited April 2023

@Francisco said: The issue is there's a bunch of users behind that single IP, and when they all view the site at the same time (say, if it's a school, or an office or whatever), then Litespeed was blocking/throttling the IP.

can this happen if I use to pass traffic (reverse proxy) from my VPS IP to my shared account?
    different users >> single vps ip >> shared hosting

As for every user, it will pass the traffic from this single ip to litespeed shared hosting.

@JasonM said:

@Francisco said: The issue is there's a bunch of users behind that single IP, and when they all view the site at the same time (say, if it's a school, or an office or whatever), then Litespeed was blocking/throttling the IP.

can this happen if I use to pass traffic (reverse proxy) from my VPS IP to my shared account?
    different users >> single vps ip >> shared hosting

As for every user, it will pass the traffic from this single ip to litespeed shared hosting.

Possible if the reverse proxy is generating bad requests.

Francisco

Thanked by 1JasonM