Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for ipv6 rental from RIPE /48 for max 10 euro/year or /32 for 15 euro/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for ipv6 rental from RIPE /48 for max 10 euro/year or /32 for 15 euro/month

Hi im looking for a /48 ipv6 rental but will pay not more then 10 euro/year
Also I can consider /29 (25 euro/month) or /32 (15 euro month)

Comments

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

@RickBakkr

His IPv6 PA may be slightly more expensive, but it is definitely worth it. Rick is an extremely great person to work with

Thanked by 2AlbaHost RickBakkr
  • tomletomle Member, LIR
    edited April 2023

Please keep all IP related questions in https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/114478/the-aio-ip-related-thread-ipv4-ipv6-asn
    I'll be able to post an offer there without breaking the rules.

Thanked by 1Donkey
  • @tomle said:
    Please keep all IP related questions in https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/114478/the-aio-ip-related-thread-ipv4-ipv6-asn
    I'll be able to post an offer there without breaking the rules.

done

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@kofany said:
    Also I can consider /29 (25 euro/month)

You consider the IPv6 space of the size of a whole RIPE LIR account and your budget is 25 EUR/month?
    Any chance 500k /48's would not be related to spam?

• kofanykofany Member
    edited April 2023

@dfroe said:

@kofany said:
    Also I can consider /29 (25 euro/month)

You consider the IPv6 space of the size of a whole RIPE LIR account and your budget is 25 EUR/month?
    Any chance 500k /48's would not be related to spam?

Maybe You will do spam, I just made my own asn :) and I want to start some hobby related services. I have total 0 knowledge of /29 price I had one time /32 for 5 euro/month but they have no stock at the moment.
    When I look into your website the price you offer for /48 (60 euro) are insane.. So for sure will not make a deal with Your firm, you are to expensive for me I do that for hobby so I want to save money on services. BTW, im also from Germany :)

edited April 2023

@kofany said:
    I want to start some hobby related services.

Then handle it as a hobby. Seriously. Each BGP PoP might need a /48, maybe a handful for anycast, load balancing, traffic engineering etc.

Netflix currently operates their whole global network out of 3x /32's. Why would you need more IPv6 space than Netflix; for a hobby?

If it's just clueless number crushing, there is 2001:db8::/32.
    If you want to do something serious, take it seriously; at least a bit.
    There is a lot to learn. But there is literally nothing if you announce a /32 instead of a /48.

@kofany said:
    So for sure will not make a deal with your firm.

That's great, so there is something we share in common. :)

• kofanykofany Member
    edited April 2023

@dfroe said:

@kofany said:

Then handle it as a hobby. Seriously. Each BGP PoP might need a /48, maybe a handful for anycast, load balancing, traffic engineering etc.

Netflix currently operates their whole global network out of 3x /32's. Why would you need more IPv6 space than Netflix; for a hobby?

There is a lot to learn. But there is literally nothing if you announce a /32 instead of a /48.

I do not know that asking for /29 is to much :D im just a hobby related person so for me get more for less is always better if /29 or /32 is to much, don't care I will also able to buy /40, /44 or /48 the price is good :) but /48 I need at least 4-5 I need to have my asn with 5 different providers so best to give /48 to each. :)

• @kofany said:

@dfroe said:

@kofany said:

I do not know that asking for /29 is to much :D im just a hobby related person so for me get more for less is always better if /29 or /32 is to much, don't care I will also able to buy /40, /44 or /48 the price is good :) but /48 I need at least 4-5 I need to have my asn with 5 different providers so best to give /48 to each. :)

And nobody says that only pros are welcome here... Im a new in that stuff, learning all of those things so do not be an asshole and just explain my mistakes and make no judgments...

edited April 2023

My point just is: It is a difference, if you say

"Hi there, I want to learn more about the internet and how BGP work. I've got some BGP peerings up and running, my public ASN assigned, and I want to announce 4-5 /48's."

or if you say

"I want to rent 500 thousand /48's at 25 EUR/month."

• @dfroe said:
    My point just is: It is a difference, if you say

"Hi there, I want to learn more about the internet and how BGP work. I've got some BGP peerings up and running, my public ASN assigned, and I want to announce 4-5 /48's."

or if you say

"I want to rent 500 thousand /48's at 25 EUR/month."

That's Yours words not main ... :) Do You want more complain? Have nothing better to do? Poorly man :(.
    GTFO from my person, and do not go off topic