Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a unicorn VPS in Toronto
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a unicorn VPS in Toronto

ehhthingehhthing Member
edited April 2023 in Requests

Requirements:

Minimal RAM/CPU/Storage (512M/1C/5GB)

1TB bandwidth or more @ 1Gbps

Most important: must have IPv6 BGP announcements (I want to announce my own IPs), and preferably with direct peering with Bell/Rogers. I'm mostly looking for providers that have a backbone and rely less on transit agreements with T1 carriers.

Essentially if somehow there were a VPS provider that uses Beanfield as its exclusive upstream I'd be very happy :)

Location requirement: Toronto, Canada

Providers that I've looked at: Vultr/Anything with exclusively GoCodeIT transit (only two upstreams, lots of Cogent routing).

Will be using for personal VPN (my ISP has no IPv6).

I have a feeling that this provider doesn't exist, but worth giving it a shot. I haven't even found a single low-end VPS provider in Toronto that has peering directly with bell yet.

Budget: $10/m

Comments

• I would look at Servarica @servarica_hani
    They are Montreal but according to HE BGP, they have peering with Beanfield/Cogent.
    Here is their looking glass so you can test it out
    https://ping.servarica.com/

3 CPU cores
    4GB RAM
    400gb SSD disk
    Unlimited 100mbps Bandwidth
    or 4TB limit on 1gbps
    1 IPv4 Included
    IPv6 available by reques
    $7

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • @concept said:
    I would look at Servarica @servarica_hani
    They are Montreal but according to HE BGP, they have peering with Beanfield/Cogent.
    Here is their looking glass so you can test it out
    https://ping.servarica.com/

3 CPU cores
    4GB RAM
    400gb SSD disk
    Unlimited 100mbps Bandwidth
    or 4TB limit on 1gbps
    1 IPv4 Included
    IPv6 available by reques
    $7

I confirmed with their support that they do not have BGP as part of their service, I would accept Beanfield in Montreal since my ISP is ~7ms away from that.

• Maybe try contacting LunaNode

• @CyberneticTitan said:
    Maybe try contacting LunaNode

They said a while back that they weren't planning on getting anything other than Cogent transit in Toronto.

• hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep

we peer with TorIX but unfortunately we do not do 'Bring your own IP'

Thanked by 1itsgoingdown
  • @hbjlee17 said:
    we peer with TorIX but unfortunately we do not do 'Bring your own IP'

Woah.
    Is that the first comment from LunaNode since 2017? Awesome.

• JeDaYoshiJeDaYoshi Member
    edited April 2023

Already tried out by @ehhthing:

@ehhthing said:
    Providers that I've looked at: Vultr/Anything with exclusively GoCodeIT transit (only two upstreams, lots of Cogent routing).

Xenyth Cloud is GoCodeIT's sub-brand.

• If you just need v6, is there a reason that you want to bring your own IPs? Servarica seems like the best bet here. Another option is to get a VM on Datapacket's network, I believe they have direct peering with Bell and Telus, but you'd need to get something in New York since Canadian ISPs actually don't really peer within Canada, they do most of their peering in the US. This is basically only if you want them to have a direct connection though, you can expect around 8ms of latency going by this method.