Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please recommend several large VPS providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please recommend several large VPS providers

Please recommend several large VPS providers. Sufficiently large company, perfect system, good sales, sufficient network and equipment resources

Comments

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

Hetzner/OVH/M247

• m247 needs to email them first

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Digital ocean
    Linode

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Interserver
    @interservermike

• Digital Ocean, Vultr, Linode.

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

@spoit_sun said:
    Please recommend several large VPS providers. Sufficiently large company, perfect system, good sales, sufficient network and equipment resources

The thing is - these things are all relative.

What's considered a large company to me might be small-fry to someone else. What I consider to be excellent pre & after sales might be atrocious to someone else, etc.

I don't think I've ever come across a "perfect system". Every system has its swings and roundabouts.

It's worth noting you're less likely to get that personal touch from a "large company", they're more likely going to be reading from a script and following it to the T, versus the smaller guys who will make exceptions and go above and beyond in more cases than not.

Thanked by 1sh97
  • netcup

• @spoit_sun said: m247 needs to email them first

https://vps247.com/

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Large? amazon, google, microsoft, oracle

Like in many things, the larger the company the more the customer is taken for granted.

If I really had a problem with BuyVM, IncogNet, or other providers here, I'm very confidant I could get ahold of a human to fix it (if not the owner).

If I bought a VM from AWS, Google cloud, Azure, or Oracle cloud, I think it'd be a major battle to talk to someone.

Who?

• emghemgh Member
    edited April 2023

@raindog308 said:
    Large? amazon, google, microsoft, oracle

Like in many things, the larger the company the more the customer is taken for granted.

If I really had a problem with BuyVM, IncogNet, or other providers here, I'm very confidant I could get ahold of a human to fix it (if not the owner).

If I bought a VM from AWS, Google cloud, Azure, or Oracle cloud, I think it'd be a major battle to talk to someone.

Who?

Not a very fair comparison.

I agree that’s one aspect, and a valid one.

But there’s so many more, like mature systems.

AWS backups wouldn’t fail over and over again for the straff to respond ”yeah hope it fixes itself” until updating their systems to one that works.

I might sound sceptical, but I love BuyVM, I’ve been a client since forever and I’m very satisfied; but just like you can get the owner in case something went belly up, you also need to be prepared to not have access to a multi million dollar cloud provider; and the cons of that stability wise are probably worse.

Thanked by 1nick_
  • Scaleway

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited April 2023

If you want the biggest cloud providers, you could always go with the big three. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. Their panel is not so friendly though, and the pricing quite high for my opinion.

The other options, you could go with established cloud providers like Hetzner, DO, Linode, Vultr, UpCloud.

• @febryanvaldo said:
    If you want the biggest cloud providers, you could always go with the big three. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. Their panel is not so friendly though, and the pricing quite high for my opinion.

The other options, you could go with established cloud providers like Hetzner, DO, Linode, Vultr, UpCloud.

Never knew Alibaba had such as large market share.

• @Hypere said: Never knew Alibaba had such as large market share.

Big asian companies uses them.

• emghemgh Member

@febryanvaldo said:

Lightsail has a very simple panel.

• @emgh said: Lightsail has a very simple panel.

Yes i know.