Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible to host a website on a Raspberry Pi?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is it possible to host a website on a Raspberry Pi?

Can a Raspberry Pi, a small and affordable computer, be used as a web server to host a website? What are the limitations and requirements for hosting a website on a Raspberry Pi?

Thanked by 1greentea

Comments

• Yes, and people will sell you this.
    They're quite weak, though, and if they aren't connected to a UPS there's like a 25% chance of them corrupting their SD card if they ever lose power.

• @MallocVoidstar said:
    Yes, and people will sell you this.
    They're quite weak, though, and if they aren't connected to a UPS there's like a 25% chance of them corrupting their SD card if they ever lose power.

Thank you for your response. It's great to know that Raspberry Pis can be used to host websites. I'm curious, who sells them in this context? Are there any reliable vendors that you would recommend?

Thanked by 2let_rocks greentea
  • @KatAdventurer said:

@MallocVoidstar said:

Thank you for your response. It's great to know that Raspberry Pis can be used to host websites. I'm curious, who sells them in this context? Are there any reliable vendors that you would recommend?

I haven't tried them, so can't give any recommendations but I do know that at least Ikoula provides affordable Raspberry Pis: https://www.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server

Thanked by 1greentea
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2023

@DataIdeas-Josh does this if I am not mistaken. Dataideas offers Raspberry Pi machines in their datacentre.

Normally you can also selfhost websites on a Pi. One would need a high-endurance MicroSD card, or some other reliable storage attached on USB. Don't forget about automated backups too, just in case the storage fails.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@covent said:

@KatAdventurer said:

@MallocVoidstar said:

I haven't tried them, so can't give any recommendations but I do know that at least Ikoula provides affordable Raspberry Pis: https://www.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server

Thank you for the shout out @default

Neat website. Although their "Partner" logos at the bottom has the Raspberry Pi logo going to Dell.com.

We do offer RPi's at https://www.RPiServers.com
    If the one you are looking for is out of stock. Please let us know via PM and we can see if one will be coming back soon.

Thanked by 1greentea