Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best vps/vds in europe?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best vps/vds in europe?

I am looking for a good vps or vds in europe but not sure wich one. At the moment i am using a CLOUD VPS from contabo with a plesk license. I have not had many issues but i wanted abit more performance for my ecommerce store and upgraded to the XL version the back-end loads faster but i feel like the performance stability is not so great. I see their vds has pretty high scores https://www.vpsbenchmarks.com/best_vps/2023/under/100 so i might switch to their vds if this would be better. I want to spend like 50-70 euro's a month including a plesk web pro license.

I started 8 years ago with siteground shared hosting but their speed is garbage and their renewing costs are really high. I switched to a vps first digitalocean with cyberpanel but cyberpanel is not that great for production sites. Had many SSL issues, the panel/websites crashing when memory of cache was too high. Switched to plesk instead and did not have any issues anymore and the same speed with nginx compared to litespeed. But i needed more memory and cpu for my website and nothing was close to contabo in price to performance ratio. So i switched to contabo, have been pretty happy no down time only sometimes abit of bad performance on peak times.

I also have many small wordpress websites running on siteground and i want to switch them to a vps instead.

I read hetzner is better than contabo and still offers cheap prices? but their trustpilot scores are alot lower than contabo.

Hope u guys can give me some advice for what the best vps would be in europe price to performance ratio. I live in the Netherlands so best would be NL or German based.

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited April 2023

Webhosting24 aff Munich has the best VPS with routed /48.
    nonaff

ServerFactory aff Dronten has the best VDS with unmetered ingress bandwidth.
    nonaff

• Surely Hetzner. I have benchmarked many European VPSes, and Hetzner surely one of the best in terms of performance,

there are also LuxVPS, Hostiko, PHP-Friends, Inception Hosting, v6Node (Germany)
    and SpectraIP, Atomic Networks, LiteServer, ServerFactory (Netherlands) worth to look.

You can view all the benchmarked VPS on my site (hit signature).

Thanked by 2v3ng Jaro
  • v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2023

You might want to check out our Node 16GB G2

• 4 EPYC Cores
    • 16GB DDR4 3200 ECC 3200MT/s
    • 100GB NVMe PCIe Gen4
    • /56 IPv6 + 1 IPv4

13,79€ per Month
    Located in Frankfurt Am Main on fully owned hardware and networking equipment

https://cloud.v6node.com/plans

• @febryanvaldo said:
    Surely Hetzner. I have benchmarked many European VPSes, and Hetzner surely one of the best in terms of performance,

there are also LuxVPS, Hostiko, PHP-Friends, Inception Hosting, v6Node (Germany)
    and SpectraIP, Atomic Networks, LiteServer, ServerFactory (Netherlands) worth to look.

You can view all the benchmarked VPS on my site (hit signature).

Thanks for the advice and even compared to contabo vds?

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited April 2023

@bramokki said: Thanks for the advice and even compared to contabo vds?

Yes. If you could choose between Contabo and Hetzner, just choose Hetzner.

• Thanks Seems like the vps are pretty bad, did myself not have that many issues but i felt like the XL vps is worse than the vps M one https://www.vpsbenchmarks.com/hosters/contabo/plans/vds-m-nvme i thought maybe performance ratio on the vds is alot better and still pretty cheap for a vds? checking hetzner https://www.vpsbenchmarks.com/screener/hosters/hetzner#matching-plans is not so great either.

I am just wondering why their trustpilot score is way higher than hetzner

• bramokkibramokki Member
    edited April 2023

@febryanvaldo said:

@bramokki said: Thanks for the advice and even compared to contabo vds?

Yes. If you could choose between Contabo and Hetzner, just choose Hetzner.

Okay thanks for the advice! i will check into hetzner and maybe switch from contabo. What would you advice to get for 30-60 euro's a month? I just want the best performance to price ratio.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

I heavily recommend Avoro/PHP-Friends if you want to spend 10euro-40euro in EU
    https://avoro.eu/de/nvme-vserver/
    Dedicated logical cores, not oversold, 10Gbit network, direct connection to many many providers (like DTAG), awesome DDoS protection.

If you need custom specs (more cores, more disk etc.) contact them.

And Hetzner is ofc better than Contabo.

• Avoro/PHP-Friends. With professional support. And they can fit your needs if you're looking for more RAM or Disk

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited April 2023

@bramokki said: but their trustpilot scores are alot lower than contabo.

Every reviews on review sites = fake. Almost every time. Trustpilot - piece of garbage with contracts with big vendors which have rights to remove "bad" reviews if they wish to by marking review as fake, and blocking access to provide details. I've used services of a company who scam a lot, and wrote a honest review with screenshot and steel proofs that the company doing awful business, cheating, and provider awful services. You know what? My review removed, and score of company stay the same very high with tons of fake reviews which is pretty cheap nowdays to buy or generate automatically. In the end company died a year after, and all clients lost their money

So, the only way to find out what is good or bad without reading fakes over internet - it's trying yourself. Or asking in communities focused on something X that you're looking for and to whom you trust. LET is good place for that. So for sure you will get here objective and correct info.

Sorry, just my few cents.

What about your question:

Hope u guys can give me some advice for what the best vps would be in europe price to performance ratio.

There are a lot of providers in EU. And very competitive market with lower prices as it possible. Some providers doing high scale business with fine tuned business procedures and processes, and invest huge a lot of money into ads, community management, and more focused on enterprise or business, or for many people at once.

As bigger company become - it's harder to keep very good quality for end client.
    This is extremely complex stuff for any business.

So, because all of that, personally I'm stick with providers over LET, small ones, medium ones. Does not really matter to me. LET providers here, profide very good prices, and quality of services with limited budgets for ads and other stuff. They win over big competitors and big companies by providing better support, cheaper prices, i dunno better performance, etc.

So, answering to your initial question:

Hope u guys can give me some advice for what the best vps would be in europe price to performance ratio.

Sorry to say that, but try as many providers as you can, and pick the one that you enjoy the most.

I've not long time ago found few very cool providers just for my own needs, and i recommend them to all people whom I know.

I do talk about:

But this is just my personal preferences for now.
    And i stick to these providers because i fully enjoy working with them, but before that i've tried dozens of providers, which were some great, some not. But overall many of providers over LET pretty damn good.

Just my few cents. Sorry for the wall of text.

P.S. but http://www.prometeus.net/site/ always in my heart!

• HypereHypere Member
    edited April 2023

If you're looking for a budget VPS, with something with a little more power than Contabo, our Budget VM Plans may be suitable. 5GBP Monthly, 4GBP RAM, 2 cores on a 2680v4.

https://hypere.cloud/vserver

• At your budget i recommend getting a Hetzner dedicated from auction and with the difference buy a plesk license.

• @SirNeo said:
    At your budget i recommend getting a Hetzner dedicated from auction and with the difference buy a plesk license.

Would this be better than a contabo vds? Or hetzner cloud? Since its an older cpu right. And no nvme.
    I saw hetzner also offers pretty cheap plesk licenses so definitely considering them. Netcup also seems pretty good. Their root server.

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

At that budget, try considering dedicated server

• SirNeoSirNeo Member
    edited April 2023

I don't think you need NVME but if you are sure you need it look at this new dedicated configuration (not auction)

Also I don't have/had Contabo or Netcup so i can't compare but i'm proud of my NAT VPS from @mikho that is hosted on Hetzner

root@sirneo:~# uptime
    21:42:51 up 652 days, 5:41, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05

:smile:

• @SirNeo said:
    I don't think you need NVME but if you are sure you need it look at this new dedicated configuration (not auction)

Also I don't have/had Contabo or Netcup so i can't compare but i'm proud of my NAT VPS from @mikho that is hosted on Hetzner

Hmm 3600 ryzen cpu is pretty outdated just replaced it from my own pc switched to 5800x3d. Thought maybe a vds a newer cpu would give more performance, and you are able to upgrade when u need more resources. But have no idea how it works

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@bramokki said:

@SirNeo said:

Hmm 3600 ryzen cpu is pretty outdated just replaced it from my own pc switched to 5800x3d. Thought maybe a vds a newer cpu would give more performance, and you are able to upgrade when u need more resources. But have no idea how it works

ryzen 3600 is faster than the CPU in a contabo VDS

• emghemgh Member

How about the GAME-1 while it's on 55 % off?

https://www.ovhcloud.com/en-ie/bare-metal/game/game-1/

• @bruh21 said:

@bramokki said:

@SirNeo said:

Oh i did not know that since its already 5 years old. I thought since u get dedicated cores from the new epyc it would be better performance. I just want a good vps/vds or dedicated server with plesk so i can transfer my websites easily max i want to spend is 60-70 euro’s a month and be able to run multiple wordpress websites with 1 bigger woocommerce site. Contabo vps is giving some good performance for now but looking for better options ( i pay 50 euro’s atm)

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@bramokki said:

@bruh21 said:

@bramokki said:

@SirNeo said:

Oh i did not know that since its already 5 years old. I thought since u get dedicated cores from the new epyc it would be better performance. I just want a good vps/vds or dedicated server with plesk so i can transfer my websites easily max i want to spend is 60-70 euro’s a month and be able to run multiple wordpress websites with 1 bigger woocommerce site. Contabo vps is giving some good performance for now but looking for better options ( i pay 50 euro’s atm)

the ryzen is the about the same age as contabo’s epyc

• @AXYZE said:
    I heavily recommend Avoro/PHP-Friends if you want to spend 10euro-40euro in EU
    https://avoro.eu/de/nvme-vserver/
    Dedicated logical cores, not oversold, 10Gbit network, direct connection to many many providers (like DTAG), awesome DDoS protection.

If you need custom specs (more cores, more disk etc.) contact them.

And Hetzner is ofc better than Contabo.

can you please yabs a avoro nvme-vserver?

• @Hypere said:
    If you're looking for a budget VPS, with something with a little more power than Contabo, our Budget VM Plans may be suitable. 5GBP Monthly, 4GBP RAM, 2 cores on a 2680v4.

what about your origin? is it icelandic? has that been clarified in the meantime?

• @hyperblast said:

@Hypere said:

what about your origin? is it icelandic? has that been clarified in the meantime?

@hyperblast said:

@Hypere said:

No, we aren’t Icelandic.

We are based in the UK, with servers being located in London

• There is no doubt that Netcup is the most suitable for you. Their root servers have an exclusive CPU core, stable performance, and a cheap price. Newly registered accounts can use the following coupons, which are very cheap.

• @bramokki said:
    I am looking for a good vps or vds in europe but not sure wich one. At the moment i am using a CLOUD VPS from contabo with a plesk license. I have not had many issues but i wanted abit more performance for my ecommerce store and upgraded to the XL version the back-end loads faster but i feel like the performance stability is not so great. I see their vds has pretty high scores https://www.vpsbenchmarks.com/best_vps/2023/under/100 so i might switch to their vds if this would be better. I want to spend like 50-70 euro's a month including a plesk web pro license.

I started 8 years ago with siteground shared hosting but their speed is garbage and their renewing costs are really high. I switched to a vps first digitalocean with cyberpanel but cyberpanel is not that great for production sites. Had many SSL issues, the panel/websites crashing when memory of cache was too high. Switched to plesk instead and did not have any issues anymore and the same speed with nginx compared to litespeed. But i needed more memory and cpu for my website and nothing was close to contabo in price to performance ratio. So i switched to contabo, have been pretty happy no down time only sometimes abit of bad performance on peak times.

I also have many small wordpress websites running on siteground and i want to switch them to a vps instead.

I read hetzner is better than contabo and still offers cheap prices? but their trustpilot scores are alot lower than contabo.

Hope u guys can give me some advice for what the best vps would be in europe price to performance ratio. I live in the Netherlands so best would be NL or German based.

Hi sir, I am also looking for one, if you find a good one to use, can you recommend it?

• I have tried many providers but always come back to Hetzner. In my experience it's hands down the best all-around. With your budget I would also suggest a dedicated server. And a dedicated Ryzen 5 3600 will definitely be better than the Craptabo VDS. You get full cores all to yourself, and everything else is also dedicated, NVME storage included. So in the end you will definitely get better performance overall.

• emghemgh Member

Since I was ignored:

@emgh said:

• emghemgh Member

@vitobotta said:
    I have tried many providers but always come back to Hetzner. In my experience it's hands down the best all-around. With your budget I would also suggest a dedicated server. And a dedicated Ryzen 5 3600 will definitely be better than the Craptabo VDS. You get full cores all to yourself, and everything else is also dedicated, NVME storage included. So in the end you will definitely get better performance overall.

Why would a 3600 be better than a 5600x?

• @emgh said:
    Since I was ignored:

@emgh said:

I read some bad things about OVH not sure if i want some production websites on their servers. Also hetzner offers a cheaper plesk license. I can spend that 8 dollars a month on the server instead.