Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Host Own Production Site easily
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to Host Own Production Site easily

hostkarhostkar Member

Hello dears,

I am using cpanel to host my Production site on Digitalocean.
But as the costing is high so I want to move from cpanel to a free one or CWP Pro(which I am using to host my other site).

So my question is, Is there any easy way to host own website easily and without headache. I mean which need to be errors free.

Please help with guidance.

Comments

• sassliksasslik Member
    edited April 2023

DirectAdmin has also Personal package for 24usd per year (2usd per mo). Up to 10 domains.

https://directadmin.com/pricing.php

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

apt install lamp-server^

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Consider Plesk or DirectAdmin if you find it expensive too then I recommend HestiaCP for free one, it's light weighted and stable. I have been using it for more then 2 years for my personal projects

Thanked by 1eris
  • emghemgh Member

CloudPanel. That’s it.

• Free panel

• CyberPanel (LS or OLS)
    • CloudPanel
    • Hestia
    • aaPanel

Paid

• RunCloud
    • ServerPilot
    • ServerAvatar
    • Ploi
    • CloudWays
  • AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider

Given the nature of the original post, shared hosting from a good provider will be more reliable than anything you run yourself.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@AllHost_Ben said:
    Given the nature of the original post, shared hosting from a good provider will be more reliable than anything you run yourself.

I agree, unless you have some specific needs

• Ajenti is down?

• sassliksasslik Member
    edited April 2023

@Ympker said:

Ajenti is down?

Ah no, it doesn't work with www. just https://ajenti.org

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • zhizhi Member

aaPanel

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

You can grab a slice from @Francisco and get a free DirectAdmin license. Boom, problem solved!

• @aqua said: You can grab a slice from @Francisco and get a free DirectAdmin license. Boom, problem solved!

>
    I need Indian location and also the performance of DigitalOcean is awesome, So can't leave them. But I also have buyshared/buyvm service. And I love them.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

@hostkar said:

@aqua said: You can grab a slice from @Francisco and get a free DirectAdmin license. Boom, problem solved!

>
    I need Indian location and also the performance of DigitalOcean is awesome, So can't leave them. But I also have buyshared/buyvm service. And I love them.

Yeah, if that's the case then just purchase a DirectAdmin license

• @aqua said: Yeah, if that's the case then just purchase a DirectAdmin license

>

Is Directadmin the best option ?
    And why people don't suggesting CWPpro?

• @AllHost_Ben said: Given the nature of the original post, shared hosting from a good provider will be more reliable than anything you run yourself.

No, shared hosting is not that reliable for hosting a Hosting Business website.

• @hostkar said:

@AllHost_Ben said: Given the nature of the original post, shared hosting from a good provider will be more reliable than anything you run yourself.

Nonsense, shared hosting is perfectly reliable as long as you stay away for "$7/year" outfits running out of their parent's basement.

• @ahnlak said: Nonsense, shared hosting is perfectly reliable as long as you stay away for "$7/year" outfits running out of their parent's basement.

Maybe suitable for others, but not me. As I want to host my hosting business website. there is lot of issues to use shared hosting and bad for reputation also.

• AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider

@hostkar said:

@AllHost_Ben said: Given the nature of the original post, shared hosting from a good provider will be more reliable than anything you run yourself.

Hmm.. Unmanaged VPS which requires you to be ready to resolve issues 24/7 and perform maintenance, manage updates and security fixes all by yourself...
    vs Shared Hosting servers which often come with additional licenced software to help keep the server running smoothly and securely with a team ready to respond to issues within a few minutes notice.

Reputation shouldn't be a concern if you find a good host that relays mail externally to ensure mail hits inbox and not junk folders. Likewise if you're worried about the reputation of the IP itself then you've got CloudFlare to obfuscate that.

Seems pretty reliable to me :D

Thanked by 1ahnlak
  • ailiceailice Member
    edited April 2023

AFAIK, you can get plesk for free with 3 domains limit on DO. Dunno they still doing it for now.

• @hostkar said:

@aqua said: Yeah, if that's the case then just purchase a DirectAdmin license

>

Is Directadmin the best option ?
    And why people don't suggesting CWPpro?

Because it has serious security vulnerabilities. You can google it and read several of them.