Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOST-C - 40% off on Storage VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HOST-C - 40% off on Storage VPS

host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
edited April 2023 in Offers

Hy

We have a promotion of 40% of on our Storage VPS until the end of April 2023

Promo code is LET-40%-April-Storage, valid only on quarterly payments on our Storage VPS.

Selected Storage space ( 1,2,3 TB... etc ) is added as additional drive to your VPS.

Supply is limited, so hurry up.

The 1TB and 2TB VPS have only 1 x Xeon V4 Core and 2 GB ram, all other have 2 x Xeon V4 CPU and 4 GB RAM.

Internet is @ 1 Gbps unmeterd.

1 Core Xeon CPU V4
2 GB DDDR4 RAM
10 GB NVME Boot Drive + 1 TB HDD Storage Add-on
1 Free Backup of Boot Drive
1 Free Snapshot of Boot Drive
1 Dedicated IPV4 IP
10 Gbps VPS Up-link
Unmetered Internet Traffic

List price for quarterly payments is 36.00 USD with TAX, after promo code is 21.60 USD with tax

https://www.host-c.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-storage/vps-storage-1-tb

1 Core Xeon CPU V4
2 GB DDDR4 RAM
10 GB NVME Boot Drive + 2 TB HDD Storage Add-on
1 Dedicated IPV4 IP
10 Gbps VPS Up-link

List price for quarterly payments is 43.20 USD with TAX, after promo code is 25.92 USD with tax

https://www.host-c.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-storage/vps-storage-2-tb

VPS Storage 4 TB

2 Core Xeon CPU V4
4 GB DDDR4 RAM
20 GB NVME Boot Drive + 4 TB HDD Storage Add-on
1 Dedicated IPV4 IP
10 Gbps VPS Up-link

List price for quarterly payments is 57.60 USD with TAX, after promo code is 34.56 USD with tax

https://www.host-c.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-storage/vps-storage-4-tb

You can find all the offers up to 16 TB here:

https://www.host-c.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-storage

Promo code is recurrent for lifetime!

Multiple quantities/mix of VPS Storage services is allowed in the order with the same Promo code.

If you have any questions, write us here, PM me or send us an e-mail at: [email protected]

Comments

• raza19raza19 Veteran

Every one has to pay taxes? Regardless of which country or planet u r from?

Thanked by 1host_c
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

If you have a company from the EU with a valid EU VAT number, then we can invoice you without TAX/VAT.

• 10 Gbps, Unmetered Internet Traffic
    Just let me know how much traffic I can use

edited April 2023

@zippstorm said: 10 Gbps, Unmetered Internet Traffic

10 GBPS Uplink port on VPS, internet is 1 Gbps, unlimited traffic, fair use, as other say :smile:

No throttling if you pass X amount of traffic / month.

Uplink is not Internet Speed, uplink is the port maximum speed, if you have 2 ore more VPS from us, you will copy between them at up to 10 Gbps.

Yabs, on the additional drive:

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2023-03-24

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Wed Apr 19 09:08:32 UTC 2023

Basic System Information:

Uptime : 4 days, 12 hours, 19 minutes
    Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU cores : 1 @ 2397.222 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 2.0 GiB
    Swap : 0.0 KiB
    Disk : 2.0 TiB
    Distro : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel : 5.10.0-21-cloud-amd64
    VM Type : KVM
    Net Online : IPv4

IPv4 Network Information:

ISP : Andrei Tiberiu Holt
    ASN : AS211462 Andrei Tiberiu Holt
    Host : Andrei Tiberiu Holt

Running fio random mixed R+W disk test with 512k block size...
    Message from syslogd@t1000 at Apr 19 09:10:30 ...
    kernel:[390067.905952] watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 23s! [sshd:22140]

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 106.33 MB/s (26.5k) 601.73 MB/s (9.4k)
    Write 106.61 MB/s (26.6k) 604.90 MB/s (9.4k)
    Total 212.95 MB/s (53.2k) 1.20 GB/s (18.8k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 33.60 MB/s (65) 161.55 MB/s (157)
    Write 35.30 MB/s (68) 172.31 MB/s (168)
    Total 68.91 MB/s (133) 333.86 MB/s (325)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
    Clouvider London, UK (10G) 846 Mbits/sec 926 Mbits/sec 32.5 ms
    Scaleway Paris, FR (10G) busy busy 33.9 ms
    NovoServe North Holland, NL (40G) 912 Mbits/sec 924 Mbits/sec 33.6 ms
    Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) 646 Mbits/sec 849 Mbits/sec 95.6 ms
    Clouvider NYC, NY, US (10G) 662 Mbits/sec 857 Mbits/sec 102 ms
    Clouvider Dallas, TX, US (10G) 504 Mbits/sec 831 Mbits/sec 135 ms
    Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 340 Mbits/sec 796 Mbits/sec 163 ms
  • Why not say it's 100GE? They're virtual interfaces afterall. I don't think anyone would stack 10+ vps to exceed 10G limit on your host machine xD

@host_c said:

10 GBPS Uplink port on VPS, internet is 1 Gbps, unlimited traffic, fair use, as other say :smile:

Uplink is not Internet Speed, uplink is the port maximum speed, if you have 2 ore more VPS from us, you will copy between them at up to 10 Gbps.

@ColderCoder said: Why not say it's 100GE? They're virtual interfaces afterall. I don't think anyone would stack 10+ vps to exceed 10G limit on your host machine xD

Because most limit the VPS in 1 GBPS intel E1000 ETH card, we do not. That is why it is specified, also it is specified that internet is at 1 Gbps.

So we should not be as accurate in our offers?

• @host_c said:

got it, nice price for a true 1Gbps unmetered traffic VPS

Thanked by 1host_c
    edited April 2023

Since some of you had problems using PayPal, you can pay the orders by Bank Transfer and Stripe also

• @host_c said: If you have a company from the EU with a valid EU VAT number, then we can invoice you without TAX/VAT.

I‘d like to ask, do customers outside the EU need to pay relevant taxes? Also, do you accept VAT numbers of UK companies?

Here we have a long debate with the accounting firm ( actualy 2 of them ) since we started, they say we have to charge. We sent an e-mail to the Bulgarian fiscal authorities, asking in writing if this is mandatory or not. We did not get a reply until now, so until we do not have 100% confirmation from them, we charge TAX/VAT.

We should get the reply by the end of this month. If the reply is Negative, that we do not have to charge TAX/VAT, we will return the TAX/VAT amount into the clients panel, and they can use it for further purchase, and modify our prices on the website accordingly.

Now, if you have a Valid VAT/TAX number that it is in the VIES database, you will not be invoiced with VAT/TAX.

UK is not member of the EU since Brexit, so yes, for the moment you will be invoiced with VAT/TAX.

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/

Thanked by 1Evan_H

Update,

Starting today, 20-04-2023 you can re-install your VPS with ISO Images also, just remember to install qemu-guest-agent after that, otherwise you will have lower performance.

Windows ISO comming soon & more.

We still have a few TB left on storage VPS, so take one now, while it is hot :smile:

• alt_alt_ Member

Nice offer, thanks for sharing

Thanked by 1host_c

Looking Glass:

http://lg-ro-or.host-c.com/#tests

Since we actually forgot about it.

Hy,

we updated the TAX/Billing system, news on this you can find here:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185907/host-c-tax-vat-modification#latest

Due to the fact, that we are having an ongoing promotion, we have extended the "HOST-C - 40% off on Storage VPS" promotion to 08-05-2023

edited April 2023

Update.

Hy

We have a promotion of 40% of on our Storage VPS until 08 MAY 2023.

Promo code is LET-40%-April-Storage, valid only on quarterly payments on our Storage VPS.

Selected Storage space ( 1,2,3 TB... etc ) is added as additional drive to your VPS.

Supply is limited, so hurry up.

The 1TB and 2TB VPS have only 1 x Xeon V4 Core and 2 GB ram, all other have 2 x Xeon V4 CPU and 4 GB RAM.

Internet is @ 1 Gbps unmeterd.

1 Core Xeon CPU V4
    2 GB DDDR4 RAM
    10 GB NVME Boot Drive + 1 TB HDD Storage Add-on
    1 Dedicated IPV4 IP
    10 Gbps VPS Up-link

List price for quarterly payments is 30 USD, after promo code is 18 USD

https://www.host-c.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-storage/vps-storage-1-tb

1 Core Xeon CPU V4
    2 GB DDDR4 RAM
    10 GB NVME Boot Drive + 2 TB HDD Storage Add-on
    1 Dedicated IPV4 IP
    10 Gbps VPS Up-link

List price for quarterly payments is 36 USD, after promo code is 21.6 USD

https://www.host-c.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-storage/vps-storage-2-tb

VPS Storage 4 TB

2 Core Xeon CPU V4
    4 GB DDDR4 RAM
    20 GB NVME Boot Drive + 4 TB HDD Storage Add-on
    1 Dedicated IPV4 IP
    10 Gbps VPS Up-link

List price for quarterly payments is 48 USD, after promo code is 28.8 USD

https://www.host-c.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-storage/vps-storage-4-tb

You can find all the offers up to 16 TB here:

https://www.host-c.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-storage

Promo code is recurrent for lifetime!

Multiple quantities/mix of VPS Storage services is allowed in the order with the same Promo code.

If you have any questions, write us here, PM me or send us an e-mail at: [email protected]

• GwenGwen Member

hi
    VPS Storage 4 TB
    $57.60 USD quarterly ? after promo code $34.56 USD

• Would be a fantastic deal, except there's no indication on the website of where the servers are located, or how to find out how slow the path between you and there is until after you buy one and spin it up. Turns out that for me (western US, from my home fiber connection, as well as a LA-based VPS), iperf3 gives a maximum of 147Mbps, and roughly 170ms latency. Very disappointing, and not very usable to backup 4TB of data :/

@Gwen

Without login, price is shown with TAX, as we have to charge TAX for EU Individuals.

Without login, the site does not have your data, so it cannot know from where you come from. You can check this if you first create an account, and order after that.

After you enter your details, and Country, tax will be deducted automatically before payment.

tax-order

At step 2 you enter the promo code and have the final price.

after-promo-code
    marriage hd pic

We are trying to find a work-around to show prices without tax even if not logged in.

edited April 2023

@linuxturtle

Sorry, I did forget to post that.

Datacenter Name - RDS-RCS, Oradea City, Bihor County, Romania, Europe

Looking glass: http://lg-ro-or.host-c.com/ or you can use the IP if your browser forces SSL http://193.32.87.2/

Also My signature has HOST-C AS Number, and it is linked to he.net.

Also you can use ping.pe to 193.31.87.1 - our gateway.

For the moment we sold a lot of VPS Storage, and everybody is uploading their data, so it will take like 3-5 days for things to stabilize, as with other storage VPS from other providers.

I can confirm that most of our clients, right now are uploading with speeds from 80 to 700 Mbps, and average is at around 400 Mbps.

Thanked by 1linuxturtle
    edited April 2023

@linuxturtle said: Turns out that for me (western US, from my home fiber connection, as well as a LA-based VPS), iperf3 gives a maximum of 147Mbps, and roughly 170ms latency. Very disappointing, and not very usable to backup 4TB of data :/

Can you give me an IP of the LA based VPS , or the Providers AS number if you know it ( PM me) ?. We just want to see the BGP peering with that specific ISP.

Trans-Continental traffic usually has a latency of 80ms+, and that translates into low Mbps.

For example, source PING.PE:

Location / Loss / Avg ms latency on ping

USA, CA, San Francisco Digital Ocean 0% 170.04
    USA, CA, Los Angeles Vultr 0% 171.6
    Saudi Arabia, Riyadh Buzinessware 0% 98.91
    Cyprus, Limassol CL8 0% 90.07
    Germany, Nuremberg Hetzner 0% 26.06

• I have ordered an 8T vps, which is good except that it is far away from China.
    It is that your storage space is much less, the other storage vps 8T is calculated according to 8x 1024G, and you calculate by 8x 1000. Less 192GB than other vps providers

Yes, we calculate 8 x 1000, when you buy a USB drive, HDD, SSD, NVME, you get it the same way, 1 GB is calculated as 1000 MB, not 1024.

Imagine that on the 20TB drives that we pay, we actually get a little over 18TB usable.

Today we had a hardware modification, and we managed to squeeze out a little more performance on the storage drive, especially on 512k and 1M blocks.

Before

------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 33.60 MB/s (65) 161.55 MB/s (157)
    Write 35.30 MB/s (68) 172.31 MB/s (168)
    Total 68.91 MB/s (133) 333.86 MB/s (325)

After

Read 405.97 MB/s (792) 414.19 MB/s (404)
    Write 427.54 MB/s (835) 441.78 MB/s (431)
    Total 833.52 MB/s (1.6k) 855.97 MB/s (835)
  • @host_c

For the moment we sold a lot of VPS Storage, and everybody is uploading their data, so it will take like 3-5 days for things to stabilize, as with other storage VPS from other providers.

Ah, that makes sense. I've already paid for 3mo, so I guess I'll just wait to see if it gets faster as demand slows down. I just wish I would have known the location before buying :neutral:

Can you give me an IP of the LA based VPS , or the Providers AS number if you know it ( PM me) ?. We just want to see the BGP peering with that specific ISP.

It's a Rack Nerd VPS. I don't really want to publish my IP address :wink:

Thanked by 1host_c
  • behukbehuk Member

No IPv6?

Thanked by 1host_c

In should, get better in the coming days, we managed to get more speed from our storage system today with a hardware upgrade.

We have another link for LET in the next month ( in 7 days ) so that should also improve speed.

@behuk said: No IPv6?

As I said before,not yet.

IPV6 is on the calendar for the April-June. All existing customers will get IPV6, and we will have only IPV6 services also.

We want to add the IPV6 as secondary Ethernet adapter to the VPS, it is more challenging this way, but better for everyone. We do not wish to ad IPV6 on the same interface as IPV4.

• GrumGrum Member
    edited April 2023

@host_c said:
    Here we have a long debate with the accounting firm ( actualy 2 of them ) since we started, they say we have to charge. We sent an e-mail to the Bulgarian fiscal authorities, asking in writing if this is mandatory or not. We did not get a reply until now, so until we do not have 100% confirmation from them, we charge TAX/VAT.

We should get the reply by the end of this month. If the reply is Negative, that we do not have to charge TAX/VAT, we will return the TAX/VAT amount into the clients panel, and they can use it for further purchase, and modify our prices on the website accordingly.

Now, if you have a Valid VAT/TAX number that it is in the VIES database, you will not be invoiced with VAT/TAX.

UK is not member of the EU since Brexit, so yes, for the moment you will be invoiced with VAT/TAX.

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/

@host_c Hi, I have VPSs with other EU VAT registered companies. FYI, they are all able to invoice without VAT when provided with my GB VAT number.

There's a separate validator for GB VAT numbers:
    https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/check-vat-number/enter-vat-details

I hope that helps.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@host_c said: Today we had a hardware modification, and we managed to squeeze out a little more performance on the storage drive, especially on 512k and 1M blocks.

>

ZFS Partitions?

Thanked by 1host_c