Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NETCUP shut down my server directly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NETCUP shut down my server directly

Last week, I received an abuse notification email from Netcup, suspecting that my registration information was inaccurate and requiring me to verify my identity. I understand the need for verification and cooperated with them to re-verify my information. However, I was shocked and disappointed when they abruptly shut down my server without any warning.

I provided completely legitimate information during the registration process and even submitted various verification documents to prove my identity. I don't understand why they suddenly doubted my information again. While I appreciate the need for verification, I feel that shutting down my server was an unreasonable and drastic action.

If they had given me some time to respond or resolve the issue, it would have been more reasonable. I am deeply frustrated and disappointed by their actions, and I vow not to use Netcup again when my contract is up. It's unacceptable and unprofessional to treat customers in such a manner.
:(

Thanked by 1maverick

Comments

• emghemgh Member

If you wanted a human response and a logical way of solving it, in contrast to following the procedures of the Abuse Notification Department and the Server Shutdown During an Incoming Abuse Department as well as the Registration Verification and Review Department for Client's Whose First Name Start's With 'B' you should have not choosed a German provider.

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited April 2023

After how many hours/days did you upload required information? Calculating from their email.

Could you provide screenshots?

• rdesrdes Member
    edited April 2023

When I ordered server there, they also asked for tons of things (electricity bill or other proof of address, picture of me and my ID card and also order ID written on piece of paper...) and I just gave up.
    I'm from EU and I am surprised that this is even possible in the times of GDPR, etc., when some German providers even censor IP addresses in statistics and logs, and they want scans of government IDs to provide VPS...

Thanked by 2sasslik Plioser
  • KebabKebab Member

@rdes said:
    When I ordered server there, they also asked for tons of things (electricity bill or other proof of address, picture of me and my ID card and also order ID written on piece of paper...) and I just gave up.

Yeah I noped out when they asked proof of address, I went to hetzner and only needed an ID.

• @Kebab said:

@rdes said:

Yeah I noped out when they asked proof of address, I went to hetzner and only needed an ID.

Mine was opposite. Hetzner rejected multiple times. Got netcup verification success with an id.

• provide completely legitimate information to us!

• VoidVoid Member

Not(your)cup

• I have been experiencing the same situation for many days and have requested a refund

• @rdes said:
    I'm from EU and I am surprised that this is even possible in the times of GDPR, etc., when some German providers even censor IP addresses in statistics and logs, and they want scans of government IDs to provide VPS...

So I am very puzzled that there are so many verification documents in the early stage, why do I have to re-verify my identity later....

• I'm with you the server was stopped for 8 days, I submitted all the information they asked for on the day of the shutdown and still no answer. They treat their customers as badly as the reviews in Google. this company is run by a bunch of uneducated underage kids who are incapable of appreciating the feelings of their customers and would rather spend all day gossiping in their forum than deal with your emails. If you have an important business project, remember never to deal with NETCUP.

• misimisi Member

As it seems mainly only chinese people were affected by this. They had some problems with people abusing machines for mining and torrenting stuff. There is a hotline where you can call in important cases and directly speak to staff. But their main language is German and not chinese ( which was also already complained about).

If you have an important project, have more budget to spend than netcup costs and have backups!

• @misi Dude, real abusers don't have time to post complaints here. The reason given in their official email is to doubt the authenticity of the identity and to verify the identity information.
    I called their hotline and the guy told me he only answered the phone and asked me to wait patiently for the mail. Haha, I waited for 8 days and still no reply. Ironically, yesterday they sent me an invoice for the next cycle. Is this considered consumer fraud?
    Backup is of course common sense, but as users, we should not allow a hosting company to shut down at will, and users also have the right to export data at any time.

If blocking a country is their right, why wait until after payment? And endless bills?

• @Bovine5737 said: I provided completely legitimate information during the registration process and even submitted various verification documents to prove my identity. I don't understand why they suddenly doubted my information again. While I appreciate the need for verification, I feel that shutting down my server was an unreasonable and drastic action.

Move on to someone else. If you not happy better do not start.

They got your data and trash you at the same time. Nice

Thanked by 1hvedar13
  • @wmxz123 said:
    @misi Dude, real abusers don't have time to post complaints here. The reason given in their official email is to doubt the authenticity of the identity and to verify the identity information.
    I called their hotline and the guy told me he only answered the phone and asked me to wait patiently for the mail. Haha, I waited for 8 days and still no reply. Ironically, yesterday they sent me an invoice for the next cycle. Is this considered consumer fraud?
    Backup is of course common sense, but as users, we should not allow a hosting company to shut down at will, and users also have the right to export data at any time.

If blocking a country is their right, why wait until after payment? And endless bills?

yeah sue them!!!!

• It has been 13 days since I provided the information. During this period, I have inquired twice about the progress of the process. As of today, I have not received any reply.
    I don't think such a company deserves anyone's trust....

• I have three root servers with Netcup. I am from Romania and when I signed up they asked a lot of informations, copy from the utility bill and so on. After this they called me to verify again all information. Since then I had no problems with them. Maybe there's something in your info that make them suspicious about it, I don't know. But my experience until now it's positive and also the support replied fast when I needed them.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@alexroeu said:
    I have three root servers with Netcup. I am from Romania and when I signed up they asked a lot of informations, copy from the utility bill and so on. After this they called me to verify again all information. Since then I had no problems with them. Maybe there's something in your info that make them suspicious about it, I don't know. But my experience until now it's positive and also the support replied fast when I needed them.

Well, OP for some reason didnt provide screenshots even tho I asked.

Provider for some reason don't bother replying to him for 2 weeks.

Provider exists to earn money and customers are paying money. If provider dont want to make money then customer is making a more trouble than money is worth.
    Its not megacorporation that would terminate by mistake like Oracle or Amazon.