Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing War Content Filter Chrome Extension - Made with the Help of ChatGPT!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Introducing War Content Filter Chrome Extension - Made with the Help of ChatGPT!

Hey LowEndTalk community!

I'm excited to introduce a Chrome extension that I've been working on: War Content Filter. The idea for this extension came up when I wanted to filter out war-related content while browsing the web. With the help of ChatGPT by OpenAI, I've developed an extension that does just that!

While the base extension was created by ChatGPT, I spent two days debugging and refining it with the assistance of ChatGPT to make sure it works perfectly for you all.

Features:

• Blocks webpages containing war-related content based on specified keywords
  • Allows you to temporarily unblock a page
  • Lets you whitelist specific domains
  • User-friendly settings page to manage the whitelist(WIP)

Here's the link to the GitHub repository, where you can find the source code and more information about the extension: War Content Filter on GitHub

Please feel free to check it out, test it, and let me know your thoughts! Your feedback is very important to me, as I'd like to continually improve the extension based on your needs and preferences.

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions!

Happy browsing without war content! 🌐

Best regards,
Jason

Thanked by 2emgh kheng86

Comments

• VoidVoid Member

Why ?

• inlandinland Member
    edited April 2023

Does it have an option to show only war content?

edit: why does it also filter "Xi Jinping", "Taiwan Strait"? Is there a war in Taiwan? Are you trying to get yourself disappeared?
    https://github.com/jason5545/War-content-fliter/blob/main/block_war_content.json#L21

Thanked by 2netomx ooowwww
  • Did you use GPT 3.5 or 4? I've been playing around with 4 and have had really good luck with decent code with less errors.

• dusstdusst Member

you can use it for logo

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited April 2023

Hi @jason5545
    Thank you very much for your extension.
    But you lucky guy, because i'm here on LET. And yes, I'm from Ukraine.
    And yes, the most cool stuff about me. That i live in next building to this one:

Yes bro. ~50 killed, 250 lost their homes, 1k+ people become homeless. And this building around 50meters from me. I smelt burning meat (flesh of people) screams, i've seen tons of damaged people, and a lot of pain and suffer.

And all of that happened because of terrorists that claim theyself "country". I do talk about russian federation. Which every single day kill as many people as they can.
    I have a lot of proofs that a lot of medias around the world hides news from Ukraine from their citizens about what is going on in Ukraine. Btw, have you heard, that 1.200.000 kids from occupied Ukraine territories stolen from families, their parents taken as prisoners to filtration camps, but their childrens sent to :"new parents" very deep in russian syberia? No? That's because of extensions that you made.

Btw bro, have you heard about totally DESTROYED TO THE GROUND 450.000 city? Nope? My youtube banned also & i have zero views on other youtubes for year because of uploading content related to war and suffer in my country. Cool? My neighbourgh has a sister, with 5 kids in Mariupol, and husband. She was sitting in basement for around 2 months. Without toilet, without food, without heat, water. They did drink snow. They did cook on fire, and all of them got tons of dezenteria and other stuff (intoxication).

Have you heard about that? Nope?
    Also a lot of them were executed.
    Do you know what happened next?
    Russiands for months destroying all destroyed remains of buildings to hide criminal cases of war crimes of GENOCIDE?

Have not hear that? Oh, sorry for you.

Bro. Sorry that I'm as Ukranian alive. I sorry for distracting you from your online gaming, and watching TV series while my whole country executed, raped, head-cutted and burned to the ground.

I really apologize to be ukranian. Sorry, i wish to commit suicide and record it on video with apology to be alive and wanting to live. Sorry bro, maybe one day i will do it, especially for you.

Because i feel guilty, that i do not wish to give up and wish to live a life.
    But my fight, and fight of millions of people like me - distract you from good mood.
    Sorry bro, that i know personally a lot of people who have no money for FOOD for 1+ year. They literally hunt for birds, dogs, etc in territories near to occupied ones.
    Bro, i feel so sorry about that. For sure you need run ads campaign on google to promote your extension.

And maybe it will help faster to execute faster all Ukrainians bro.
    And for maybe 5-10 years after that you will not hear about ukrainians and war anymore.
    The things will be fine.

But for 5-10 years, after that will be Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania. After that Poland. After That Czech Republic, Romania, Serbia, and other countries to the south near to border with Turkish republic.

And one day you will realize that rockets fly not only on videos from my city above MY head every single day and kill people, but one of the rocket can somehow be inside your window, and your sublings will be the same people who must give up and die to let other people not distracted by bad news.

Have a great luck with your extension! You doing great job.

Also bro, for sure you did not seen that:

https://www.minusrus.com/en

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@desperand this is NOT the proper thread about this kind of post.

• @Arkas said:
    @desperand this is NOT the proper thread about this kind of post.

Sure.
    Maybe today i will finally die by russian rocket and will not post anymore in response to hide info related to suffer of millions of people. Btw, right now air alarm in my country. I.e. or rocket, or drones or aviation fly to bomb.

https://alerts.in.ua/en

Sorry for not comfortable answers. I promise, i have very high chances to die and not post anything that feels not good for you here.

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • Thanks for the link to Come Back Alive <3

• jason5545jason5545 Member
    edited April 2023

@pointgod said:
    Did you use GPT 3.5 or 4? I've been playing around with 4 and have had really good luck with decent code with less errors.

GPT-4, I got to an error loophole if I use 3.5, but for HTML and CSS it's ok to use 3.5. Even with 4, the code spits out a bunch of errors too, have to test and debug for quite a while, but at least it gives a usable code after several attempts.

• @jason5545 said:

but at least it gives a usable code after several attempts.

Yes, there's a bit of debugging. There's a project that uses the GPT API to automate it. Been meaning to try and see if it works or just chews up a bunch of API credits

https://github.com/biobootloader/wolverine

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • Life in a bubble. No bad news at all. That would be nice life. Or not.

Thanked by 2jason5545 ooowwww