Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iDrive e2: renewal price?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iDrive e2: renewal price?

I have currently subscribed to the 1TB package for only $4 for the first year.

Does anybody know if a promotion will be offered when renewal is due, or if I am expected to pay $40 for the second year?

Comments

• Next year should be billed 40 USD per 1TB

• BoltFlareBoltFlare Member, Host Rep

@tedtomato said:
    Does anybody know if a promotion will be offered when renewal is due, or if I am expected to pay $40 for the second year?

Unless mentioned that promotion is lifetime, you have to pay the regular price for the service on next billing.

• I think some people mentioned on other threads that they got proactively contacted by iDrive before the renewal date with some promotions.

• @tedtomato said:
    I think some people mentioned on other threads that they got proactively contacted by iDrive before the renewal date with some promotions.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3642553/#Comment_3642553

• ardaarda Member

With pay as you go model, $49/year/tb is already a good price imo. I've been using them for about 4 months, for my mastodon instance and as an another downstream for my random encrypted backups.

Thanked by 2mwt bamboo4409
  • mwtmwt Member

@arda said:
    With pay as you go model, $49/year/tb is already a good price imo. I've been using them for about 4 months, for my mastodon instance and as an another downstream for my random encrypted backups.

I managed to rig my lifetime pcloud for mastodon storage using the Public folder.

Thanked by 1bamboo4409
  • ardaarda Member

@mwt said:

@arda said:

I managed to rig my lifetime pcloud for mastodon storage using the Public folder.

How much is your assets folders ? Mine is already about 40 GBs , with all caches, and I'm the only user. I don't have that much of a storage offer from mastodon/minio supported downstreams.

• I've been using scaleway s3 storage for my mastodon instance, really cheap storage and my instance doesn't use much.

I still need to migrate my instance to a new host 😖 pray for me

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited April 2023

@tedtomato said:
    I think some people mentioned on other threads that they got proactively contacted by iDrive before the renewal date with some promotions.

I had some RemotePC subscriptions that were bought on first year only Promos. When I cancelled one, they offered 50% off right before the expiry date. When I attempted that with another account, no offer was made and they didn't offer again when the 50% off year was up.

It could be something random like end of the quarter sales crunch or something whether they offer deals.

Thanked by 1tedtomato