Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am trying to offer VPS services out of my few dedicated bare metals. Help! :-)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I am trying to offer VPS services out of my few dedicated bare metals. Help! :-)

dongnedongne Member

Any advice for me trying to start a new hosting business?

These are not my own machines and I am basically trying to sell VPSs made out of bare metals that I rent from bigger companies. -I have my colo machine in Ashburn, VA but it is an old one so I would not use it for it. >:)

I can accept any input other than "don't do that." :s

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax

Comments

• First you need to do your own assessment about budget and margin, ask yourself this: does it worth it? what can I offer that others can't? before anything else really. we don't want deadpooling :wink:

Thanked by 1dongne
  • @SeederKun said:
    First you need to do your own assessment about budget and margin, ask yourself this: does it worth it? what can I offer that others can't? before anything else really. we don't want deadpooling :wink:

I have some idea about "What can I offer that others can't"

But, my budge is small and there I only have to start small -basically one man show at first- and it looks like it takes time and efforts, almost 24/7 to be a good provider. That's also labor intensive before seeing sizable income.

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

Find your Budget , Start Small get yourself some Budget Servers and build up from it ,

IPS are stupid prices now , if you can might even be worth while you grabing a ASN and annoucing ips depending how quick you grow and demand for ips you need

Thanked by 1dongne
  • Did you advertise at first in the internet?
    How did you find your customer base? Did you find customers here too?

• @dongne said:

@SeederKun said:
    First you need to do your own assessment about budget and margin, ask yourself this: does it worth it? what can I offer that others can't? before anything else really. we don't want deadpooling :wink:

I have some idea about "What can I offer that others can't"

But, my budge is small and there I only have to start small -basically one man show at first- and it looks like it takes time and efforts, almost 24/7 to be a good provider. That's also labor intensive before seeing sizable income.

yes!

• ralfralf Member

@dongne said:

I have some advice.

I can accept any input other than "don't do that." :s

Oh, OK, I have no advice.

• BoltFlareBoltFlare Member, Host Rep

@dongne said:

Buy SolusVM and whmcs License and you are good to go.

Thanked by 1dongne
  • Thank you for your suggestion.
    I will check into it.