Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS to HostBill
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS to HostBill

JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Just wondering if anyone has done a WHMCS to HostBill migration and how did you do it?

Did you manually copy clients over?

Did you use the import tool?

Or did you just start a fresh?

How did it go?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2023

Don't. I beg you. Don't. I think I've just now, finally, gotten to the end of the things that went wrong with it. I could be wrong, there may still be more left.

At this point the list of problems we experienced from it are so numerous and so frustrating that my brain will no longer allow me to recall any one of them in particular. It's just one big ball of PTSD that I've pushed to the back of my mind.

If I did it again, I would write my own migration tool by hand. I was waiting for them to do a migration for me but they were crawling ass on it so I used the import tool. As much as I love Hostbill, the fallout from this has been one of the largest sources of frustration ever since.

Edit: I recall one vaguely. A TON of users had their billing dates changed and price discounts removed. That was the first one.

Edit 2: Some users had "contacts" created that matched their account email but had no permissions, so they had to do password resets only to find that upon login they had no access to any function in the panel (support, billing, nothing). We had to delete the contacts with identical email addresses.

Thanked by 1JamesF
  • emghemgh Member

I don't know about your client count

But if it's not a lot

Why not just manually do it right is my first though

If it's sub some number that I don't know, that could be quicker compared to searching for a solution and making it do just what you need

• emghemgh Member

@jar said:
    Don't. I beg you. Don't. I think I've just now, finally, gotten to the end of the things that went wrong with it. I could be wrong, there may still be more left.

At this point the list of problems we experienced from it are so numerous and so frustrating that my brain will no longer allow me to recall any one of them in particular. It's just one big ball of PTSD that I've pushed to the back of my mind.

If I did it again, I would write my own migration tool by hand. I was waiting for them to do a migration for me but they were crawling ass on it so I used the import tool. As much as I love Hostbill, the fallout from this has been one of the largest sources of frustration ever since.

Edit: I recall one vaguely. A TON of users had their billing dates changed and price discounts removed. That was the first one.

I guess you could always try it out in staging and take your precious time to see if you're lucky and things actually went quite well

Thanked by 1jar
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Not a lot of clients, but my issue is previous invoices, support tickets. Etc… can I manually move them over?

I’m happy to migrate clients / services manually. It may give me a chance to help understand the software a bit better.