Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner support ticket reply time?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner support ticket reply time?

Hello,
please in last two days I've opened tickets with request for adding custom iso image to my project.
Unfortunately they didn't answer.
Third ticket was why they don't answer.

Every month I open one ticket with similar adding request and answer was in one hour.

Hetzner is excelent company with superb price but now I'm unhappy from this situation.

Do you have any same trouble with their support?

Thank you
Regards

Comments

• emghemgh Member

friday and monday was a german holiday

support might be working with a backlog because of it

• We've opened 3 tickets today at Hetzner..

An IP routing issue, a harddrive replacement request, and a server restart request.. Restart took 3mins to get a reply to, ip routing took 8mins to get initial reply, fixed in 48mins.. Harddrive replacement was replied and replaced in 13 minutes.

Nothing but impressed by Hetzner to be honest - The value they bring are quite simply unbeatable.

• emghemgh Member

@khnielsen said:
    We've opened 3 tickets today at Hetzner..

An IP routing issue, a harddrive replacement request, and a server restart request.. Restart took 3mins to get a reply to, ip routing took 8mins to get initial reply, fixed in 48mins.. Harddrive replacement was replied and replaced in 13 minutes.

Nothing but impressed by Hetzner to be honest - The value they bring are quite simply unbeatable.

Don’t think these would be the same dep.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

You might be better off watching paint dry then waiting for a Hetzner response

• @emgh said:

@khnielsen said:

Don’t think these would be the same dep.

Quite possible - Just wanted to chime in, its very, very rare for us to drop tickets to Hetzner and wait more than an hour.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • tjntjn Member

@khnielsen said:
    Quite possible - Just wanted to chime in, its very, very rare for us to drop tickets to Hetzner and wait more than an hour.

Same. They're usually very fast.

• emghemgh Member

OVH is a way more extreme example; but questions to do with a specific server answered by a DC technician such as hands on, a broken risk, routing, these issues are critical and you can (and should) expect a very fast reply no matter support plan(s) or SLA(s).

Things like adding an ISO are probably handeled by a centralized support team; and are more prone to delays; it’s not worth spending 2x as much to have fast response times when load is high; but in DC critical issues it probably is.

So department makes a huge difference.

• MMzFMMzF Member

@khnielsen said:

Pretty impressive, they change faulty drive within few minutes!!

• BoltFlareBoltFlare Member, Host Rep

My ticket was resolved in less than an hour at Hetzner.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited April 2023

There are also other (actually premium) providers (in the lowend area) that advertise to respond to tickets within 48h at the latest... i am still waiting for a response from @MannDude and 48h (atm 96+ h) have long passed :)

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@hyperblast said:
    There are also other (actually premium) providers (in the lowend area) that advertise to respond to tickets within 48h at the latest... i am still waiting for a response from @MannDude and 48h have long passed :)

PM me the ticket ID. The queue is bad right now, just prioritizing higher level tickets over others so I can focus on some bigger picture stuff / research. Going to get it caught up over the weekend.

• thanks for the quick reply Dude @MannDude.
    my concern does not have the highest priority. therefore, i am still relaxed and like to wait without being angry, really!

• Today I've open two tickets.
    Unfortunately no reply :-(

• @lordnascloud said:
    Today I've open two tickets.
    Unfortunately no reply :-(

Which timezone are you?
    At what time local Munich are you raising tickets?

• We are in the same timezone.

• buddermilchbuddermilch Member
    edited April 2023

You can install any iso through the rescue system using qemu. You only need to set up the correct network interface. There are guides online, just Google "hetzner rescue system any iso" or something.

• BoltFlareBoltFlare Member, Host Rep

@lordnascloud said:
    We are in the same timezone.

Haven't you received the reply yet?

It's almost 24 hour's now.

• Yes, I received answer with very apologize for this situation during Easter.

• @hyperblast said:
    thanks for the quick reply Dude @MannDude.
    my concern does not have the highest priority. therefore, i am still relaxed and like to wait without being angry, really!

short update... 144 hours and no answer ;) @MannDude
    i am still relaxed and observe.