Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Colocation in EU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colocation in EU

skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

I recently bought an HP DL380p G8 and some more things for it; soon enough, it will be time to colocate it.

I'd need the following:
2U
450W of power (I strongly prefer metered power)
A+B power feed
1 Gbps @ 10TB p/m
2 network ports (1 for the server & one for the IPMI)
/29 IPv4
/64 IPv6

And all of that somewhere in the EU. The budget is about 60-70 EUR p/m for the server with 100W included, and the rest of the electricity doesn't count toward that budget.

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

The budget for the server with 100W is absolutely doable in my eyes, however the extra power will put you certainly over this budget, depending on your exact needs. Metered per outlet is not that common in budget providers, I haven't seen anyone doing it in a single unit (or 2U in your case). For a quarter rack - sure.

The ILO of G8 machines has a power meter. I would advise you to load up the machine with all drives/RAM and check how power usage looks under some/extensive load, depending on what you plan to do with it. This way you will have an idea on what the power usage would look like and what you would be paying.